Ultimate Software

Updated Sep 8, 2014

1.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software.

Met at a career fair, was given a remote interview about general OOP. Later flew to HQ, had several more interviews in one day, some of which were informally technical.

Other Interview Reviews for Ultimate Software

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ultimate Software in May 2013.

Very quick hiring process; recruiter called on a Friday and scheduled a phone interview for Monday. Phone interview was behavioral (what does integrity mean to you, questions like that) and was asked to rate my skills in Microsoft Office suite (beginner, intermediate, advanced). The recruiter scheduled an in-person interview for the upcoming Friday at noon and I was offered the position at 3pm

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ultimate Software.

Met recruiter at Career fair, got a phone interview shortly after. Coding test could be taken in C# or my choice, Java. Not the most difficult question. Remoted in to the tester's eclipse environment, was allowed to use google, docs, etc. to simulate how I worked (I didn't ask about this and instead just kinda sat there thinking out loud for a while instead of just checking the docs and doing the solution in like 2 minutes.)

Interview Questions
    • Given an main method which has arraylist initialized with the numbers 1,4,3,2, in that order, which then prints the array (using a combination of iterators and arraylist.get), print the numbers in order. The iterators and Lists were their own class files, which you were allowed to change. Hard to explain, but the solutions pretty obvious when looking at the code   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ultimate Software in November 2012.

easy question to solve onsite interview

no negation

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software in June 2012.

First did a phone interview then interviewed in person. Almost all technical interviews covering a lot of cs topics. There were whiteboard questions testing questions and general cs questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was taken by surprise by a relatively easy question about inheritance but with a small trick that made it difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ultimate Software in March 2010.

Had a phone interview with an HR person, heard back really quickly and got an in person interview with the manager of the department + my team lead. Met the people on the team. Had a missed call by the time I woke up from an afternoon nap from the guy who interviewed me, voicemail offering me the job. No technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do to unwind from a stressful day at work?   Answer Question
    Yes. Just ask, they're flexible and managers will do what they can within reason.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ultimate Software.

Very relaxed and casual atmosphere. I felt that they were judging me more on my personality, persona, and professionalism rather than my skill sets - for entry level positions, they seem to care more about whether you will fit in or not and make a good contribution to their team and family atmosphere rather than what you know about software, SaaS, etc. They put you through intense, long training that will teach you their product so they are interviewing more-so for intangibles such as leadership experience and ability, communication skills, charisma, and attitude. Your degree background is fairly irrelevant if you are not applying for a technical position.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years - not within this company, but as a professional overall.   Answer Question