Ulta Beauty Cashier Interview Questions

1.9

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2014.

Applied online and it took about three weeks for them to call back for an interview. The interview was a group interview with 5 girls including myself at a McCalister's next door. There were no surprising questions.

Interview Questions
When the manager asks you if you have any questions at the end of the interview take this time to stand out and ask questions. In a group interview you want to stand out.

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I applied online and got a call a few days later. I interviewed with the manager and it was short all she asked was I tell her about myself and then told me about the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Asked a few superficial questions related to makeup, bad guests, and bad coworkers. Honestly, it's hard not to get the job because I know so many people that leave. Most locations are desperate for people, so they end up hiring less than qualified people. I've run into them hiring idiots that no matter how many times you explain to someone (mostly above your paygrade) how to do something, they still can manage to forget it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Everything on the application was basically mentioned.   Answer Question
    Wanted to pay me significantly less than $8. I think $7.35. They will try to weed out as much hourly pay from you as possible, but don't back down.

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I applied and got a call back the next day from the manager. She asked if I could come in the next day for an interview. I had 2 interviews, the first with the assistant manager. She was very sweet and asked me basic common sense retail questions. The second interview was the same only with the general manager and she pretty much asked me the same questions.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't one. I think one that could be considered hard was how would you deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Received phone call for group interview.

Other prior commitments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2013.

Applied online in the beginning of August 2013 and received a phone call towards the end of the month for an interview. Went in for an interview on a Friday, spoke with the GM one on one and was told I should hear back within next week. I suggest before leaving the interview give the interviewer a copy of your professional résumé. If the interviewer gives you their personal card I would also suggest sending them a "Thank You" letter via E-Mail stating you appreciate their time and etc.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weakness?
      Tell me about yourself?
      How would you handle an aggravated customer?
      Tell me a time when you delt with an angry customer and how did you handle it?
      When's your availability?
        Answer Question
    After receiving a phone call saying we would love to have you as a member of our team, the GM(General Manager) offered me $8.50 per hour. Considering that minimum wage in NY is $7.25 I accepted since its only a cashier position. But if your going for a higher position I would personally ask for more than $10 if possible.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

group interview went really well waiting for a call back hope i get the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I applied online, got a call a couple days later to set up an interview. Once I got to the interview, one of the girls working at the register informed me that the manager was not there and so she would be conducting the interview. I waited for about 10 minutes, and when the interview finally began I was only asked a few questions about my previous job experience and then the interview was over.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in July 2013.

So I applied like a week ago, and within a week I got a call from the Store Manger herself and we scheduled a interview for the next day. I was really nervous but she was really friendly and she really only asked me 3 questions. I got the job on the spot and she said she might even want to make me on of her Lead Cashier.

Interview Questions
    None really on my part. I told her minimum wage would be OK, and while the interview she raised my hourly wages 2 times. She started at $8.00/hr then at $8.50/hr and finally at $9.00/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in June 2013.

two interviews then a background check