Ulta Beauty General Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

HR phone interview, DM phone interview then face to face interview with DM. Did store walk through to engage with current associates. Very evident the passion of the brand from DM

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty in April 2015.

Interview

Placed application, received email 3 days later. Replied for phone interview for following day. Recruiter tried to talk me out of GM position. Never asked me any questions. Talked about different positions in company. Stated someone would get back with me a week later. Never received anything, call or phone.

Interview Questions

• If I was interested in another position, salon manager.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy....phone interview with recruiter, face to face with DM, and another phone interview with Regional. Took a total of 5 days for all 3 interviews and offer was made.

General Manager Interview

Interview

I have only had an initial phone interview with the recruiter and I'm waiting to here from the local district manager. I had to complete an online survey including a personality/assessment test and giving permission for a complete background check.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

It took about two weeks, however the District Manager did not contact me the recruiter did. Was contacted by recruiter, who gave me a phone interview. Then was contacted by DM, she interviewed me in person, however did not contact me after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Montgomery, AL) in December 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. Ulta recruits heavily from LinkedIn. Once I passed her interview, I interviewed with the District Manager in person. Then I interviewed with the RVP via phone. The interviews weren't that difficult. Ulta Beauty is all about being Fresh, Fun, and Real. I came from a more uptight professional environment (which prepared me well to run a store), but you need to be able to adapt to a beauty culture as a leader.

Interview Questions

• Basic sales and management questions. Can you drive a sales strategy? How do you hire/fire? What are you long term aspirations?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Initially contacted via Linked In by an Ulta Recruiter. Once passed those set of questions, sent to District Manager for interview. Then once I accepted the offer, was sent for testing.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral and IQ type questions need to be passed after the interview on line. How do you lead questions are the brunt of the questions.   Answer Question

I actually declined the first contact then was contacted several months later again for " pick my brain " questions from the District Manager. I ended up giving them a second consideration and accepted the offer because of the benefits and pay rate.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I was first interviewed over the phone by a recruiter in the corporate office. She asked me about what I would do in certain situations like If you weren't making your goal mid day what would you do? Tell me about an obstacle you overcame and how you did it. How would you handle an angry customer...... Then I got a second interview with the District manager. They asked more specific questions about sales, managing, coaching.... Where do you see yourself in 5, 10 years. How do you acheive your goals.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. You just need to be prepared to speak to managing and retail. If you know the basics its easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given a salary offer by the DM and then sent one by email to comfirm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, IL

Interview

Being able to work all hours, hire and fire, travel to annual conference, schedules, mop the floor, manage a salon with out salon experience, motivate and train, report to DM each month, pass drug screen, manage shipments each week, follow OSHA rules, daily huddles, if you can do all that you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to come in at 6 am on a Friday to meet the truck for delivery should one of your task crew not come in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer was accepted.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Recruited, called by recruiter, interviewed with Dm, she was fired, so interviewed with VP, then had to interview with SenMgr, then Vp of operations.

Interview Questions

• This area is difficult to manage why would I want to manage here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

if you travel far enough ask for more compensation for travel, recruiters have enough ability to go up or down so ask for as much as you can...