Ulta Beauty

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.1

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty in November 2014.

Applied online, got called in for interview a week later. Let me start off by saying all the reviews you read are true unfortantley. I hoped only cause I love the store that the people on here were being divas but not at all. The manager was 20 mins late to interview. And she rushed my interview to cover her tracks of actually being late. and she was rude. Waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • i was only asked why i wanted to work at ulta and how to work in a team before my interview was over.   Answer Question

Esthetician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in November 2014.

applied online, got a phone call for interview gave a second interview with demo of facial on model then got a call back the following week with a job offer

Interview Questions
    • How long have you been an esty, what do you like about skincare   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Applied online, received a call for an interview within a week. It was fairly easy. Asked about 8-10 easy common sense questions & discussed availability. Also, wear all black, it's their uniform & will impress them. Be yourself & show great enthusiasm in working with them. They also really like when you have questions for them & most of the time they will ask if you have any questions. Come prepared with 1 or 2 questions for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2014.

I applied on a Wednesday and got called for an interview on Tuesday following week. I had a group interview with three other ladies and we were all asked the same questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for ulta? What can you bring?   Answer Question
    • Name a time a former manager or supervisor recognized you for good workmanship and you were surprised   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had s positive experience and what did they do to make it a good experience   Answer Question
    Key factors to getting hired:
    Makeup done
    Wear all black
    Seem interested in staying with company for a long period of time

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

The interview was very laid back and easy. The questions they asked were based mainly on customer service and how well you work with co-workers. This is a very easy interview to get through just be confident and you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    Just be yourself show that you are excited to be there and dress like you belong. I believe the dress code is all black. It helps to look trendy but classy it shows that you're current and you on top of the latest trends. Also, make sure you wear makeup if you are skilled at doing makeup show it but make sure its not over done. A nice smokey eye is fine.

Seasonal Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2014.

Very nice and laid back! Beth made me feel very comfortable and was super sweet! I didn't feel nervous at all and she offered me the position! Ulta is a great company!

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle stressful situations?
      Why Ulta? Why choose Ulta?

Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, I wanted $8 she gave me $9.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2014.

I had a phone screening type interview first, then the real one. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and the general manager from another store sat in on the interview. I was basically asked the typical scenario and how did I handle it type of questions. Overall the interview went good and she said she'd let me know after she interviews a few more people.

Interview Questions
    • How did I motivate my employees to sell?   View Answer

Benefit Arch Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooksville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Brooksville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2014.

I was sent an invite from the GM to apply for a new store opening. Thought I'd check it out since I'm a licensed Full Specialist. The GM was quick to see me for an interview (within a day of applying) and everything seemed to be great. It took no more than 15 minutes and she didn't have too many questions for me. She then told me that we would proceed with a technical interview and needed to schedule it with the GM at another location about an hour away. I had to provide my own model for the interview as well. It took 5 days for them to call me with the time of the interview, found out the day before. It was really unprofessional to leave not only myself but my model who is busy running her own business for 5 days without returning my calls with a time. I arrived early with my model for my technical interview. I was given no information so I didn't know what to expect when I arrived. They were not prepared at all. The wax was off, all of their supplies needed to be stocked and the tools needed to be cleaned and sanitized. The GM of the store I had applied for did not come to see my technical. The GM of the location I was sent to did my technical instead. She didn't show me where all the supplies were so I could stock their area to work, was very distracted the entire time and hardly said two words to me. She constantly walked off, would have other people come watch me or would be too busy having personal conversations with her staff. By the time I was done with my model she didn't even come close to inspect the job I had done, just said "ok thanks". My model was offended at how unprofessional the entire thing was. Finally took another week for the GM of the location I applied at to return my call to let me know that they filled the position.

Interview Questions
    • They main questions were about my license and experience. Nothing difficult at all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2014.

Applied online, then went in about a week later to check up on the application, was told it would be about a week before they got through the applications - called about a week later and was told that they still had not been looked through, but then was called probably 20 minutes after that phone call by the same manager asking me what time I would be able to interview. Went in for interview about a week after that. Interview was pretty basic, why would you like to work at ulta, what are your strengths and weaknesses, etc. Was called a few days later and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best advice you have been given by a past employer or teacher and how have you used it in your work?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, if you are getting a job here around the holidays, expect low pay for a good amount of work, but overall a good job with great management and a friendly work environment.

Prestige Beauty Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2014.

I enjoyed the interview process with the Store Mgr at this location. He put me at ease and made me feel that this was a Great company to work for.He was very professional but also down too to earth and seem truly enjoy his working for the company he was confident on hiring me for management. and also utilizing my skills and talents as an asset for the position as well as the company.