Ulta Beauty Task Team Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy, it was just for a temporary position so they only asked a few questions and told me they'd see me soon to stock for the store opening. There would be an orientation and the task would only be for 6 days. I didn't know that Task (Temporary) would be so short but I didn't mind since I really like Ulta and they said we could shop the store before it opened. I wouldn't mind applying for a real part-time though.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlboro, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Marlboro, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within a couple days or so, received a phone call (which I missed), then had an interview at the store. The store was busy so we had the interview next door at the Whole Foods cafe. Typical interview, no pressure. Got the job, however the job was very temporary (only for a week). I wore business casual.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what was your past experience, what is your availability, why did you choose ulta   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, minimum wage. Was willing to work with my schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Huntington Beach, CA).

Interview

Very professional, were able to work with my schedule.

Interview Questions

It was too far for me to get there by 6 am every morning.

Task Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Met at a café for a one on one interview since the store is not yet open. Very relaxed atmosphere. The hiring manager didn't ask me a lot of questions so I did have to kind of keep the conversation going and fill in the things I wanted her to know about why I would be good for the position and how I would benefit them as a team member.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Everyone started off the same and only part time is available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, MN

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Woodbury, MN) in November 2011.

Interview

It was a group interview. I was nervous at first but it's kind of nice having others there so the attention is not on you all the time. I would recommend trying to speak first so you don't repeat others answers. We did a little bit of role playing and it wasn't too bad. Also the manager was super nice! It didn't take them too long to get back to me and offer me the job. It took a week at the most!

Interview Questions

• Explain your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer
    • Tell me of an example of how you dealt with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Arrive early and bring extra resumes and a note book. Also ask questions! They like that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owensboro, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Owensboro, KY) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview set-up was via email. The actual interview took place at a fast food restaurant and was very informal and disorganized. The GM conducted it (if that's what you can call it) and she actually asked me what type of questions she should ask me! After the interview, the job offer, start date, and specifics were sent to me via email.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult at all about it. Unexpected? The whole situation was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just got an email offer with details about dress code, pay, and a start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were supposed to be 4 other girls but me and one other girl were the only ones that showed up. The merchandising manager interveiws us and asked us the most basic questions. We took a tour of the store and were told we were hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It took a month to get my first day due to paperwork being changed to electronic and corporate being late sending it in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

The application is online and consists of a personality test. Then they called me for a group interview which only consisted of 1 other girl because the rest never showed up. We were asked questions like "Define customer service" "How do you handle difficult customers" "name a time you went out of your way to help someone". Then you get a tour of the store and where everything is. Me and the girl were both hired on the spot. However it took a month to actually start because we had to wait for the Store Manager to call us for our orientation date and the home office took forever to send in the nessecary documents. She actually had to set our orientation date back by 1 day because she didn't get our information in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything

Task Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the general manager maybe a week later. After setting the date, I ran onto glassdoors for some tips. ;P I dressed business casual, black and white, and with daytime makeup. I met with the GM and she asked me some really basic questions like why do you want to work here, and what's your relevant experience (of which I had little). Probably the question that tripped me up the most was when she asked how long I wanted to work for them, lol. I was all over the place with that no-brainer. She was nice about it, cut me some slack with my nervousness and generally seemed like her mind was on more important things.

She then told me she wanted her stock/truck manager to talk to me but she was busy so I had to reschedule for a second interview the next week. The stock manager was nice and also laid back, asked basic questions about how my schedule fit and my transportation and stuff. I basically knew I was hired by then because I applied for a grunt position with undesirable hours, but then she tacked on some "interview" questions at the end just to be official (Why do you want to work here, Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team member and how'd you handle it, What's your favorite kind of makeup and why, etc). Afterwards, she discussed it with the GM and I was hired on the spot. It was a very laid back experience. Nerve-wracking for someone as shy and lame-resumee'd as me, but for the rest of y'all normal people, it's probably a walk in the park.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you found out you had a schedule conflict at the last minute?   Answer Question