Ulta Beauty

Relevance Date Difficulty

Prestige Consultant Interview

Prestige Consultant
Fresno, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in January 2011.

Interview Details – Tell us about the most difficult part of your last job. What was the most challenging thing youve come across with a customer and how did you deal with them?

Interview Question – There was no unexpected or difficult question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, I had to ask for more, they were trying to give me minimum wage.

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Part-Time Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in March 2014.

Interview Details – When you go in make sure to wear all black and look classy and fancy. The questions were very basic and only asked me to describe myself, situation questions, and what if's.

Interview Question – What is your favorite trend. Describe your beauty secret   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a better offer from another company.

Merchandise & Service Coordinator Interview

Merchandise & Service Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty involved. I had 2 in-person interviews and 1 phone interview. Everyone was very nice and the questions were basic. Come prepared to ask your own questions. Also, dress the part as if you already have the job.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Deployment Clerk Interview

Deployment Clerk
Chambersburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in May 2012.

Interview Details – You are to apply on-line. You are asked to give your standard information about yourself. The test is multiple choice and is geared to get an idea of your character. If eligible, you are called for an interview.

Interview Question – How would you describe yourself? If there is conflict between two associates, how would you get it resolved?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Beauty Advisor, Lead Cashier Interview

Beauty Advisor, Lead Cashier

I applied online - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was hired during holiday season, so that may have contributed to the hiring process feeling so easy - very relaxed and casual. Felt I was able to show my personality and get to know what was expected of me, though. My interview lasted maybe 15 minutes max, and I got a call with an offer before I was even halfway home.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions - "hardest" was why ULTA over Sephora.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call a few days later. I interviewed with the manager and it was short all she asked was I tell her about myself and then told me about the job.

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for a cashier position. During the application process I had to take a behavioral assessment test which consisted of real life scenarios that could possibly occur on the job. After passing the assessment test I was called for an interview. The interview was a group interview along with other candidates and took place in the salon area. The manager was very nice and enthusiastic and asked each one of us a series of questions regarding our background. Out of the 5 people who interviewed only 2 people made the team, myself included.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult. They were primarily based upon each individual's background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation. The pay was a flat rate.

Prestige Consultant Interview

Prestige Consultant
York, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was easy. I was not anticipating on being contacted so quickly. The interview process was like any other retail interview process. Mine was more so, laid back.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   View Answer

Seasonal Retail Associate Interview

Seasonal Retail Associate
Manchester, NH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in November 2012.

Interview Details – After applying online I received a call to come to a group interview. I went to the interview knowing it was for a seasonal job, with the possibility of receiving a part-time position. The group interview was a comfortable but slightly intimidating situation just because you are are around your "competition" the whole interview, there was no one-on-one time with the manager until I was hired.

Interview Question – "What can you bring to the company?" Everything was fairly standard.   Answer Question

Cashier/Task Associate Interview

Cashier/Task Associate
Folsom, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in April 2013.

Interview Details – One interview was with a manger to discuss past experience and what you would do in hypothetical scenarios. The second interview is done when they decide that your hired; starting wage and availability is discussed.

Interview Question – Explain a situation in which you offered great customer service.   Answer Question