Ulta Beauty

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Beauty Advisor, Lead Cashier Interview

Beauty Advisor, Lead Cashier

I applied online - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was hired during holiday season, so that may have contributed to the hiring process feeling so easy - very relaxed and casual. Felt I was able to show my personality and get to know what was expected of me, though. My interview lasted maybe 15 minutes max, and I got a call with an offer before I was even halfway home.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions - "hardest" was why ULTA over Sephora.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call a few days later. I interviewed with the manager and it was short all she asked was I tell her about myself and then told me about the job.

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for a cashier position. During the application process I had to take a behavioral assessment test which consisted of real life scenarios that could possibly occur on the job. After passing the assessment test I was called for an interview. The interview was a group interview along with other candidates and took place in the salon area. The manager was very nice and enthusiastic and asked each one of us a series of questions regarding our background. Out of the 5 people who interviewed only 2 people made the team, myself included.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult. They were primarily based upon each individual's background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation. The pay was a flat rate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Prestige Consultant Interview

Prestige Consultant
York, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was easy. I was not anticipating on being contacted so quickly. The interview process was like any other retail interview process. Mine was more so, laid back.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   View Answer

Seasonal Retail Associate Interview

Seasonal Retail Associate
Manchester, NH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in November 2012.

Interview Details – After applying online I received a call to come to a group interview. I went to the interview knowing it was for a seasonal job, with the possibility of receiving a part-time position. The group interview was a comfortable but slightly intimidating situation just because you are are around your "competition" the whole interview, there was no one-on-one time with the manager until I was hired.

Interview Question – "What can you bring to the company?" Everything was fairly standard.   Answer Question

Cashier/Task Associate Interview

Cashier/Task Associate
Folsom, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in April 2013.

Interview Details – One interview was with a manger to discuss past experience and what you would do in hypothetical scenarios. The second interview is done when they decide that your hired; starting wage and availability is discussed.

Interview Question – Explain a situation in which you offered great customer service.   Answer Question

Lead Cashier Interview

Lead Cashier
West Des Moines, IA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – I applied online for a beauty advisor or any open position with no real experience in retail or beauty. I got a call back about 3 weeks laters asking for an interview for a seasonal cashier (it was right after black friday). I went to the interview and met with the associate manager (normally would have met with the GM but she was leaving the company that week). I had basic questions about my sales background, and also about customer service. It was a laid back interview, basically they needed competent people to cashier during busy holiday hours. I got a call back the next day or two and was asked to come in and do training. I filled out hire on paper work and watched a 30 min video about the company and they threw me on register.

Interview Question – Name a positive experience with an associate you had as a customer at our store prior to today   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None it was seasonal but turned into full time

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – Initially contacted via Linked In by an Ulta Recruiter. Once passed those set of questions, sent to District Manager for interview. Then once I accepted the offer, was sent for testing.

Interview Question – Lots of behavioral and IQ type questions need to be passed after the interview on line. How do you lead questions are the brunt of the questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I actually declined the first contact then was contacted several months later again for " pick my brain " questions from the District Manager. I ended up giving them a second consideration and accepted the offer because of the benefits and pay rate.

Beauty Advisor/Cashier Interview

Beauty Advisor/Cashier
Saint George, UT

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty laid back. It seemed a little unprofessional simply because of the setting. It's very informal and I was unclear about where to go for the interview and the employees weren't incredibly helpful in telling me where to go. Although it seemed unprofessional, it was a little bit nice that it wasn't super formal. Made for a less stressful interview. I would advise anyone applying here to wear solid black on bottom, solid black shoes, and a black or white top (preferably black). It's always best to dress for a companies particular dress code.

Interview Question – No questions were incredibly difficult. My interviewer asked me about my favorite make up brand. I was asked to share a time when I was driven to help a customer in a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Esthetician Interview

Esthetician

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – I went through two interviews! The first one was the informational one and the second my technical. I met with the Salon Manager for the first one and she also did my technical and after my technical I met with the GM! They were both very nice positive and willing to work with me! My pay is decent( above min wage).

Interview Question – Your book is low what would you do to fill up that book?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ulta Beauty