Ulta Beauty

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
West Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2013.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview from a company recruiter. Followed by an in-person interview. Both were really standard questions. They really put a lot of focus on the attitude or enthusiasm for the company/industry.

Interview Question – All standard interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation, really important to give a higher pay expectation. Really helped me get more since I was coming from a company that paid better.

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager
Peoria, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – Initially applied online and was contacted about a month later by a recruiter. Was in the process of moving to the area where the job was, so that wasn't a problem. Waited and was contacted by the DM 3 days after I reached the location to come in for an interview. Fairly standard interview.

Reason for Declining – applied for a co-manager position and was offered an associate manager position that was barely full time making a lot less after I was told the position I had applied for was already filled by a transfer from another location.

Beauty Consultant/Retail Sales Associate Interview

Beauty Consultant/Retail Sales Associate

Interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview Details – interview with a few managers showed me the product layout, discussed holy rate and sch expectations had a hire orientation. and began the following week. Showed me the employee break room, meet existing employees and salon staff.

Interview Question – Very casual interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was going to school so needed a flexible sch

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Part-Time Cashier
Burlington, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in November 2013.

Interview Details – If you come in and introduce yourself and let them know you are applying you are more likely to get the job even though they will tell you to apply online, then you apply online, they call and schedule your interview. The manager takes you into the office and you have a group interview of 2 people or more. There is only one interview and if the manager thinks you are a good fit you will get a job offer immediately after the interview. As long as you are very polite and dressed appropriately for your interview and actually pay attention to the questions and answer them as honestly as possible you will most likely get the job. This is a great company to work for. From the very beginning working there is fun and you will enjoy going to work every day, the people are very friendly and easy to work with. Just a very pleasant environment.

Interview Question – What is the difference between perfume and body spray?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you ask for more than 9 per hour you will not get the job, keep your negotiation to about 8.25-8.60 per hour.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Columbia, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call later that same afternoon. An interview was scheduled for the next day. I came to the interview and sat down in the middle of the skin care section in a chair facing another chair with the interim store manager. She asked me a little bit about my past experience with customer service and what I was doing other than work.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Cashier/Task Associate Interview

Cashier/Task Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2011.

Interview Details – Most of the process is done online or over the phone. The initial application process and personality questionnaire are huge as to whether or not you make it further. The questions are confusing for a reason and their metrics are specific to a type of person they are looking for. After that, its a phone interview. Mostly to weed out the less desirable. If you make it through all that you get a in-person. Thats when you know. Standard forms and employment on-boarding after that assuming you get the nod.

Interview Question – how long do you think it will take you to master the position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really any negotiation.

Ulta Prestige Consultant Interview

Ulta Prestige Consultant
Syracuse, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online for new store opening in my area. Got a call a few weeks later for an interview the next day (Tuesday). Met with two ladies from another ulta in my area who interviewed me. They told me they would let me know by end of week. On Friday a got the call offering me the job ��

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Bolingbrook, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted by internal recruiter within a week. Interview was set up immediately (week later). Went to office in Bolingbrook and met with Hiring Manager, team and another Team. A week later, they called with an offer. The offer was pretty competitive. Then the usual drug screen and background.

Interview Question – None. Discussed background, certain projects they were working on and so forth. It was more of a conversational interview than strictly behavioral.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got my offer one morning and reviewed that and the benefits for a day and countered the next morning. We met in the middle and all was good. Took less than 24 hours.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor

I applied online - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in June 2014.

Interview Details – I got a phone call to come in for an interview within a few days. Went in for an interview which lasted about an hour. They said they would follow up with me by certain date ,and they did which is huge. Started 10 days later...

Interview Question – Are you married and do you have kids...   View Answer

Task Associate Interview

Task Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in July 2014.

Interview Details – Noticed they were building an Ulta near me so I applied online. A month passed, they were still building so I applied again. A few days after I got a call from the hiring manager informing me that I won't be starting at the position I applied for (beauty consultant) but instead stocking, ordering, etc. I accepted the offer because she also said there are two permanent positions that will be given after evaluating myself & others. There were no interview questions, but a background check was conducted. I now have a schedule in my email :)

Interview Question – There were no questions asked.   Answer Question

Worked for Ulta Beauty? Contribute to the Community!