Ulta Beauty Prestige Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Was simply asked base questions. Interview was don't in a tiny office but the manager at that time created a casual and comfortable environment. The interview was brief, but fairly thorough. The general manager seemed to focus on personality which I think is important in this field.

Interview Questions

• Do you have retail experience?   1 Answer
  • Did I have sales experience?   1 Answer
  • Do you have product knowledge.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on salary, was offered minimum wage. However, salary was nearly doubled upon my promotion. Once I stepped down I lost $2 of pay, initially it was to be $4 but I was able to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I just went in and talked to the manager about if she was hiring. She told me to come back for an interview. And in the interview she just had a normal conversation with me and then the prestige manager had a normal conversation and then thwy said they likes me and I'd get the job. Very laid back.

Prestige Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Applied online. Called the following day to set up interview. Offered competitive pay, however i counter offered because it was explained that hours were not guaranteed. They were eager to make an offer to me and wanted an answer very promptly.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked in a sales or retail position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very extensive. There were 5 (FIVE) interviews for a retail beauty advisor position. I met with the hiring manager which should have been my first red flag. Secondly I met with Julia the general manger. From there I met with Suzi the Prestige manager. Then Rebecca the Clinique District Manager and lastly a group called Talent Plus who's interview scores made the final decision.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know since I had previous management background, how I would feel about taking direction.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

After I applied online they called me within 2 weeks to come in for a interview, It was really easy , the manager who interviewed me was really friendly and made me feel comfortable . She told me she would call me 3 days later and she did offering me if I wanted to extend the job offer as prestige consultant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you went out of your way for a client   1 Answer
    • Tell me how you would sell a product to a costumer   Answer Question
    • Basic interview questions like tell me about yourself and why do you want to work for them   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate , the manager asked me how much would I like to get paid and we stuck with that , I would tell other people to apply there , it's a great fresh start if you are wanting to work in the beauty industry

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casper, WY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Casper, WY) in June 2014.

Interview

The mngr was friendly and i felt comfortable being myself...easy and reasonable questions. I got a prompt response with the job offer. It was only within a short time frame when i started.

Interview Questions

• What did u dislike about previous job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was ok pay...only pt though.i did accept and loved my job...just not enough hrs and the pay was like 9.50 an hr. Great atmosphere...not enough positive leadership from store mngr.

Prestige Consultant Interview

Interview

It actually went well . i was very happy and confident in myself and she wanted me for a second interview for tommorow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was accepted for another interview.

Prestige Consultant Interview

Interview

Tell me about a situation that you went above and beyond for a customer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oro Valley, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Oro Valley, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

Got back to me within' a few days. My interview went very smooth, she was very enthusiastic and nice. Which is so comforting walking in to this kind of trade. She was very helpful and showed me a lot of the store and where everything was located. Met with General manager and supervisor. Informal interview, but make sure to dress very professional. Also wear make up and style your hair as well.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in five years?   Answer Question
    • Do you think your qualified for the job? If so why? And what experience do you have?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. She offered me full time instead of part time and higher pay, because of my experience. Also called me back 1 1/2 after interview.

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Stockton, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Had my interview, the GM was very nice, asked basic interview questions. She said she wil call me by dis week, or next week, still waiting....