Ulta Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.1

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Memphis, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Overall the interview was easy. Salary, dress code, and hours were discussed. I was asked to preform a technical during the interview and also given a knowledge test. The salon manager was very knowledgeable and easy to talk to.

Area Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I was first contacted by the recruiter for a 10 minute phone interview. A week later I interviewed with Director of LP. Very Professional. Very informative. He asked routine questions. My advice, know the company, know the business- do your homework. This lasted about an hour. Then I met with the Regional Manager. She only asked a few questions, mostly just talked about Ulta and the job. Very nice, but felt like she didn't get a chance to know me since she did all the talking.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I was called soon after I submitted my online application to come in for an interview. I had one interview and they hired me on the spot. They didn't go over much of anything excluding the pay rate and dress code.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would definitely negotiate hours with them. They told me I was going to get 15-29 hours a week and I've been getting 9-12. I wish I would've made sure I was guaranteed at least 15 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Beaumont, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online then called store a few days later for an update. Hiring manager set me up with an interview for the following week. It was a group interview with me and three other girls. Interview as very short, the manager asked things like why we wanted to work there and about our previous/current jobs. Then she proceeded to tell us that because the other manager was not there she would have to schedule is for 2nd interviews. I never reviewed a follow up call for my next interview even though the hiring manager guaranteed one for all of us and when I called for an update the rep told me calls were already made to schedule interviews, but she'll have the manager call me. I never received a call.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Arlington, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

A group interview with two other interviewees. Interviewed by the manager, who was very nice and bubbly. Manager went over the job duties, expectations, rules, dress code, etc. Also offered other position as overnight stocker, and explained that position in-depth. Each interviewee was allowed time to answer, as well as ask questions at the end of interview. The manager made sure to use our names when asking specific questions, as well as in other instances, which made me feel at ease and comfortable with the manager. She seemed a "people person", but it was very genuine.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and heard back from them about three weeks later. Set up an in store interview. It was very easy. She answered all the questions she asked me first with what she had experienced . She said she would call me at the end of the week with an answer, but actually called me two days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hours are they give you what they give you even though I told them I was going to be starting college. And as to pay they offered me $8.50, which kinda really sucks.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The GM conducted the interview and did a situational interview. I had to state the problem, give a solution, and give an end result. Some questions were more sales oriented than others. We went through any skills I had that would help with the job. Overall, the interview was fairly laid back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you sold a product to a customer.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in June 2015.

Interview

I had applied to ulta when there were no job openings so I wasn't in any rush. About a month later I got a call they were hiring. I went in the next day and was given the job within the first two minuets.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiating was a piece of cake. I get 10 dollars an hour.

Task Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy, it was just for a temporary position so they only asked a few questions and told me they'd see me soon to stock for the store opening. There would be an orientation and the task would only be for 6 days. I didn't know that Task (Temporary) would be so short but I didn't mind since I really like Ulta and they said we could shop the store before it opened. I wouldn't mind applying for a real part-time though.

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Kokomo, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

General & Store manager asked me basic interview questions then performed 20 minute facial as a skills test. Had quite a long discussion on what's expected and how to her clients in the door.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in this career? How will you cross market yourself?   Answer Question