Ulta Beauty

Average Difficulty
42 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Columbia, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call later that same afternoon. An interview was scheduled for the next day. I came to the interview and sat down in the middle of the skin care section in a chair facing another chair with the interim store manager. She asked me a little bit about my past experience with customer service and what I was doing other than work.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call a few days later. I interviewed with the manager and it was short all she asked was I tell her about myself and then told me about the job.

Cashier

I applied online - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for a cashier position. During the application process I had to take a behavioral assessment test which consisted of real life scenarios that could possibly occur on the job. After passing the assessment test I was called for an interview. The interview was a group interview along with other candidates and took place in the salon area. The manager was very nice and enthusiastic and asked each one of us a series of questions regarding our background. Out of the 5 people who interviewed only 2 people made the team, myself included.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult. They were primarily based upon each individual's background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation. The pay was a flat rate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – Asked a few superficial questions related to makeup, bad guests, and bad coworkers. Honestly, it's hard not to get the job because I know so many people that leave. Most locations are desperate for people, so they end up hiring less than qualified people. I've run into them hiring idiots that no matter how many times you explain to someone (mostly above your paygrade) how to do something, they still can manage to forget it.

Interview Question – Nothing. Everything on the application was basically mentioned.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wanted to pay me significantly less than $8. I think $7.35. They will try to weed out as much hourly pay from you as possible, but don't back down.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – I applied and got a call back the next day from the manager. She asked if I could come in the next day for an interview. I had 2 interviews, the first with the assistant manager. She was very sweet and asked me basic common sense retail questions. The second interview was the same only with the general manager and she pretty much asked me the same questions.

Interview Question – There really wasn't one. I think one that could be considered hard was how would you deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Allentown, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in July 2012.

Interview Details – Typical retail interview. Asked about experiences in retail.

Interview Question – What would my current manager say about my working ability   Answer Question

Monroe, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online in the beginning of August 2013 and received a phone call towards the end of the month for an interview. Went in for an interview on a Friday, spoke with the GM one on one and was told I should hear back within next week. I suggest before leaving the interview give the interviewer a copy of your professional résumé. If the interviewer gives you their personal card I would also suggest sending them a "Thank You" letter via E-Mail stating you appreciate their time and etc.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weakness?
Tell me about yourself?
How would you handle an aggravated customer?
Tell me a time when you delt with an angry customer and how did you handle it?
When's your availability?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After receiving a phone call saying we would love to have you as a member of our team, the GM(General Manager) offered me $8.50 per hour. Considering that minimum wage in NY is $7.25 I accepted since its only a cashier position. But if your going for a higher position I would personally ask for more than $10 if possible.

Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2012.

Interview Details – It was only one interview. The manager of the store ran the interview at a different ULTA location because the store i was interviewing for hadn't opened yet. She was really nice and asked the general questions. Lasted about 20 minutes. She called the following Monday with job

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. In actuality, I didn't even know how much I was getting paid till someone told me in the orientation. $9 wasn't bad at all in my book.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – Received phone call for group interview.

Interview Question – Try and sell me something out of this Ulta catalog.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other prior commitments

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – group interview went really well waiting for a call back hope i get the job

Interview Question – why ultra   Answer Question

Worked for Ulta Beauty? Contribute to the Community!