Ulta Beauty Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Idaho Falls, ID) in June 2015.

Interview

It was not a usual interview, they are mostly trying to get to know you. They try to ask what you know about make up, customer service. Keep in mind it's not all fun and games, there's always cleaning and organizing to get done.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an angry coworker?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Our store was brand new so they were looking for everything. I sat with a manager and we talked about cosmetics and my prior retail jobs. Asked about my knowledge of brands and if I knew anything about cosmetics.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was upset that we were out of one of her favorite brands?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and it took about three weeks for them to call back for an interview. The interview was a group interview with 5 girls including myself at a McCalister's next door. There were no surprising questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When the manager asks you if you have any questions at the end of the interview take this time to stand out and ask questions. In a group interview you want to stand out.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later. I interviewed with the manager and it was short all she asked was I tell her about myself and then told me about the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Asked a few superficial questions related to makeup, bad guests, and bad coworkers. Honestly, it's hard not to get the job because I know so many people that leave. Most locations are desperate for people, so they end up hiring less than qualified people. I've run into them hiring idiots that no matter how many times you explain to someone (mostly above your paygrade) how to do something, they still can manage to forget it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. Everything on the application was basically mentioned.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wanted to pay me significantly less than $8. I think $7.35. They will try to weed out as much hourly pay from you as possible, but don't back down.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I applied and got a call back the next day from the manager. She asked if I could come in the next day for an interview. I had 2 interviews, the first with the assistant manager. She was very sweet and asked me basic common sense retail questions. The second interview was the same only with the general manager and she pretty much asked me the same questions.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't one. I think one that could be considered hard was how would you deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Received phone call for group interview.

Other prior commitments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Monroe, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online in the beginning of August 2013 and received a phone call towards the end of the month for an interview. Went in for an interview on a Friday, spoke with the GM one on one and was told I should hear back within next week. I suggest before leaving the interview give the interviewer a copy of your professional résumé. If the interviewer gives you their personal card I would also suggest sending them a "Thank You" letter via E-Mail stating you appreciate their time and etc.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weakness?
      Tell me about yourself?
      How would you handle an aggravated customer?
      Tell me a time when you delt with an angry customer and how did you handle it?
      When's your availability?

Answer Question

Negotiation

After receiving a phone call saying we would love to have you as a member of our team, the GM(General Manager) offered me $8.50 per hour. Considering that minimum wage in NY is $7.25 I accepted since its only a cashier position. But if your going for a higher position I would personally ask for more than $10 if possible.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

group interview went really well waiting for a call back hope i get the job

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

It was for a new store, and it was a one on one interview with the district manager. She was really nice, and very easy to talk to. I wore a black,white and yellow patterned skirt, white dress shirt and gray sweater with gray rain boots (because it was storming) and she complemented me on my outfit and griped about a girl who had been interviewed earlier wearing yoga pants and flip flops. When interviewing dress along the lines of the employee dress code!!

Interview Questions

• If a customer was upset that the gift he or she was suppose to get with their purchase was out, what would you do?   1 Answer