Ulta Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.1

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Was a great process for me. Talked about my skills, where I've worked in the past, and what I expected out of the company. The interviewer made it very relaxing and smooth the entire time. It was very personable, we did get a few laughs in and discuss what we love doing for a living. I throughly enjoy my interview.

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. There were questions about availability, flexibility, and previous jobs. The second part was technical. The process was performed on one of the store employees i just had to do a color process, cut, and blowout style

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then got a call from the gm a week later for an interview on Monday. Went in with a full face of makeup and wore all black, I got interviewed alone in the back of the store and then she asked me simple questions it was laid back and fun she even showed me some new Too Faced products that had just came out and we started having our own conversation and she loved what I wore. Then another manager gave me a tour after and described the dress code and the hours available they had then they said they would call me if interested. It happened today so I have not yet had a call.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The manager was very friendly and I loved the atmosphere. It was about ten minutes and she offered me the job. Very lax. She told me that the store is very open when it comes to hair color and tattoos, and that she was going to dye hers bright pink soon. Very easy, unfortunately it was too far away from my home. She offered me 8.50/hr which was a really big drop from my last job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were in a difficult situation and how did you handle it ?   Answer Question

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Memphis, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Overall the interview was easy. Salary, dress code, and hours were discussed. I was asked to preform a technical during the interview and also given a knowledge test. The salon manager was very knowledgeable and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Lakeland, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Saturday night and got a call on the following Monday at around 2PM. I was scheduled for an interview the next day at 9AM. The interview went very well. I was in a small office in the back of the store with two managers. They were both very personable and relatable. I was able to connect and joke with them easily. My interview was today, so hopefully I will get a call soon.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I was first contacted by the recruiter for a 10 minute phone interview. A week later I interviewed with Director of LP. Very Professional. Very informative. He asked routine questions. My advice, know the company, know the business- do your homework. This lasted about an hour. Then I met with the Regional Manager. She only asked a few questions, mostly just talked about Ulta and the job. Very nice, but felt like she didn't get a chance to know me since she did all the talking.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I was called soon after I submitted my online application to come in for an interview. I had one interview and they hired me on the spot. They didn't go over much of anything excluding the pay rate and dress code.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would definitely negotiate hours with them. They told me I was going to get 15-29 hours a week and I've been getting 9-12. I wish I would've made sure I was guaranteed at least 15 hours.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and heard back from them about three weeks later. Set up an in store interview. It was very easy. She answered all the questions she asked me first with what she had experienced . She said she would call me at the end of the week with an answer, but actually called me two days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hours are they give you what they give you even though I told them I was going to be starting college. And as to pay they offered me $8.50, which kinda really sucks.

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Beaumont, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online then called store a few days later for an update. Hiring manager set me up with an interview for the following week. It was a group interview with me and three other girls. Interview as very short, the manager asked things like why we wanted to work there and about our previous/current jobs. Then she proceeded to tell us that because the other manager was not there she would have to schedule is for 2nd interviews. I never reviewed a follow up call for my next interview even though the hiring manager guaranteed one for all of us and when I called for an update the rep told me calls were already made to schedule interviews, but she'll have the manager call me. I never received a call.