Ulterra Drilling Technologies

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Drill Bit Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ulterra Drilling Technologies in May 2011.

I am a graduate student with a background in Petroleum Engineering. I am working on drill bits research project at the moment. I met a product development manager of Ulterra in Houston at a technical conference where I was presenting my paper. He was interested in my research since it was directly related to what they are doing. He invited me to an interview. Interview went well, I made a presentation on my research and we had a general conversation about my background and the companies' strategy. The reason that I am not offered a job, I think is the fact that I have a background from an operator in Petroleum Engineering. I think they would prefer someone with a Mechanical Engineering background.

Interview Questions