Ulta Beauty

Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2014.

Applied online, then went in about a week later to check up on the application, was told it would be about a week before they got through the applications - called about a week later and was told that they still had not been looked through, but then was called probably 20 minutes after that phone call by the same manager asking me what time I would be able to interview. Went in for interview about a week after that. Interview was pretty basic, why would you like to work at ulta, what are your strengths and weaknesses, etc. Was called a few days later and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best advice you have been given by a past employer or teacher and how have you used it in your work?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, if you are getting a job here around the holidays, expect low pay for a good amount of work, but overall a good job with great management and a friendly work environment.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2014.

I had a phone screening type interview first, then the real one. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and the general manager from another store sat in on the interview. I was basically asked the typical scenario and how did I handle it type of questions. Overall the interview went good and she said she'd let me know after she interviews a few more people.

Interview Questions
    • How did I motivate my employees to sell?   View Answer

Seasonal Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2014.

Very nice and laid back! Beth made me feel very comfortable and was super sweet! I didn't feel nervous at all and she offered me the position! Ulta is a great company!

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle stressful situations?
      Why Ulta? Why choose Ulta?
        Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, I wanted $8 she gave me $9.

Project Manager Interview

Everyone was very warm and friendly. They all seemed dedicated to their jobs and continuous improvement. Interview was approximately 4 hours - with several people who would be affected by the position. Even though it was great to get to meet the people I would be working with, I do wonder if it would be better to not interview with quite so many people. It was a bit of a marathon.

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I meet with a great salon manager that I know will be a pleasure to work for! I do my technical on Monday. It was very relaxed and easy flowing.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation necessary. They are very fair with their compensation. Not official yet but I would accept!

Seasonal Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2014.

Applied online and was contacted within a few days. Met with a manager and answered some questions. Pretty standard interview. Was told I would get a callback within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with up selling products?   Answer Question
    • Can you upsell salon services to clients coming in to pick up product?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Called by GM to come in for group interview. 6 others attended. 8-10 questions dealing primarily with customer service experience. Had to be dressed fashionable and wearing makeup was a necessity. Was called within a week to know if I was to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to help a customer through a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2014.

Submitted my application online and I was called in for an interview two weeks later. I was originally contacted by an associate named Ashley and I ended up being interviewed by some guy that wasn't even expecting me. He asked really basic interview questions overall easy interview!

Esthetician Interview

Not many questions asked, discussed hourly and commission right away. Was asked to come back for a practical within 10 minutes. Did practical review within a few days. The key to get hired is to up-sell waxing or other services and sell product at the end.

MSC Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

the people were judgmental. make sure you look your best. they were a little rude and unwelcoming. just look good. answer quickly too. they seemed to be annoyed if you took the time to think about your answer for too long.