Ulta Beauty Prestige Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

1.9

Prestige Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I applied originally for the B.A position, this was 2 months ago, I forgot I applied (lol) and the GM called me yesterday asking to interview today at noon or one. I wore all black (except my leggings had white bow & arrows on them) and some trendy jewelry and did my makeup like I do everyday which is always done up and my hair. The GM offered me a position as Clinique Brand Rep, which I didn't want to do, so I steered more toward the B.A position she also offered. She told me my makeup was amazing, and liked that I had a lot of previous retail experience (if you have any, MENTION IT) I had been a previous Walgreens b.a which surprisingly has a LOT of similarities. Make sure you do your hair and makeup 100 percent, obviously, and be happy & cheerful. Act how you do at work though, don't oversell yourself and say things you won't/can't do. After the interview, she told me she was super interested and would call me by the end of next week to tell me what she needed from me (?) and if she didn't call to call for sure. I'm assuming this means I got the job..but who knows! Also she didn't ask ANY of the questions I read on here? Most were just about my availability ect.

Interview Questions

• What was the position as B.A at Walgreens?   1 Answer
  • How have you dealt with a bad employee as Head B.A at Walgs.?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Was simply asked base questions. Interview was don't in a tiny office but the manager at that time created a casual and comfortable environment. The interview was brief, but fairly thorough. The general manager seemed to focus on personality which I think is important in this field.

Interview Questions

• Do you have retail experience?   1 Answer
    • Did I have sales experience?   1 Answer
    • Do you have product knowledge.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on salary, was offered minimum wage. However, salary was nearly doubled upon my promotion. Once I stepped down I lost $2 of pay, initially it was to be $4 but I was able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I just went in and talked to the manager about if she was hiring. She told me to come back for an interview. And in the interview she just had a normal conversation with me and then the prestige manager had a normal conversation and then thwy said they likes me and I'd get the job. Very laid back.

Prestige Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Applied online. Called the following day to set up interview. Offered competitive pay, however i counter offered because it was explained that hours were not guaranteed. They were eager to make an offer to me and wanted an answer very promptly.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked in a sales or retail position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very extensive. There were 5 (FIVE) interviews for a retail beauty advisor position. I met with the hiring manager which should have been my first red flag. Secondly I met with Julia the general manger. From there I met with Suzi the Prestige manager. Then Rebecca the Clinique District Manager and lastly a group called Talent Plus who's interview scores made the final decision.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know since I had previous management background, how I would feel about taking direction.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Falls, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Cedar Falls, IA) in September 2014.

Interview

We had a new store opening in our area so I stalked the listings online. When they were posted, I had to submit my standard application and work experience, plus I had to fill out a long survey online that screened for integrity, honest, work ethic, social skills, etc. Pretty standard in retail. I got a call a couple weeks after applying and was asked to come in and do an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were given excellent customer service. Describe a time when you gave excellent customer service. Why do you want to work at Ulta?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

After I applied online they called me within 2 weeks to come in for a interview, It was really easy , the manager who interviewed me was really friendly and made me feel comfortable . She told me she would call me 3 days later and she did offering me if I wanted to extend the job offer as prestige consultant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you went out of your way for a client   1 Answer
    • Tell me how you would sell a product to a costumer   Answer Question
    • Basic interview questions like tell me about yourself and why do you want to work for them   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate , the manager asked me how much would I like to get paid and we stuck with that , I would tell other people to apply there , it's a great fresh start if you are wanting to work in the beauty industry

Anonymous Employee in Casper, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Casper, WY) in June 2014.

Interview

The mngr was friendly and i felt comfortable being myself...easy and reasonable questions. I got a prompt response with the job offer. It was only within a short time frame when i started.

Interview Questions

• What did u dislike about previous job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was ok pay...only pt though.i did accept and loved my job...just not enough hrs and the pay was like 9.50 an hr. Great atmosphere...not enough positive leadership from store mngr.

Prestige Consultant Interview

Interview

It actually went well . i was very happy and confident in myself and she wanted me for a second interview for tommorow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was accepted for another interview.

Prestige Consultant Interview

Interview

Tell me about a situation that you went above and beyond for a customer.