Ulta Beauty

2.0

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty in July 2014.

After I applied online they called me within 2 weeks to come in for a interview, It was really easy , the manager who interviewed me was really friendly and made me feel comfortable . She told me she would call me 3 days later and she did offering me if I wanted to extend the job offer as prestige consultant.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time where you went out of your way for a client   View Answer
  • Tell me how you would sell a product to a costumer   Answer Question
  • Basic interview questions like tell me about yourself and why do you want to work for them   Answer Question
Yes I was able to negotiate , the manager asked me how much would I like to get paid and we stuck with that , I would tell other people to apply there , it's a great fresh start if you are wanting to work in the beauty industry

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Prestige Consultant Interview

It actually went well . i was very happy and confident in myself and she wanted me for a second interview for tommorow.

Interview Questions
    I was accepted for another interview.

Prestige Consultant Interview

Tell me about a situation that you went above and beyond for a customer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oro Valley, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oro Valley, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2013.

Got back to me within' a few days. My interview went very smooth, she was very enthusiastic and nice. Which is so comforting walking in to this kind of trade. She was very helpful and showed me a lot of the store and where everything was located. Met with General manager and supervisor. Informal interview, but make sure to dress very professional. Also wear make up and style your hair as well.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see your self in five years?   Answer Question
    • Do you think your qualified for the job? If so why? And what experience do you have?   Answer Question
    There was none. She offered me full time instead of part time and higher pay, because of my experience. Also called me back 1 1/2 after interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in July 2013.

Had my interview, the GM was very nice, asked basic interview questions. She said she wil call me by dis week, or next week, still waiting....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in May 2013.

I applied online after seeing the position posted on beyond.com and was contacted almost a month later by a manager. I had my interview 2 days after the phone call. It was very easy going, all the staff I met including the manager were very bubbly, happy and friendly, which I had not experienced at other interviews for similar work, and everyone seems to really like working for the company. I got a call 3 business days later saying I was hired and my salary and starting date.

Interview Questions
    • None at all. Was very easy going and I would say even fun for an interview.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, they offered me the salary I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I applied online and was called in for an interview. The interview was short and very casual. I applied for cashier but she actually asked if I wanted to be Prestige--naturally, I said yes!

No negotiation

Prestige Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I applied for my current position a month before I was contacted. I was called in for a group interview as this was originally for a seasonal slot. There was actually a large group of people. ( 8 total ) and there was 3 positions available. The assistant manager/ Hiring manager went through basic questions and then we individually answered. We were all there for about an hour and we were told they were so behind with the interviews that the three people would be contacted that very night with a job offer. Sure enough, I received a call that night with the offer. I accepted. I was hired on 3 months later as a regular employee.

Interview Questions
    There's little to NO room for any negotiations. I've learned the company wants to pay as little as possible for it's work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty in February 2013.

Group interview in a esthetician waxing room. There was 2 other girls and I in the interview process. The prestige manager was friendly and great.

Interview Questions
    • Why Ulta?
      How would you help a customer find the right foundation shade that have no tester?
      How do you sell a mascara to a person on a budget?
      How will you be able to handle an elder customer comment about you? For example, you're too young to know anything about skin care?
      Events are very important to Ulta. How would you get customers to come get appointment and paid extra cash to this event?

Answer Question

Prestige Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in November 2012.

Online Application. Interview was in person with 3 of the managers. The manager was great, asked about Retail Sales experience, asked if I was comfortable dealing with a lot of people, asked about product knowledge.

There wasnt really a negotiation phase they waited a few days called and asked if I would accept the position with the salary.