Ulta Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The manager was very friendly and I loved the atmosphere. It was about ten minutes and she offered me the job. Very lax. She told me that the store is very open when it comes to hair color and tattoos, and that she was going to dye hers bright pink soon. Very easy, unfortunately it was too far away from my home. She offered me 8.50/hr which was a really big drop from my last job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were in a difficult situation and how did you handle it ?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I was first contacted by the recruiter for a 10 minute phone interview. A week later I interviewed with Director of LP. Very Professional. Very informative. He asked routine questions. My advice, know the company, know the business- do your homework. This lasted about an hour. Then I met with the Regional Manager. She only asked a few questions, mostly just talked about Ulta and the job. Very nice, but felt like she didn't get a chance to know me since she did all the talking.

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Lakeland, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Saturday night and got a call on the following Monday at around 2PM. I was scheduled for an interview the next day at 9AM. The interview went very well. I was in a small office in the back of the store with two managers. They were both very personable and relatable. I was able to connect and joke with them easily. My interview was today, so hopefully I will get a call soon.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I was called soon after I submitted my online application to come in for an interview. I had one interview and they hired me on the spot. They didn't go over much of anything excluding the pay rate and dress code.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would definitely negotiate hours with them. They told me I was going to get 15-29 hours a week and I've been getting 9-12. I wish I would've made sure I was guaranteed at least 15 hours.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Idaho Falls, ID) in June 2015.

Interview

It was not a usual interview, they are mostly trying to get to know you. They try to ask what you know about make up, customer service. Keep in mind it's not all fun and games, there's always cleaning and organizing to get done.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an angry coworker?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Arlington, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

A group interview with two other interviewees. Interviewed by the manager, who was very nice and bubbly. Manager went over the job duties, expectations, rules, dress code, etc. Also offered other position as overnight stocker, and explained that position in-depth. Each interviewee was allowed time to answer, as well as ask questions at the end of interview. The manager made sure to use our names when asking specific questions, as well as in other instances, which made me feel at ease and comfortable with the manager. She seemed a "people person", but it was very genuine.

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Kokomo, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

General & Store manager asked me basic interview questions then performed 20 minute facial as a skills test. Had quite a long discussion on what's expected and how to her clients in the door.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in this career?
      How will you cross market yourself?

Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Columbia, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

First interview was via telephone from the recruiter. Second interview was done by the general manager who was also new via telephone. Third interview was in person with general manager.

Interview Questions

• Basic "how would you handle", "example of when"   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Task Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy, it was just for a temporary position so they only asked a few questions and told me they'd see me soon to stock for the store opening. There would be an orientation and the task would only be for 6 days. I didn't know that Task (Temporary) would be so short but I didn't mind since I really like Ulta and they said we could shop the store before it opened. I wouldn't mind applying for a real part-time though.

Beauty Consultant/Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Came in and sat in the office with the SM. It was an one on one interview and she explained the function of the store. I then was called in for video training, which was quite tedious, but I understand why they do it.