Ulta Beauty

Getting the Interview

39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – Asked a few superficial questions related to makeup, bad guests, and bad coworkers. Honestly, it's hard not to get the job because I know so many people that leave. Most locations are desperate for people, so they end up hiring less than qualified people. I've run into them hiring idiots that no matter how many times you explain to someone (mostly above your paygrade) how to do something, they still can manage to forget it.

Interview Question – Nothing. Everything on the application was basically mentioned.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wanted to pay me significantly less than $8. I think $7.35. They will try to weed out as much hourly pay from you as possible, but don't back down.

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – I applied and got a call back the next day from the manager. She asked if I could come in the next day for an interview. I had 2 interviews, the first with the assistant manager. She was very sweet and asked me basic common sense retail questions. The second interview was the same only with the general manager and she pretty much asked me the same questions.

Interview Question – There really wasn't one. I think one that could be considered hard was how would you deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Allentown, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in July 2012.

Interview Details – Typical retail interview. Asked about experiences in retail.

Interview Question – What would my current manager say about my working ability   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Monroe, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online in the beginning of August 2013 and received a phone call towards the end of the month for an interview. Went in for an interview on a Friday, spoke with the GM one on one and was told I should hear back within next week. I suggest before leaving the interview give the interviewer a copy of your professional résumé. If the interviewer gives you their personal card I would also suggest sending them a "Thank You" letter via E-Mail stating you appreciate their time and etc.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weakness?
Tell me about yourself?
How would you handle an aggravated customer?
Tell me a time when you delt with an angry customer and how did you handle it?
When's your availability?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After receiving a phone call saying we would love to have you as a member of our team, the GM(General Manager) offered me $8.50 per hour. Considering that minimum wage in NY is $7.25 I accepted since its only a cashier position. But if your going for a higher position I would personally ask for more than $10 if possible.

Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2012.

Interview Details – It was only one interview. The manager of the store ran the interview at a different ULTA location because the store i was interviewing for hadn't opened yet. She was really nice and asked the general questions. Lasted about 20 minutes. She called the following Monday with job

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. In actuality, I didn't even know how much I was getting paid till someone told me in the orientation. $9 wasn't bad at all in my book.

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – Received phone call for group interview.

Interview Question – Try and sell me something out of this Ulta catalog.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other prior commitments

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – group interview went really well waiting for a call back hope i get the job

Interview Question – why ultra   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in July 2013.

Interview Details – So I applied like a week ago, and within a week I got a call from the Store Manger herself and we scheduled a interview for the next day. I was really nervous but she was really friendly and she really only asked me 3 questions. I got the job on the spot and she said she might even want to make me on of her Lead Cashier.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None really on my part. I told her minimum wage would be OK, and while the interview she raised my hourly wages 2 times. She started at $8.00/hr then at $8.50/hr and finally at $9.00/hr

Frisco, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – I applied online, got a call a couple days later to set up an interview. Once I got to the interview, one of the girls working at the register informed me that the manager was not there and so she would be conducting the interview. I waited for about 10 minutes, and when the interview finally began I was only asked a few questions about my previous job experience and then the interview was over.

Buckhead, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and within two weeks I received a phone call asking to come in for an interview. The employees there were friendly. I waited around 5 minutes before the actual interview began. It was a group interview. First thing the manger told me was the interview was going to be informal because they were searching for someone with availability.

Interview Question – What are your weakness and strengths?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ulta Beauty

Worked for Ulta Beauty? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ulta Beauty Cashier interview questions and advice. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ulta Beauty employees and interview candidates.