Ulta Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.1

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

The interview was very laid back and easy. The questions they asked were based mainly on customer service and how well you work with co-workers. This is a very easy interview to get through just be confident and you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    Just be yourself show that you are excited to be there and dress like you belong. I believe the dress code is all black. It helps to look trendy but classy it shows that you're current and you on top of the latest trends. Also, make sure you wear makeup if you are skilled at doing makeup show it but make sure its not over done. A nice smokey eye is fine.

Project Manager Interview

Everyone was very warm and friendly. They all seemed dedicated to their jobs and continuous improvement. Interview was approximately 4 hours - with several people who would be affected by the position. Even though it was great to get to meet the people I would be working with, I do wonder if it would be better to not interview with quite so many people. It was a bit of a marathon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2014.

I applied on a Wednesday and got called for an interview on Tuesday following week. I had a group interview with three other ladies and we were all asked the same questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for ulta? What can you bring?   Answer Question
    • Name a time a former manager or supervisor recognized you for good workmanship and you were surprised   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had s positive experience and what did they do to make it a good experience   Answer Question
    Key factors to getting hired:
    Makeup done
    Wear all black
    Seem interested in staying with company for a long period of time

Benefit Arch Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooksville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooksville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2014.

I was sent an invite from the GM to apply for a new store opening. Thought I'd check it out since I'm a licensed Full Specialist. The GM was quick to see me for an interview (within a day of applying) and everything seemed to be great. It took no more than 15 minutes and she didn't have too many questions for me. She then told me that we would proceed with a technical interview and needed to schedule it with the GM at another location about an hour away. I had to provide my own model for the interview as well. It took 5 days for them to call me with the time of the interview, found out the day before. It was really unprofessional to leave not only myself but my model who is busy running her own business for 5 days without returning my calls with a time. I arrived early with my model for my technical interview. I was given no information so I didn't know what to expect when I arrived. They were not prepared at all. The wax was off, all of their supplies needed to be stocked and the tools needed to be cleaned and sanitized. The GM of the store I had applied for did not come to see my technical. The GM of the location I was sent to did my technical instead. She didn't show me where all the supplies were so I could stock their area to work, was very distracted the entire time and hardly said two words to me. She constantly walked off, would have other people come watch me or would be too busy having personal conversations with her staff. By the time I was done with my model she didn't even come close to inspect the job I had done, just said "ok thanks". My model was offended at how unprofessional the entire thing was. Finally took another week for the GM of the location I applied at to return my call to let me know that they filled the position.

Interview Questions
    • They main questions were about my license and experience. Nothing difficult at all.   Answer Question

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I meet with a great salon manager that I know will be a pleasure to work for! I do my technical on Monday. It was very relaxed and easy flowing.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation necessary. They are very fair with their compensation. Not official yet but I would accept!

Beauty Advisor Interview

Called by GM to come in for group interview. 6 others attended. 8-10 questions dealing primarily with customer service experience. Had to be dressed fashionable and wearing makeup was a necessity. Was called within a week to know if I was to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to help a customer through a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2014.

Applied online and was contacted within a few days. Met with a manager and answered some questions. Pretty standard interview. Was told I would get a callback within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with up selling products?   Answer Question
    • Can you upsell salon services to clients coming in to pick up product?   Answer Question

Esthetician Interview

Not many questions asked, discussed hourly and commission right away. Was asked to come back for a practical within 10 minutes. Did practical review within a few days. The key to get hired is to up-sell waxing or other services and sell product at the end.

MSC Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

the people were judgmental. make sure you look your best. they were a little rude and unwelcoming. just look good. answer quickly too. they seemed to be annoyed if you took the time to think about your answer for too long.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2014.

Applied online and it took about three weeks for them to call back for an interview. The interview was a group interview with 5 girls including myself at a McCalister's next door. There were no surprising questions.

Interview Questions
    When the manager asks you if you have any questions at the end of the interview take this time to stand out and ask questions. In a group interview you want to stand out.