Ulteig

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ulteig.

Interview Details – Quick to reach out after application, on site interview in a matter of days with members of management. Offer received within a few days after that and the Company was professional, clean, in a good location.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time your integrity was challenged.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Graduate Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Ulteig.

Interview Details – The process was typical. There was a phone interview with a recruiter to gauge compatibility with the company, and then an interview with a technical manager and technical director. Questions were pretty typical, ranging from job experience to personal organization.

Interview Question – Pretty typical questions for an interview. I can't think of anything out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Graduate Structural Engineer
Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ulteig.

Interview Details – There were three stages of interviewing: a basic phone interviewer with the main recruiter in Fargo, a technical phone interview with the hiring manager in Denver, and a video conference through the Sioux Falls office of Ulteig to the Denver Ulteig location, over the course of about two weeks. However, after the final video conference interview, it took about a month and a half to finally get the rejection, which was sent in a cookie cutter HR e-mail.

Interview Question – Everything was fairly standard, nothing was unexpected or that technical.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Substation Intern Interview

Substation Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Ulteig.

Interview Details – The first interview is over the phone and serve as a screening process by the HR people. They only ask you simple questions, some behavior questions, and nothing technical. If you pass then you will move on the second interview. The second interview will take place on site, and you will be interviewed by 2-3 people (most like engineers and supervisor). They will ask you mostly behavior questions.

Interview Question – Have you ever broken a rule before?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Fridley, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ulteig in January 2012.

Interview Details – The initial online job application was difficult because the final submission resulted in a "Run Time Error" message. But that permitted me to send an e-mail directly to the general e-mail address, and an HR person wrote that my submission had made it into the database.

Ulteig's headquarters is in Fargo, ND, but this position is located at their office in Fridley, MN.

I spoke with the HR representative in Fridley, and she set up an in-person interview with the hiring manager. I met in a conference room at their location, with the hiring manager and the HR representative. He described the business challenges they have, and why they are expanding the Project Manager group within Ulteig. They asked some questions that were behavior-based, and I was ready with example stories. The HR woman was having a hard time staying awake; when I asked later if she was OK, she said the room was hot, which made her sleepy. Toward the end of the interview, the hiring manager left the room, and the HR woman handed me copies of their benefits information.

I was one of 2-3 people in the final interview for this position. By noon the next day I received a system-generated boilerplate "However, at this time we have selected a candidate more closely matched to our needs." So I'm not sure why they waste resources by handing benefits documents to people they are not going to hire, but that's what happened.

Interview Question – I don't remember the specific questions. Typical behavior-based questions.   Answer Question

Substation Design Engineer Interview

Substation Design Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Ulteig in March 2008.

Interview Details – First received a phone call. Brief interview there. They wanted an interview in person. I came out and interviewed with them. It was me and 2 or 3 interviewers. It was a laid back interview and they made me feel very comfortable. Later that evening, I was called and given an offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ulteig? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ulteig interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ulteig employees and interview candidates.