Ulta Beauty Interview Questions & Reviews

2.1

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I applied online and got a call a few days later. I interviewed with the manager and it was short all she asked was I tell her about myself and then told me about the job.

Prestige Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  York, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2010.

The hiring process was easy. I was not anticipating on being contacted so quickly. The interview process was like any other retail interview process. Mine was more so, laid back.

Cashier/Task Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in April 2013.

One interview was with a manger to discuss past experience and what you would do in hypothetical scenarios. The second interview is done when they decide that your hired; starting wage and availability is discussed.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation in which you offered great customer service.   Answer Question

Seasonal Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in November 2012.

After applying online I received a call to come to a group interview. I went to the interview knowing it was for a seasonal job, with the possibility of receiving a part-time position. The group interview was a comfortable but slightly intimidating situation just because you are are around your "competition" the whole interview, there was no one-on-one time with the manager until I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • "What can you bring to the company?" Everything was fairly standard.   Answer Question

Lead Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I applied online for a beauty advisor or any open position with no real experience in retail or beauty. I got a call back about 3 weeks laters asking for an interview for a seasonal cashier (it was right after black friday). I went to the interview and met with the associate manager (normally would have met with the GM but she was leaving the company that week). I had basic questions about my sales background, and also about customer service. It was a laid back interview, basically they needed competent people to cashier during busy holiday hours. I got a call back the next day or two and was asked to come in and do training. I filled out hire on paper work and watched a 30 min video about the company and they threw me on register.

Interview Questions
    • Name a positive experience with an associate you had as a customer at our store prior to today   Answer Question
    None it was seasonal but turned into full time

General Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Initially contacted via Linked In by an Ulta Recruiter. Once passed those set of questions, sent to District Manager for interview. Then once I accepted the offer, was sent for testing.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of behavioral and IQ type questions need to be passed after the interview on line. How do you lead questions are the brunt of the questions.   Answer Question

I actually declined the first contact then was contacted several months later again for " pick my brain " questions from the District Manager. I ended up giving them a second consideration and accepted the offer because of the benefits and pay rate.

Beauty Advisor/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint George, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint George, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in May 2014.

The interview was pretty laid back. It seemed a little unprofessional simply because of the setting. It's very informal and I was unclear about where to go for the interview and the employees weren't incredibly helpful in telling me where to go. Although it seemed unprofessional, it was a little bit nice that it wasn't super formal. Made for a less stressful interview. I would advise anyone applying here to wear solid black on bottom, solid black shoes, and a black or white top (preferably black). It's always best to dress for a companies particular dress code.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were incredibly difficult. My interviewer asked me about my favorite make up brand. I was asked to share a time when I was driven to help a customer in a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Esthetician Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I went through two interviews! The first one was the informational one and the second my technical. I met with the Salon Manager for the first one and she also did my technical and after my technical I met with the GM! They were both very nice positive and willing to work with me! My pay is decent( above min wage).

Interview Questions
    • Your book is low what would you do to fill up that book?   View Answer

Salon Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pocatello, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2013.

The interview process was simple. Apply, Interview with GM, technical interview with GM, Phone interview with DM

Interview Questions
    • They really didn't ask a lot of questions, it was more a getting to know you interview, my resume speaks for itself.   Answer Question
    They did not negotiate.

General Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I was first interviewed over the phone by a recruiter in the corporate office. She asked me about what I would do in certain situations like If you weren't making your goal mid day what would you do? Tell me about an obstacle you overcame and how you did it. How would you handle an angry customer...... Then I got a second interview with the District manager. They asked more specific questions about sales, managing, coaching.... Where do you see yourself in 5, 10 years. How do you acheive your goals.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. You just need to be prepared to speak to managing and retail. If you know the basics its easy.   Answer Question
    I was given a salary offer by the DM and then sent one by email to comfirm.