Ulta Beauty Cashier Interview Questions

1.9

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sanford, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in May 2012.

Applied online & got a phone call to come in for an interview just a couple days later. It was me and about 5 other girls for a group interview. This particular Ulta was just about to have a grand opening so it was nice that everyone was starting fair and did not know each other. Questions were pretty basic, like strengths/weaknesses. Also "how would you handle a customer that..." kind of questions. Really easy interview.

Interview Questions
  • No really hard questions, just basic interview questions. Only hard thing like in every group interview is coming up with your own individual answers and not having the same ones as others.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2014.

Applied online and it took about three weeks for them to call back for an interview. The interview was a group interview with 5 girls including myself at a McCalister's next door. There were no surprising questions.

Interview Questions
    When the manager asks you if you have any questions at the end of the interview take this time to stand out and ask questions. In a group interview you want to stand out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in May 2012.

I applied online and got a call later that same afternoon. An interview was scheduled for the next day. I came to the interview and sat down in the middle of the skin care section in a chair facing another chair with the interim store manager. She asked me a little bit about my past experience with customer service and what I was doing other than work.

No negotiation.

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in March 2013.

I applied online for a cashier position. During the application process I had to take a behavioral assessment test which consisted of real life scenarios that could possibly occur on the job. After passing the assessment test I was called for an interview. The interview was a group interview along with other candidates and took place in the salon area. The manager was very nice and enthusiastic and asked each one of us a series of questions regarding our background. Out of the 5 people who interviewed only 2 people made the team, myself included.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult. They were primarily based upon each individual's background.   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiation. The pay was a flat rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I applied online and got a call a few days later. I interviewed with the manager and it was short all she asked was I tell her about myself and then told me about the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Asked a few superficial questions related to makeup, bad guests, and bad coworkers. Honestly, it's hard not to get the job because I know so many people that leave. Most locations are desperate for people, so they end up hiring less than qualified people. I've run into them hiring idiots that no matter how many times you explain to someone (mostly above your paygrade) how to do something, they still can manage to forget it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Everything on the application was basically mentioned.   Answer Question
    Wanted to pay me significantly less than $8. I think $7.35. They will try to weed out as much hourly pay from you as possible, but don't back down.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I applied and got a call back the next day from the manager. She asked if I could come in the next day for an interview. I had 2 interviews, the first with the assistant manager. She was very sweet and asked me basic common sense retail questions. The second interview was the same only with the general manager and she pretty much asked me the same questions.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't one. I think one that could be considered hard was how would you deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in July 2012.

Typical retail interview. Asked about experiences in retail.

Interview Questions
    • What would my current manager say about my working ability   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monroe, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2013.

Applied online in the beginning of August 2013 and received a phone call towards the end of the month for an interview. Went in for an interview on a Friday, spoke with the GM one on one and was told I should hear back within next week. I suggest before leaving the interview give the interviewer a copy of your professional résumé. If the interviewer gives you their personal card I would also suggest sending them a "Thank You" letter via E-Mail stating you appreciate their time and etc.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weakness?
      Tell me about yourself?
      How would you handle an aggravated customer?
      Tell me a time when you delt with an angry customer and how did you handle it?
      When's your availability?
        Answer Question
    After receiving a phone call saying we would love to have you as a member of our team, the GM(General Manager) offered me $8.50 per hour. Considering that minimum wage in NY is $7.25 I accepted since its only a cashier position. But if your going for a higher position I would personally ask for more than $10 if possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2012.

It was only one interview. The manager of the store ran the interview at a different ULTA location because the store i was interviewing for hadn't opened yet. She was really nice and asked the general questions. Lasted about 20 minutes. She called the following Monday with job

I didn't negotiate. In actuality, I didn't even know how much I was getting paid till someone told me in the orientation. $9 wasn't bad at all in my book.

Worked for Ulta Beauty? Contribute to the Community!