Ulta Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2014
Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.1

Task/Temporary Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I applied online for a new store opening close to home. I was called by the manager the next day and scheduled an interview. The interview was held at a different ulta store because the one I applied to hadn't opened yet

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

The interview was very laid back and easy. The questions they asked were based mainly on customer service and how well you work with co-workers. This is a very easy interview to get through just be confident and you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    Just be yourself show that you are excited to be there and dress like you belong. I believe the dress code is all black. It helps to look trendy but classy it shows that you're current and you on top of the latest trends. Also, make sure you wear makeup if you are skilled at doing makeup show it but make sure its not over done. A nice smokey eye is fine.

Project Manager Interview

Everyone was very warm and friendly. They all seemed dedicated to their jobs and continuous improvement. Interview was approximately 4 hours - with several people who would be affected by the position. Even though it was great to get to meet the people I would be working with, I do wonder if it would be better to not interview with quite so many people. It was a bit of a marathon.

Seasonal Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2014.

Very nice and laid back! Beth made me feel very comfortable and was super sweet! I didn't feel nervous at all and she offered me the position! Ulta is a great company!

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle stressful situations?
      Why Ulta? Why choose Ulta?
        Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, I wanted $8 she gave me $9.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2014.

I applied on a Wednesday and got called for an interview on Tuesday following week. I had a group interview with three other ladies and we were all asked the same questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for ulta? What can you bring?   Answer Question
    • Name a time a former manager or supervisor recognized you for good workmanship and you were surprised   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had s positive experience and what did they do to make it a good experience   Answer Question
    Key factors to getting hired:
    Makeup done
    Wear all black
    Seem interested in staying with company for a long period of time

Benefit Arch Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooksville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooksville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2014.

I was sent an invite from the GM to apply for a new store opening. Thought I'd check it out since I'm a licensed Full Specialist. The GM was quick to see me for an interview (within a day of applying) and everything seemed to be great. It took no more than 15 minutes and she didn't have too many questions for me. She then told me that we would proceed with a technical interview and needed to schedule it with the GM at another location about an hour away. I had to provide my own model for the interview as well. It took 5 days for them to call me with the time of the interview, found out the day before. It was really unprofessional to leave not only myself but my model who is busy running her own business for 5 days without returning my calls with a time. I arrived early with my model for my technical interview. I was given no information so I didn't know what to expect when I arrived. They were not prepared at all. The wax was off, all of their supplies needed to be stocked and the tools needed to be cleaned and sanitized. The GM of the store I had applied for did not come to see my technical. The GM of the location I was sent to did my technical instead. She didn't show me where all the supplies were so I could stock their area to work, was very distracted the entire time and hardly said two words to me. She constantly walked off, would have other people come watch me or would be too busy having personal conversations with her staff. By the time I was done with my model she didn't even come close to inspect the job I had done, just said "ok thanks". My model was offended at how unprofessional the entire thing was. Finally took another week for the GM of the location I applied at to return my call to let me know that they filled the position.

Interview Questions
    • They main questions were about my license and experience. Nothing difficult at all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2014.

Applied online, then went in about a week later to check up on the application, was told it would be about a week before they got through the applications - called about a week later and was told that they still had not been looked through, but then was called probably 20 minutes after that phone call by the same manager asking me what time I would be able to interview. Went in for interview about a week after that. Interview was pretty basic, why would you like to work at ulta, what are your strengths and weaknesses, etc. Was called a few days later and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best advice you have been given by a past employer or teacher and how have you used it in your work?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, if you are getting a job here around the holidays, expect low pay for a good amount of work, but overall a good job with great management and a friendly work environment.

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I meet with a great salon manager that I know will be a pleasure to work for! I do my technical on Monday. It was very relaxed and easy flowing.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation necessary. They are very fair with their compensation. Not official yet but I would accept!

Beauty Advisor Interview

Called by GM to come in for group interview. 6 others attended. 8-10 questions dealing primarily with customer service experience. Had to be dressed fashionable and wearing makeup was a necessity. Was called within a week to know if I was to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to help a customer through a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2014.

Submitted my application online and I was called in for an interview two weeks later. I was originally contacted by an associate named Ashley and I ended up being interviewed by some guy that wasn't even expecting me. He asked really basic interview questions overall easy interview!