Ultimate Software Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interviewed at university with two managers from a team for an internship program. Waited about 4 weeks until I heard back from one of the managers that I was selected to be a part of the internship program.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ultimate Software

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

interview consisted of meeting with 4 different portions, 1 for software testing, 1 coding test, a tour of the company, and 1 whiteboard algorithm portion review your oop concepts and other terminology Everyone was really nice and its pretty clear that the work environment is great

Interview Questions

• Coding test, be able to print out an unsorted list in sorted order   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Had a first phone interview 5 days ago and still waiting to hear back from them...my case is an employee referral from one of my Professors... they sent me an email to arrange phone interview and a week later I got the call , it was a 15 min interview, pretty simple....will update on process...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Three round interview process. First person gave a very basic whiteboard interview. Second person gave a very basic technical interview. Third person talked about my resume and asked miscellaneous questions related to my interests and tried to tie them into some type of job-related work. Afterwards, I was shown around the building in a hurried fashion since the interview was at the end of the day. Altogether, took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Q. Given a simple application in Java or C# that adds four items (each a simple box with a number in it) to a custom MyList class that extends the standard List class and then prints the contents of the list using an iterator, modify the program to print out the contents of the list in sorted order without modifying main.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Met at a career fair, was given a remote interview about general OOP. Later flew to HQ, had several more interviews in one day, some of which were informally technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

Very quick hiring process; recruiter called on a Friday and scheduled a phone interview for Monday. Phone interview was behavioral (what does integrity mean to you, questions like that) and was asked to rate my skills in Microsoft Office suite (beginner, intermediate, advanced). The recruiter scheduled an in-person interview for the upcoming Friday at noon and I was offered the position at 3pm

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Met recruiter at Career fair, got a phone interview shortly after. Coding test could be taken in C# or my choice, Java. Not the most difficult question. Remoted in to the tester's eclipse environment, was allowed to use google, docs, etc. to simulate how I worked (I didn't ask about this and instead just kinda sat there thinking out loud for a while instead of just checking the docs and doing the solution in like 2 minutes.)

Interview Questions

• Given an main method which has arraylist initialized with the numbers 1,4,3,2, in that order, which then prints the array (using a combination of iterators and arraylist.get), print the numbers in order. The iterators and Lists were their own class files, which you were allowed to change. Hard to explain, but the solutions pretty obvious when looking at the code   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

easy question to solve onsite interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software in June 2012.

Interview

First did a phone interview then interviewed in person. Almost all technical interviews covering a lot of cs topics. There were whiteboard questions testing questions and general cs questions.

Interview Questions

• I was taken by surprise by a relatively easy question about inheritance but with a small trick that made it difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview with an HR person, heard back really quickly and got an in person interview with the manager of the department + my team lead. Met the people on the team. Had a missed call by the time I woke up from an afternoon nap from the guy who interviewed me, voicemail offering me the job. No technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to unwind from a stressful day at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. Just ask, they're flexible and managers will do what they can within reason.