Ulta Beauty

2.0

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Two step interview process, although when interviewed the GM said usually it is a three step process and you meet with the DM. Asked retail oriented questions.

There was no negotiation phase.

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

It was easy. Nothing out of the ordinary.

no negotiation

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in March 2012.

After filling out an application and submitting a resume online, a recruiter called for a position open in my area, did phone interview, said my resume would be moved forward, then called to say all positions at that locations had been filled, but 2 other locations were going to opening in the near future so I was invited to a one on one interview with a district manager at a store location which went very well. She was very personable, the interview was about an hour long and we seemed to hit it off with each other. I was called one week later and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions. I did my research ahead of time about the company and was prepared.   Answer Question
    The interviewer asked what salary I was looking for and I knew that the recruiter had told me that the position I was looking at was in the range of $12 to $15 an hour. So when asked, I said the distance from my home was further than I thought it would be so I asked for $14 and when the acceptance letter came they offered me $14.50

Operations Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in February 2012.

Interviewed with Store Manager, she asked your basic questions; WHY ULTA? WHAT MOTIVATES YOU.
      She set me up to interview with DM the following week, I arrived 10 mintutes early and had to wait 20 mintues to interview.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in November 2011.

I interviewed, was told I had to interview with the DM.
    I had worked with her before so that was not a big deal.
    I had wanted to be promoted and was not offered the opportunity.
    They keep choosing outsiders who do not know Ulta.
    No wonder they keep getting rid of them.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in January 2011.

I wasn't impressed by the interview at all. However, in a tough economy I took because I have a family to support. My GM was over forty-five minutes late for my interview. She barely paid attention to anything I said. She kept looking around and then every once in awhile she would just nod her head and make a general statement about my responses. The DM was also there and she never introduced herself me to. I was appalled at the lack of professionalism. There was another GM at the store that day that engaged with me more than my present GM did. If anyone is looking to interview with this company I would be asking the interviewer a lot of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately, there were no difficult questions asked.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. At the time, I thought they gave me a decent offer. Now looking back their offer wasn't worth taking this job.