Ulta Beauty Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

took about a week and was a group interview, very easy, everyone got the job. interview took about an hour and was offered the job the same day and started the following week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Idaho Falls, ID) in June 2015.

Interview

It was not a usual interview, they are mostly trying to get to know you. They try to ask what you know about make up, customer service. Keep in mind it's not all fun and games, there's always cleaning and organizing to get done.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an angry coworker?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I got the interview and the hiring manger acutally told me to keep my current job as I would not get more than 15 hours at max. I went through the interview and waited for a couple of days when I was called and offered the job but I declined the offer

Interview Questions

• if you had to deal with a rude customer , how would you handle them   1 Answer

I needed more hours then what I was getting at both jobs and I wasn't offered any different pay with having years of experience in what I applied for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Process was quick after submitting my application, the manager asked standard interview questions for a retail position. She gave me the over view of the job such as the dress code which was solid black bottoms and a black or white top.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Our store was brand new so they were looking for everything. I sat with a manager and we talked about cosmetics and my prior retail jobs. Asked about my knowledge of brands and if I knew anything about cosmetics.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was upset that we were out of one of her favorite brands?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and it took about three weeks for them to call back for an interview. The interview was a group interview with 5 girls including myself at a McCalister's next door. There were no surprising questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When the manager asks you if you have any questions at the end of the interview take this time to stand out and ask questions. In a group interview you want to stand out.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later. I interviewed with the manager and it was short all she asked was I tell her about myself and then told me about the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Asked a few superficial questions related to makeup, bad guests, and bad coworkers. Honestly, it's hard not to get the job because I know so many people that leave. Most locations are desperate for people, so they end up hiring less than qualified people. I've run into them hiring idiots that no matter how many times you explain to someone (mostly above your paygrade) how to do something, they still can manage to forget it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. Everything on the application was basically mentioned.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wanted to pay me significantly less than $8. I think $7.35. They will try to weed out as much hourly pay from you as possible, but don't back down.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I applied and got a call back the next day from the manager. She asked if I could come in the next day for an interview. I had 2 interviews, the first with the assistant manager. She was very sweet and asked me basic common sense retail questions. The second interview was the same only with the general manager and she pretty much asked me the same questions.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't one. I think one that could be considered hard was how would you deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Received phone call for group interview.

Other prior commitments