Ulta Beauty General Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.9

General Manager Interview

Interview

I have only had an initial phone interview with the recruiter and I'm waiting to here from the local district manager. I had to complete an online survey including a personality/assessment test and giving permission for a complete background check.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

It took about two weeks, however the District Manager did not contact me the recruiter did. Was contacted by recruiter, who gave me a phone interview. Then was contacted by DM, she interviewed me in person, however did not contact me after.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Initially contacted via Linked In by an Ulta Recruiter. Once passed those set of questions, sent to District Manager for interview. Then once I accepted the offer, was sent for testing.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral and IQ type questions need to be passed after the interview on line. How do you lead questions are the brunt of the questions.   Answer Question

I actually declined the first contact then was contacted several months later again for " pick my brain " questions from the District Manager. I ended up giving them a second consideration and accepted the offer because of the benefits and pay rate.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I was first interviewed over the phone by a recruiter in the corporate office. She asked me about what I would do in certain situations like If you weren't making your goal mid day what would you do? Tell me about an obstacle you overcame and how you did it. How would you handle an angry customer...... Then I got a second interview with the District manager. They asked more specific questions about sales, managing, coaching.... Where do you see yourself in 5, 10 years. How do you acheive your goals.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. You just need to be prepared to speak to managing and retail. If you know the basics its easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given a salary offer by the DM and then sent one by email to comfirm.

General Manager Interview

Interview

Being able to work all hours, hire and fire, travel to annual conference, schedules, mop the floor, manage a salon with out salon experience, motivate and train, report to DM each month, pass drug screen, manage shipments each week, follow OSHA rules, daily huddles, if you can do all that you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to come in at 6 am on a Friday to meet the truck for delivery should one of your task crew not come in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer was accepted.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Recruited, called by recruiter, interviewed with Dm, she was fired, so interviewed with VP, then had to interview with SenMgr, then Vp of operations.

Interview Questions

• This area is difficult to manage why would I want to manage here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

if you travel far enough ask for more compensation for travel, recruiters have enough ability to go up or down so ask for as much as you can...

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

It is about a 3-4 week process so be patient. Depending on position you will be interviewed by many people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were a little surprised by my asking for more pay. They did negotiate a slightly higher pay than originally offered.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in March 2013.

Interview

Spoke mostly about Client Service. ULTA wants to be more Client Service driven.
     I was little brother when she stated the company I currently work is a low volume when compared to ULTA. When I tired to explain to her that my company was international etc. She seem to not care..I wished she knew her research better of my company.

Interview Questions

• Just basic client service questions. Be prepared for ULTA to ask questions in regards to the salon.   Answer Question

Once again if she knew the volume I was coming from she would know to offer more money. I am third in charge at my current job and for me the take the highest position in a store at ULTA It would of been a pay cut.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Dublin, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Not professional and somewhat insulting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

must go through usually 2-3 interviews; final will be with DM

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a risky decision and the outcome was not what you expected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiation goes through 2 people; DM and recruiter