Ulta Beauty Prestige Consultant Interview Questions

2.0

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in July 2014.

After I applied online they called me within 2 weeks to come in for a interview, It was really easy , the manager who interviewed me was really friendly and made me feel comfortable . She told me she would call me 3 days later and she did offering me if I wanted to extend the job offer as prestige consultant.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time where you went out of your way for a client   View Answer
  • Tell me how you would sell a product to a costumer   Answer Question
  • Basic interview questions like tell me about yourself and why do you want to work for them   Answer Question
Yes I was able to negotiate , the manager asked me how much would I like to get paid and we stuck with that , I would tell other people to apply there , it's a great fresh start if you are wanting to work in the beauty industry

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in January 2011.

Tell us about the most difficult part of your last job. What was the most challenging thing youve come across with a customer and how did you deal with them?

Interview Questions
    • There was no unexpected or difficult question.   View Answer
    Yes, I had to ask for more, they were trying to give me minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  York, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2010.

The hiring process was easy. I was not anticipating on being contacted so quickly. The interview process was like any other retail interview process. Mine was more so, laid back.

Prestige Consultant Interview

It actually went well . i was very happy and confident in myself and she wanted me for a second interview for tommorow.

Interview Questions
    I was accepted for another interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in January 2010.

2 interviews. Very easy because I've had experience and they needed someone fast.

Interview Questions
    • How do you plan to support salon operations?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate

Prestige Consultant Interview

Tell me about a situation that you went above and beyond for a customer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2012.

This is a normal retail interview with some extra points for cosmetics knowledge. ULTA is not a commission based sales system so team selling and plus one selling are key topics to mention.

Interview Questions
    • know your makeup brands know a few products that they sell.   Answer Question
    no negotiation $ was fair

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oro Valley, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oro Valley, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2013.

Got back to me within' a few days. My interview went very smooth, she was very enthusiastic and nice. Which is so comforting walking in to this kind of trade. She was very helpful and showed me a lot of the store and where everything was located. Met with General manager and supervisor. Informal interview, but make sure to dress very professional. Also wear make up and style your hair as well.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see your self in five years?   Answer Question
    • Do you think your qualified for the job? If so why? And what experience do you have?   Answer Question
    There was none. She offered me full time instead of part time and higher pay, because of my experience. Also called me back 1 1/2 after interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in July 2012.

Applied online, got a phone call a month later, only because their open date got delayed, to come for an interview. Store wasnt finished being built yet so we met at starbucks, she asked me some questions. Basic questions nothing hwrd, mostly personality questions, brands you like etc. Then she said shed call if they wanted to hire. Three days later I got called and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Weakness, strengths, where do you see yourself in five years...? What makeup brands do you like and why?   View Answer
    She offered my a pay that I was happy with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in July 2013.

Had my interview, the GM was very nice, asked basic interview questions. She said she wil call me by dis week, or next week, still waiting....

Worked for Ulta Beauty? Contribute to the Community!