Ulta Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.1

Esthetician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I applied online and it took them many months to finally start the interview process. Mine was three steps: 1. Q&A interview with the Salon Manager - this was fairly simple and standard questions were asked. 2. Hands-on Skin Care - I had to give a facial and do waxing on the Salon Manager. This part was really nerve wracking since I was newly licensed but the great part is that the Salon Manager will give you a list of the process prior to the hands-on stuff (you'll have a chance to do it on a different day from the interview if you prefer). 3. Q&A interview with the store General Manager - nothing too earth shattering. Overall, it was a great process, but always, always double check with what the Salon Manager and GM tell you with sites like Glassdoor - unfortunately my Salon Manager was new and so she accidentally lied about the position being full-time.

Interview Questions

• One question asked was about promptness - something like "Are you always on-time? If not, give an example of when you were late and how you handled the situation".   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Columbia, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and didn't hear back right away, so I called the store to "follow up" with my application. I got an interview the next day. Easy and relaxed 1-on-1 interview! The hiring manager was very friendly. The interview only lasted 10 minutes, and she asked about 4 questions. Be friendly, open, and make sure to emphasize your previous customer service experience! Talk about how you personally enjoy the rewards-loyalty program. I did not get a job offer during the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous retail experience.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you provided excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Group Interview, asked about previous job experience if any and personal attributes. Are you a customer at Ulta, why do you like ulta, what can you contribute to the company and how much do you know about the company

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Ulta   1 Answer

Skin Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Falls Church, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I was asked the basic interview questions for my first interview and then called back for my technical interview which included a facial and a brow wax.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about our brand?Why do you want to work for us? When have you gone above and beyond in school or in a work environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Montgomery, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy Process, Got a call one week by the next I was coming in for a second interview. Never met the store manager until paperwork process. They ask you a few normal questions, show you around the store to meet other team members

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You're able to negotiate work times and what time of makeup and hairstyles you wear,etc. The pay is a scam. You may get 9.50 but you get to the schedule and you on have make 4-10 hours for the week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Super easy - I was asked to tell the interviewer about myself, a personality match-up really. We sat in a small office and had a conversation, they really just want to know that you can handle yourself and speak to people easily and professionally. Show up wearing all black and great make-up & hair. This isn't required but why not look like you already work there?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where things were very hectic in the workplace and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Lafayette, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one went really well. He didn't ask me much abouty job experience or basic interview questions because he loved my looked. My second interview however was strictly business. She asked me to describe myself, describe how my previous work history would be of service to them, and she gave me a scenario to figure out.

Interview Questions

I was offered another job in my college town ( I applied at my hometown).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

It was really pretty easy. I had one interview and then. Got a second one that seemed to be more of a formality than anything else. It was really relaxed. I felt comfortable being myself and the managers were nice. Got an offer on the spot durning second interview. I am excited to start working.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Greenville, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

Very casual quick interview. I was asked how I would respond to an unhappy customer, how I would make someone's experience good, things like that, and then just had the position explained to me.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you've made a customer's experience great at a past job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, they called me a week and a half later and set up an interview for 3 days after the phone call. I came in, met with the hiring manager. The general manager just came out to introduce herself. The hiring manager interviewed me one on one. It was extremely brief interview was about 5 questions less than 10 minutes for the entire process. She said to wait for her call back that day. She called me 2 mimutes after I left the store lol, she said she really liked me and asked me to come in the day after tomorrow. I said I couldn't and she was really nice and said the following week would be fine too.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with theft?   1 Answer
    • What is your schedule like?   1 Answer