Ulta Beauty Interview Questions

2.1

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Freehold, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I meet with a great salon manager that I know will be a pleasure to work for! I do my technical on Monday. It was very relaxed and easy flowing.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation necessary. They are very fair with their compensation. Not official yet but I would accept!

Beauty Advisor Interview

Called by GM to come in for group interview. 6 others attended. 8-10 questions dealing primarily with customer service experience. Had to be dressed fashionable and wearing makeup was a necessity. Was called within a week to know if I was to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to help a customer through a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Esthetician Interview

Not many questions asked, discussed hourly and commission right away. Was asked to come back for a practical within 10 minutes. Did practical review within a few days. The key to get hired is to up-sell waxing or other services and sell product at the end.

MSC Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

the people were judgmental. make sure you look your best. they were a little rude and unwelcoming. just look good. answer quickly too. they seemed to be annoyed if you took the time to think about your answer for too long.

Ulta Prestige Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2014.

I applied online. I received a call within a week and was able to schedule an interview for 2 days later. The interview was very easy and natural. The general manager was very polite, and professional. The questions were what I expected. Why do you want to work for Ulta? What would you bring to the Ulta team? Give an example of when you received outstanding customer service. Give an example where you demonstrated team work/ leadership. I wore black slacks, a black blouse, and a gold and teal statement necklace. I also wore a full face of make up, but kept it neutral and simple. The best advice I can give is be confident, honest, and enthusiastic. I received a call the same day with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • I found the most difficult questions was when the manager asked if I had any questions for her. I think it is important to plan on asking a question or two.   View Answer
    I wish I would have asked for a higher pay to give room for negotiation. Ulta is very reasonable.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2014.

The ladies I interviewed with were both pleasant and easy to talk to.
    I had two interviews at the Tucson Oracle location. Both interviews ended so positively and I was exactly what they'd said they were looking for in an applicant. I've got 2 years in retail management experience, I have experience as a beauty advisor elsewhere, and I quickly become the go to gal for my work place. The second manager said she was looking to fill the void of someone that had gotten promoted within the company that was her right hand person.
    I doubt that for a part time beauty advisor they found anyone more so qualified than myself. I was told if I didn't hear from one over the week end, I'd be hearing from the other Monday. Monday evening I called, left a message for the store manager that I was still interested in the position and to call me back.
    It's almost the end of the week and no word. That's very unprofessional to lead someone on like that and make it sound like a deffinate thing, then not even have the decency to return a call to say you went with another applicant. If you say you're going to call someone, do it, even if it's not easy. It's the professional thing to do.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked by both were standard and the interviews were more like easy flowing conversations because we were all on the same level professionally (only I call people when I say I will).   Answer Question

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bolingbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

after I submit my resume, I got a phone call from the HR and they spoke with me and then they told me that I should receive a phone call from someone in the IT department by next morning. The next day that person called and he asked me about my qualifications which were an exact match to the job requirements and then he asked me a managerial question to which I had the perfect answer and that was exactly why he invited me to have an on-site interview according to what he said. I went over there and met with the HR personal, and then with two developers and here was the joke, one of the interviewers was a newly-hired employee and she has been with the company for one month only. That was a bad sign. I have been into so many technical interviews to which I had gotten 2 offers in the past. They usually ask at least 30 prepared questions, and you have to write code. And in two times I passed that and got offers. With these jokers; they didn’t even have questions, they sat down brainstorming asking very irrelative questions, then came the person who spoke with me earlier, he told me that I was very qualified and that they were very impressed with my qualification and that this job was mine and they are preparing the offer for me. This was a surprise for me. But He is the only person that was good in this company, not because he told me that I got the job on the spot, but because he was able to see that I indeed got the quality to work in a stressful environment. I left very excited, because I thought based on what he said that I got the job, a week passed by and nothing happened. And I had rejected an offer the next day because of that. They called me after that saying that I wasn’t qualified for the job. And I know why. Before you go to the interview with Ulta, they ask you to fill out an application, and in the application they literally ask for your age (which is very illegal) but they claim that they just collect statistical information, and they repeat the age questions in several form to make sure you entered the right information. I am in my thirties not in my twenties, and I am sure they didn’t like that at all. I just got a great offer from a wonderful company, and I am glad things didn’t work with Ulta…you out there, if you like to be discriminated against, then work for them…. I regret my time spent over there, they are far from being professional and very biased and unfair. Shame Shame Shame.

Interview Questions
    • there were no questions to ask...they were very unprepared and brainstorming.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call about a week later to come in for a group interview. The interview was with myself and four other girls in the back area of the store. There were two managers conducting the interview. They asked us questions relating to the job. Some questions were technical, ie, did we have experience stocking and shelving. Some questions were specific to the job. For example, they asked what our favorite current beauty products were. At the end of the questions, the general manager gave a summary of the position and said we would be mainly stocking, shelving, doing inventory, etc. She also said "don't you dare ever come in here without makeup on," which I thought was a little shocking (even though I personally wear makeup every day to work anyway, it was just strange to hear that said out loud.)

Interview Questions
    • What sets you apart and makes you the one we should hire?   Answer Question

Salon Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Old Saybrook, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Saybrook, CT

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2014.

The initial interview was given by the National Salon Recruiter. She was very informative and helpful in regards to answering all the questions I had about the company. She was patient and a great listener on the phone. She responded quickly via email.

Associate Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2014.

I applied online from Indeed and was directed to apply on the Ulta website. I was contacted my phone. It took a while to get the initial interview set because they would call me when I was working my current job and refused to utilize email. I had to go through an interview with the general manager and a few days later a manager at another store as a secondary. It took a week and a half to get the call offering the job after the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would make a business decision without all of the pertinent information needed.   View Answer

The pay rate was only $16 an hour and that was after it was supposedly "bumped up" for my experience level. It turned out to be that I was going to be on the sales floor helping people with drug store cosmetics and other basic things, no real managing or business acumen needed at all. It was a position better geared for an 18 year old with Walgreens experience. I was not pleased!

Worked for Ulta Beauty? Contribute to the Community!