Ultimate Software

www.ultimatesoftware.com

Ultimate Software Business Analyst Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Recruiter interview
Phone interview
Face to face interview

Interview Questions
I got more than I asked so accepted without negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Ultimate Software

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software.

I was contacted by a recruiter at Ultimate after submitting a resume online. After a phone conversation with one recruiter I was told that I would be receiving a phone interview from an HR manager to discuss the position in detail and that was set up for about a week later.

When my interview appointment arrived, I received my call right on time, the interview went very well and we discussed the position at length. I filled in some details about my experience and received positive feedback from the HR Manager. I was then asked to complete a power point presentation and write a paper detailing 3-5 times in my career when I showed initiative that had to be completed in under 2 hours.

I locked myself away and completed the assignment on time except that he had an issue opening the file so I had to resend. Two weeks later after sending an email asking for an update, I received a very short emailing saying that I was not moving on. No feedback on the work I completed. I sent a very polite email saying that I was disappointed I wasn't moving on and asked for feedback on my work and if this meant I could not apply for another position.

I understand that not getting feedback is fairly standard (I have received only a few responses to that question in dozens of interviews during my career) but to have put in all that work and not know why I was rejected is frustrating. Was it the work itself? It is a bit strange to ask someone to do that kind of work in such a short amount of time and expect to see your best work. It was unexpected, the deadline was unrealistic and unreasonable, and dependent on many factors other than my abilities to perform the responsibilities of the position. I realize it may have been some psychological testing thing but I have no idea what it could be about.

Interview Questions
    • There were no especially difficult questions, but I was asked to write a paper about 3-5 times in my career I showed initiative and create a power point presentation in two hours or less. The reasoning was not clear and it seemed to be the reason I was not moving forward in the process although I was not given any feedback.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ultimate Software in December 2012.

I saw the job opening on internet and applied online. A few days later one of HR consultants contacted me view email requesting a phone interview. I was a little surprised to find out the person who would be interviewing me located in another state. We exchanged a couple of emails and set up a time for a phone interview. The interview lasted about one hour and the questions were fairly standard. She asked me about my relevant working experience, education background and why I was leaving my last employment. There were also opportunities for me to ask questions and found out more about the company. The consultant appeared to be friendly and professional. I felt positive about the interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • What aspect of your last position is the most challenging and why?   Answer Question