Ulta Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.1

Prestige Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I had 2 phone interviews and one face to face interview.

General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Recruited, called by recruiter, interviewed with Dm, she was fired, so interviewed with VP, then had to interview with SenMgr, then Vp of operations.

Interview Questions
    • This area is difficult to manage why would I want to manage here?   View Answer
    if you travel far enough ask for more compensation for travel, recruiters have enough ability to go up or down so ask for as much as you can...

Ulta Prestige Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Great interview process. Took me into the back room and asked pretty general questions. Placed key importance on people questions and how I deal with uncomfortable situations. Very friendly and easygoing.

Interview Questions
    • They asked quite a bit on difficult situations with people and how I dealt with them. They want to make sure the customer gets the best experience possible.   Answer Question

Merchandise & Service Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in February 2014.

I applied online and a few days later the general (store) manager called me to set up an interview with him for later that week. The interview was very conversational-like, which I appreciated. I talked a lot about what experience I had (much less than the job listing required) and I basically sold myself to him to prove I was deserving of the position. We also compared my current company with Ulta's with different job duties/practices they use. It was essentially half getting to know me as a person and half a back and forth Q&A. Definitely come prepared with lots of questions.

That same day we set up a second interview with the district manager for a week later. Her interview was a bit tougher and less relaxed. She asked a lot of situational questions and I had to sell myself to her more so. She even told me at one point, "I don't know what the GM saw in you." She even asked me what I would do if the ceiling caved in. It's all about selling yourself to the company and proving that you would be an asset/worth the risk to bring an outsider in.

I received a phone call the next day with a job offer from the GM.

Interview Questions
    Didn't need to negotiate, I was offered a significant pay increase compared to my current company.

Prestige Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Applied online and called in for an interview. Interview was 15 min long, basic questions on my experience. Made me an offer 2 days later. I counter offered and I suggest to anyone to do so when working for this company as you will wear many hats on a day to day basis.

Yes, I counter offered and they agreed.

Store Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview process is pretty simple I got a call for on side interview with the store manager, all questions were about my work experience, why I was interested to work for Ulta and questions about my personality.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiation for an entry position.

Prestige Consultant Interview

Tell me about a situation that you went above and beyond for a customer.

Salon Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

A few different interviews with different people. Technical interview. Need management experience and education is a plus. Need to be a team player with the whole store as well as the salon. Customer service is huge

Designer II Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I applied online and the following day I got a call to come in formally the next day. I performed a technical assessment that same day, and was hired the same day.

Interview Questions
    • It was a pretty straight forward interview, what can you contribute to our salon etc...   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation, but you shouldnt have to worry about base pay because designers normally get paid commission.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in January 2014.

Called for an interview on Saturday and I interviewed the following Tuesday. Asked favorite brands, why I'd want to work at Ulta, etc.