Ulta Beauty

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Orange, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call within a few days. Met GM at Starbucks for interview. Got a call I was hired within a couple days.

Interview Question – Mostly I was told about the position. Not many questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ulta was very fair and went with my requests

Prestige Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews and one face to face interview.

Interview Question – Why do you think Ulta should hire you?   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – Applied online and called in for an interview. Interview was 15 min long, basic questions on my experience. Made me an offer 2 days later. I counter offered and I suggest to anyone to do so when working for this company as you will wear many hats on a day to day basis.

Negotiation Details – Yes, I counter offered and they agreed.

Prestige Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the store manager and hit it off with her quickly. She made it clear she would be moving me onto the district manager right away. I bypassed an interview with another store manager and moved onto the district manager. We met early and she initially went to the wrong location and was quite late. I thought I was being stood up. I know a lot of people test you to see how you react to the situation but this wasn't like that. The interview was awkward which I blame more on her lack of personality but I felt like I answered all questions well and felt confidant in my interview. It took a month before the general manager was able to reach her for a decision and I was hired.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Basic interview questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made an offer and I accepted. I should have negotiated for higher.

Prestige Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called 2 dats later by the general manager. Had a face to face interview with her and then one with the DM.

Interview Question – None....pretty much talked about my experience and the business.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was asking for more money but needed the work so I made the highest pay possible work.

Vestal, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – Received a phone call, met in a restaurant, GM conducted interview, she was inexperienced, standard questions. Told I would get a phone interview with RM and he didn't call. Told next day that I was hired. They wanted me to quit without 2wks notice. I said no. Should have realized that this company was a lousy one.

Interview Question – No technical questions, no tests, nothing.
They do not appreciate their applicants time, efforts. Very unprofessional
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation they offered 14.75 when I had asked $16.00 they are cheap and you will get a raise once a year and it will be less than .25 cents.

Flower Mound, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2011.

Interview Details – Very easy going interview ,interviewed with store manager and then moved onto District Manager and got the job.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions asking to answer how you handled customer situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Company had an idea of what I was looking for so the offer was above what I was currently making.

Savannah, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied in store and was directed to apply online.
Heads up, the assessment questions you answer while applying online have everything to do with whether or not you are called back. Those results either green light, yellow light, or red light your application.
The interview was basic and the questions asked were generic. They focus mostly on your history, ability to adapt, and sales comfortability.
It was held in their very small, very unorganized office. My initial interview was held with both the general and district manager so there was no need for a second.

Interview Question – None.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The company is fairly flexible in negotiations. The cap they will pay most managers is 22/hr. So don't feel afraid to ask what you're worth.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted via phone for an in-person interview a week after I submitted my application on ULTA.com I met with 2 General Managers who were truly passionate about the company and were a pleasure speaking with. They both gave me a thorough description of the position (duties, typical work day, etc.) and asked questions primarily on customer service, product/company knowledge and sales. I also asked 10 questions of my own about the position, company culture and when to expect a decision (end of the week).

Within 24 hours of the interview, I emailed a thank you letter and followed up on a Friday and was offered the position.

Interview Question – If given a budget, how would you divide it to increase sales?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Obtained salary desired.

Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2010.

Interview Details – Took to long to contact after application submitted. Didn't like the vibe of the store

Interview Question – uncomfortable as i had way more experience than the manager interviewing   View Answer

Reason for Declining – offered position that i didn't apply for -which was lower paying

Worked for Ulta Beauty? Contribute to the Community!