Ulta Beauty

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fresno, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in January 2011.

Interview Details – Tell us about the most difficult part of your last job. What was the most challenging thing youve come across with a customer and how did you deal with them?

Interview Question – There was no unexpected or difficult question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, I had to ask for more, they were trying to give me minimum wage.

York, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was easy. I was not anticipating on being contacted so quickly. The interview process was like any other retail interview process. Mine was more so, laid back.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   View Answer

Interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview Details – It actually went well . i was very happy and confident in myself and she wanted me for a second interview for tommorow.

Interview Question – why ulta?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was accepted for another interview.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in January 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews. Very easy because I've had experience and they needed someone fast.

Interview Question – How do you plan to support salon operations?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate

Interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview Details – Tell me about a situation that you went above and beyond for a customer.

Interview Question – What can you see yourself in with this company   Answer Question

Manchester, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2012.

Interview Details – This is a normal retail interview with some extra points for cosmetics knowledge. ULTA is not a commission based sales system so team selling and plus one selling are key topics to mention.

Interview Question – know your makeup brands know a few products that they sell.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation $ was fair

Oro Valley, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2013.

Interview Details – Got back to me within' a few days. My interview went very smooth, she was very enthusiastic and nice. Which is so comforting walking in to this kind of trade. She was very helpful and showed me a lot of the store and where everything was located. Met with General manager and supervisor. Informal interview, but make sure to dress very professional. Also wear make up and style your hair as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was none. She offered me full time instead of part time and higher pay, because of my experience. Also called me back 1 1/2 after interview.

Very Easy Interview

Lincoln, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a phone call a month later, only because their open date got delayed, to come for an interview. Store wasnt finished being built yet so we met at starbucks, she asked me some questions. Basic questions nothing hwrd, mostly personality questions, brands you like etc. Then she said shed call if they wanted to hire. Three days later I got called and offered the position.

Interview Question – Weakness, strengths, where do you see yourself in five years...? What makeup brands do you like and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – She offered my a pay that I was happy with.

Stockton, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in July 2013.

Interview Details – Had my interview, the GM was very nice, asked basic interview questions. She said she wil call me by dis week, or next week, still waiting....

Very Easy Interview

Arlington, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in February 2012.

Interview Details – It was great. Loved my manager that hired me, but she was run off shortly after as most quality employees are. It was professionally conducted, but she was friendly and mostly seemed to want to gage my personality to see if I would be right for the job at hand. There was another gal there too (group interview.) There are often group interviews because they turnover is very high.

Interview Question – none, it was a breeze   Answer Question

Worked for Ulta Beauty? Contribute to the Community!