Ultimate Software

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview Details – Met at a career fair, was given a remote interview about general OOP. Later flew to HQ, had several more interviews in one day, some of which were informally technical.

Very Easy Interview

Weston, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ultimate Software in November 2012.

Interview Details – easy question to solve onsite interview

Interview Question – nothing really hard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview Details – Met recruiter at Career fair, got a phone interview shortly after. Coding test could be taken in C# or my choice, Java. Not the most difficult question. Remoted in to the tester's eclipse environment, was allowed to use google, docs, etc. to simulate how I worked (I didn't ask about this and instead just kinda sat there thinking out loud for a while instead of just checking the docs and doing the solution in like 2 minutes.)

Interview Question – Given an main method which has arraylist initialized with the numbers 1,4,3,2, in that order, which then prints the array (using a combination of iterators and arraylist.get), print the numbers in order. The iterators and Lists were their own class files, which you were allowed to change. Hard to explain, but the solutions pretty obvious when looking at the code   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Weston, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ultimate Software in March 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with an HR person, heard back really quickly and got an in person interview with the manager of the department + my team lead. Met the people on the team. Had a missed call by the time I woke up from an afternoon nap from the guy who interviewed me, voicemail offering me the job. No technical questions.

Interview Question – What do you do to unwind from a stressful day at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. Just ask, they're flexible and managers will do what they can within reason.

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview Details – Very relaxed and casual atmosphere. I felt that they were judging me more on my personality, persona, and professionalism rather than my skill sets - for entry level positions, they seem to care more about whether you will fit in or not and make a good contribution to their team and family atmosphere rather than what you know about software, SaaS, etc. They put you through intense, long training that will teach you their product so they are interviewing more-so for intangibles such as leadership experience and ability, communication skills, charisma, and attitude. Your degree background is fairly irrelevant if you are not applying for a technical position.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years - not within this company, but as a professional overall.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ultimate Software

Worked for Ultimate Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ultimate Software Intern interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ultimate Software employees and interview candidates.