Ulta Beauty Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.1

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodbridge, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

interviewed at Ulta Beauty in June 2013.

they call you and you get an open interview

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2012.

Why should I choose you for the job and not someone else?

Interview Questions
    • If you would be any kind of animal, what kind of animal would you be?   Answer Question
    9 an hour

Anonymous Employee  in  Skokie, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in June 2013.

I was contacted by phone for an interview and went in a few days later. Had to wait a bit and the manager then took me in the back. The interview was fairly straightforward, a lot of questions focused on customer service. Retail experience is important but not a game changer. Must be comfortable with using and talking about makeup, obviously.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an upset customer trying to make a return without a receipt?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Olathe, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2010.

I applied for the job one morning at about 10:00am and got a phone call about four hours later to schedule a day and time for an interview the next day. The interview was easy, but you still need to dress up. By all means, a suit a tie for this job is not required. I am a guy, I wore black puma shoes, pin-striped black shorts, and a white polo tucked in and was fine. I got asked maybe 5-10 questions and was filling out paperwork right after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer working early mornings or staying to close at night?   View Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I wanted more hourly pay, but the General Manager (GM) could not budge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in November 2008.

It helps to know someone who works there. A good referral goes a long way, especially when the schedule gets messed up when someone quits unexpectedly. Sadly, looks play a large role in whether or not you get the job. Retail workplaces in general can be this way, but from my experience, Ulta managers have the most ridiculous expectations from their employees.

Anonymous Employee  in  Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2011.

Called me and interviewed me over the phone and then offered an in person interview the following week. Came in for the one on one interview and waited for about 15 minutes after the scheduled time to actually meet with the floor manager for the interview. Asked questions about scenarios like "If a customer demanded a refund on a product that was against policy to return, what would you do?". Asked general questions as well like, "Why do you want to work with Ulta?". They ask you if you are aware of the latest trends and styles and encourage makeup and hair be done every day you work and nails look good. The dress code is casual but must wear black and white only. Tattoos and tasteful piercings are ok. I thought the interview went well but I was not offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Are you aware of all the latest trends and styles today and can you follow them to keep up the overall appearance of the store?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you were in a leadership role.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Destin, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Destin, FL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in April 2011.

The interview was easy, I posted my application and the next day, I was called and a appointment had been set up. They just asked me to tell them about myself and proceeded with explaining the policies.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2012.

I sent my resume in and they called me for an interview immediately. I'm a college student looking for a part-time job till I graduate. I had no sales experience before so they were hesitant to meet with me, however I have a lot of customer service so it wasn't a problem. Also, my availability was a selling point.

The interview was the hiring manager telling me about the company and asking me about my relevant experience. They told me about the position and asked how soon I could start. However, in the interview I mentioned I would be graduating from college in December (big mistake) and that I was unsure about what I'd be doing after. When the interview concluded, the hiring manager said I would be passed on to the next round for an interview (there is no next round for the interview). She said the regional manager would contact me next week to set up an interview. Never heard from them again. So that's their nice way of saying we won't be hiring you.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions in the interview.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

This was my first interview and I was very nervous but had practiced at home before the interview. The manager was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. The questions were all pretty basic and I answered them all perfectly except an unexpected question about talking to strangers. The overall experience was a good one, except for the fact that it was a group interview. The other middle aged woman who was going to be interviewed with me was a good 15 minutes late and she continuously talked over me when I was directly asked a question. The manager even had to tell her "Actually, I was asking her the question". It was annoying but I maintained my composure.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you had a conversation with a stranger?   Answer Question
    • When is a time you've experienced bad customer service?   Answer Question
    • Would you feel comfortable approaching large groups of women?   Answer Question

Schedule conflict

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2010.

I filled out the application online and about a month later I recived a phone call for an interview. The lady was very nice and on time. About 2 weeks later I got a phone call that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions
    no because everyone starts off the same

Worked for Ulta Beauty? Contribute to the Community!