Ulta Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.1

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Our store was brand new so they were looking for everything. I sat with a manager and we talked about cosmetics and my prior retail jobs. Asked about my knowledge of brands and if I knew anything about cosmetics.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer was upset that we were out of one of her favorite brands?   Answer Question

Prestige Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in December 2014.

I applied online. Took my resume in a few days later and was contacted by a hiring manager that evening. We set up an interview for later on in the week. It was pretty relaxed, we sat down and talked for about an hour about my qualifications and how my work experience can translate over to Ulta. She asked some generic interview questions- "Tell me about a time...", but overall it was more like a conversation about what I can bring to the company as well as the job expectations. I had a phone interview with the DM a few days later, and at the end of the week I got a job offer. I went in asking a little higher than I expected- so they came back with an offer which was reasonable.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to go out of your way to impress a customer with the service you provided.   Answer Question
    I asked for a little higher than I expected to be paid, they came back with a very reasonable offer, plus great benefits.

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Filled out the app online and got a call 4 days later, then had an interview the following week.
    The woman was really nice and super easy to talk to. She interviewed me and another girl at the same time. It only lasted about 15/20 minutes. She called me the very next day to offer me the position!

*Do your makeup nice and wear all back to the interview. It is their dress code and it shows you are dedicated to getting the position.

Interview Questions
    • -Why do you want to work for Ulta?
      -Explain a time you received good feedback from a manager/supervisor?
      -How do you handle stressful or busy situations?
      -What's the best advice a supervisor has given you?

Answer Question

Hair Stylist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Filled out an Application online and was called the next day to set up an interview. Was told to bring in a model to do a cut and partial highlight during my interview, I brought in my mom, Did my work as the lady kind of watched me. After she and the manager of the store asked me how comfortable i would be going out to the salon to push products on people who were simply shopping in the store and if I was okay going up to them and trying to talk them into coming back into the salon to get something done. They didn't care how well my services were they just wanted people in the door!

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I applied online and received an email invitation to interview in person with the GM. I requested an initial phone interview to learn more about the role and assess whether I would be a suitable fit however the GM declined and said she needs to see me in person. I arrived 15 minutes early to the interview, however the GM was 25 minutes late. The interview was conducted in a public space near the store because there was no allocated location. The meeting lasted approximately 40 minutes. The questions were easy but redundant because she read off a paper so it was not conversational or flowing. I am unsure whether she even understood the questions she asked because it was extremely repetitive. I also found that the job description discussed during the interview did not match the one on their careers website and the questions asked did not align with my background. It was highly unprofessional and I was disappointed with the overall experience- not worth my time.

Overqualified

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in November 2014.

The interview was very relaxed and laid back, the two managers are very nice and took place outside, so overall nice setting. I was called in for an interview literally the next day after filling out the online application. And offered the job 4 days later! :)

Interview Questions
    They accepted my request for $9/hr , no negotiation needed.

Task/Temporary Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I applied online for a new store opening close to home. I was called by the manager the next day and scheduled an interview. The interview was held at a different ulta store because the one I applied to hadn't opened yet

Seasonal Hire Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in November 2014.

It was a much easier process than I expected. I turned in my application online. After a week had passed, I got a call asking if I could come in for a group interview later on the same day. I was interviewed with two other girls, although the group before us looked like they had four or five applicants total. The interview was somewhat informal. We each took turns answering the questions. The interviewer only asked about four questions all together.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you showed excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an unhappy or unsatisfied customer?   Answer Question
    They offered $9/hr, no need to negotiate

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty in November 2014.

Applied online, got called in for interview a week later. Let me start off by saying all the reviews you read are true unfortantley. I hoped only cause I love the store that the people on here were being divas but not at all. The manager was 20 mins late to interview. And she rushed my interview to cover her tracks of actually being late. and she was rude. Waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • i was only asked why i wanted to work at ulta and how to work in a team before my interview was over.   Answer Question

Esthetician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in November 2014.

applied online, got a phone call for interview gave a second interview with demo of facial on model then got a call back the following week with a job offer

Interview Questions
    • How long have you been an esty, what do you like about skincare   Answer Question