Ulta Beauty

2.1

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Applied online, got a call within a few days. Met GM at Starbucks for interview. Got a call I was hired within a couple days.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly I was told about the position. Not many questions.   Answer Question
Ulta was very fair and went with my requests

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Prestige Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I had 2 phone interviews and one face to face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Applied online and called in for an interview. Interview was 15 min long, basic questions on my experience. Made me an offer 2 days later. I counter offered and I suggest to anyone to do so when working for this company as you will wear many hats on a day to day basis.

Yes, I counter offered and they agreed.

Prestige Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I interviewed with the store manager and hit it off with her quickly. She made it clear she would be moving me onto the district manager right away. I bypassed an interview with another store manager and moved onto the district manager. We met early and she initially went to the wrong location and was quite late. I thought I was being stood up. I know a lot of people test you to see how you react to the situation but this wasn't like that. The interview was awkward which I blame more on her lack of personality but I felt like I answered all questions well and felt confidant in my interview. It took a month before the general manager was able to reach her for a decision and I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Basic interview questions.   View Answer
    They made an offer and I accepted. I should have negotiated for higher.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vestal, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vestal, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Received a phone call, met in a restaurant, GM conducted interview, she was inexperienced, standard questions. Told I would get a phone interview with RM and he didn't call. Told next day that I was hired. They wanted me to quit without 2wks notice. I said no. Should have realized that this company was a lousy one.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions, no tests, nothing.
      They do not appreciate their applicants time, efforts. Very unprofessional

Answer Question
    There was no negotiation they offered 14.75 when I had asked $16.00 they are cheap and you will get a raise once a year and it will be less than .25 cents.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2012.

I applied in store and was directed to apply online.
    Heads up, the assessment questions you answer while applying online have everything to do with whether or not you are called back. Those results either green light, yellow light, or red light your application.
    The interview was basic and the questions asked were generic. They focus mostly on your history, ability to adapt, and sales comfortability.
    It was held in their very small, very unorganized office. My initial interview was held with both the general and district manager so there was no need for a second.

Interview Questions
    The company is fairly flexible in negotiations. The cap they will pay most managers is 22/hr. So don't feel afraid to ask what you're worth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2012.

I was contacted via phone for an in-person interview a week after I submitted my application on ULTA.com I met with 2 General Managers who were truly passionate about the company and were a pleasure speaking with. They both gave me a thorough description of the position (duties, typical work day, etc.) and asked questions primarily on customer service, product/company knowledge and sales. I also asked 10 questions of my own about the position, company culture and when to expect a decision (end of the week).

Within 24 hours of the interview, I emailed a thank you letter and followed up on a Friday and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Obtained salary desired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2011.

Very easy going interview ,interviewed with store manager and then moved onto District Manager and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions asking to answer how you handled customer situations.   Answer Question
    Company had an idea of what I was looking for so the offer was above what I was currently making.

Prestige Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2011.

I applied online and was called 2 dats later by the general manager. Had a face to face interview with her and then one with the DM.

Interview Questions
    • None....pretty much talked about my experience and the business.   Answer Question
    Was asking for more money but needed the work so I made the highest pay possible work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2010.

Took to long to contact after application submitted. Didn't like the vibe of the store

Interview Questions
    • uncomfortable as i had way more experience than the manager interviewing   View Answer

offered position that i didn't apply for -which was lower paying