Ulta Beauty

223 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Beauty Advisor Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in January 2014.

Interview Details – Called for an interview on Saturday and I interviewed the following Tuesday. Asked favorite brands, why I'd want to work at Ulta, etc.

Interview Question – How would you deal with upset customer?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in April 2010.

Interview Details – must go through usually 2-3 interviews; final will be with DM

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you made a risky decision and the outcome was not what you expected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – negotiation goes through 2 people; DM and recruiter

Prestige Consultant Interview

Interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview Details – It actually went well . i was very happy and confident in myself and she wanted me for a second interview for tommorow.

Interview Question – why ulta?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was accepted for another interview.

Very Easy Interview

Guest Coordinator Interview

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on a Mon., next Mon. was called and interviewed Tues. Hiring managers were upbeat, prepared, and professional. The interview consisted of a 30 min convo about the job and my experience. At the end I was told they would call Friday to let me know if I got the job. Direct, easy, and overall good experience.

Interview Question – None - the questions that weren't directly related to my experience or what duties this role plays involved common sense situations regarding customer service.   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Spokane, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on Indeed.com and got a call 2 days later to set up an interview. Had my interview on Wed. with GM then she set up an interview with the DM 2 days later. Hired later that day. It was a typical interview what are your strengths/weaknesses, tell me about a time when you had to resolve a problem with a customer, how do you add on sales, tell me about your coaching experience.

Interview Question – I think that the what is your weakness is always the hardest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was called with an offer a few hours after interview with DM. Offered a low number tried to negotiate didnt work.

Prestige Manager Interview

Orange, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call within a few days. Met GM at Starbucks for interview. Got a call I was hired within a couple days.

Interview Question – Mostly I was told about the position. Not many questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ulta was very fair and went with my requests

General Manager Interview

Montgomery, IL

Interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview Details – Being able to work all hours, hire and fire, travel to annual conference, schedules, mop the floor, manage a salon with out salon experience, motivate and train, report to DM each month, pass drug screen, manage shipments each week, follow OSHA rules, daily huddles, if you can do all that you are hired.

Interview Question – Are you willing to come in at 6 am on a Friday to meet the truck for delivery should one of your task crew not come in?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offer was accepted.

Cashier Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – Asked a few superficial questions related to makeup, bad guests, and bad coworkers. Honestly, it's hard not to get the job because I know so many people that leave. Most locations are desperate for people, so they end up hiring less than qualified people. I've run into them hiring idiots that no matter how many times you explain to someone (mostly above your paygrade) how to do something, they still can manage to forget it.

Interview Question – Nothing. Everything on the application was basically mentioned.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wanted to pay me significantly less than $8. I think $7.35. They will try to weed out as much hourly pay from you as possible, but don't back down.

Benefit Arch Expert Interview

Tupelo, MS

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with GM, then set up with phone interview with AE. Once AE approved, was made an offer

Interview Question – None. Questions pertained to job skills. Very easy interview   View Answer

Negotiation Details – great offer to start with.

Hair Designer I Interview

Hair Designer I
Boardman, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had a one on one interview with the salon manager first. Then, we scheduled a time for me to come back with a model to do a partial highlight and a haircut on. Once, I finished with the highlight and blow-dry style, she examined my work and hired me.

Interview Question – Do you have any clientale? How would you convert someone you are talking to into getting a salon service? How would you handle an unhappy client?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When I applied for the job I asked for $9/hour she asked me if $8/hour was okay and I said yes........

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ulta Beauty

Worked for Ulta Beauty? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ulta Beauty interview questions and advice. All 223 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ulta Beauty employees and interview candidates.