Ulta Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.1

Prestige Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Was simply asked base questions. Interview was don't in a tiny office but the manager at that time created a casual and comfortable environment. The interview was brief, but fairly thorough. The general manager seemed to focus on personality which I think is important in this field.

Interview Questions

• Do you have retail experience?   1 Answer
    • Did I have sales experience?   1 Answer
    • Do you have product knowledge.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on salary, was offered minimum wage. However, salary was nearly doubled upon my promotion. Once I stepped down I lost $2 of pay, initially it was to be $4 but I was able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Temple, TX).

Interview

Sent in an application online. Got called within a week and went for an interview the next day. Had a great interview and was made to think I got the job. Got called for a second interview and was also made to think I got it. But then when I called back a couple days later, they'd found 2 different people. Was told they'd keep my application and call me later.

Was offered below minimum wage and was told I would get less than 20 hours a week.

Salon Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Three interviews, Salon Manager, General Manager, District Manager. This was a very. Long process, interruptions by staff made the interview very long and fragmented. The questions were redundant. The Managers didn't conference with each other and things were repetitive.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a conflict with a Custoner?   1 Answer

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Cool. Not too hard. Asked what I like to do and if I'm comfortable selling stuff. Spent most if the time explaining the job and training that I would recieve. Average stuff.

Cashier/Task Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Mansfield, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a great experience. Applied 1 and a half months before. I got a call two weeks after applying. I had an interview 2 days after. 3 weeks did not hear from them. I called and said how is my application status? And they said they would give me the position. I got the job today! The manager told me she will help me grow in the company. :) so excited!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They just gave me a number.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process took a long time. I applied online and heard from them about two months later. I was called in for a group interview, but rescheduled it and got to do a one-on-one interview instead. The interview was very easy and quick, it only lasted about 15 minutes. I was asked a few simple questions and then hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about working with customers and touching their face to do a color match?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at ULTA?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed and comfortable. Asked me about previous work experience, how would I react in certain situations, any experience with their products and services I had, things like that. The manager was very positive and answered questions thoroughly. I applied online and they called me the next day. Explained the job and what I would be expected to look for and do. Discussed the hours I would be working.

Interview Questions

• What is your work experience?
      Do you have experience with our store and/or products and service we offer?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Daphne, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Daphne, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

Very laid back, and quick. Basic interview questions, described myself, etc. Hoping I get a call back soon. You will have to describe a scenario when a customer is/was displeased. I arrived a little early so I got taken back early. Lasted about 20 minutes, and I think it went well. I'll hopefully know by Monday.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good asset to our team?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty in April 2015.

Interview

Placed application, received email 3 days later. Replied for phone interview for following day. Recruiter tried to talk me out of GM position. Never asked me any questions. Talked about different positions in company. Stated someone would get back with me a week later. Never received anything, call or phone.

Interview Questions

• If I was interested in another position, salon manager.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in April 2015.

Interview

It was pretty easy. I had applied online, got a call 2 days later, and an interview the next day. During the interview, I wore all black (because it is their uniform) and "normal" makeup. I spoke with the manager and she was very friendly. We spoke for about 10 minutes and asked mainly about my personal life (school, etc). After we finished, she called her GM and I spoke to her for a bit too. She was really nice and after we spoke, she told me that she will call me for an answer. The next day I received the call to come in for paperwork :)