Ultimate Software

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.6

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ultimate Software in June 2012.

First did a phone interview then interviewed in person. Almost all technical interviews covering a lot of cs topics. There were whiteboard questions testing questions and general cs questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was taken by surprise by a relatively easy question about inheritance but with a small trick that made it difficult.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ultimate Software in October 2012.

Applied through online - Overall a great experience, the hiring manager was planning to hire someone quickly. The whole process took couple of weeks and then I got the offer letter. More than your skills and knowledge this company mainly look for a cultural fit.

Interview Questions
    • Most of them were behavioral question, I would not call any of it as difficult. Any mistake you have done in the past, how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, accepted as they met my expectation

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Ultimate Software in May 2011.

4 separate interviews by 4 different members of Ultimate Software. First interview was for a position in which I was applying for. This hiring manager felt I was more suited for another position, and recommended me for a different job than what I was applying for. (Thank goodness for this level of insight, I love the job I was recommended for)

Interview Questions
    • Not applicable. I knew my capabilities well enough, that none of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Business Analyst III Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ultimate Software in May 2014.

The process was simple, but time consuming. First was an interview with a technical recruiter. That went well and I was asked to take an exam. It was timed and I was given 90 minutes. It took about a week and a half for them to contact me and say that they would like to continue the process. It then took another week and a half to get the next interview set up. Finally, a week later I got the rejection.

Interview Questions
    • If I was to call your boss, what would they say was your biggest flaw. Then at your current job, what has been your biggest failure.   View Answer

Systems Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Ultimate Software in May 2014.

1. Phone screen with recruiter discussing the travel and the company benefits.
    2. Phone Interview with Consulting Manager (East).
    3. Phone Interview with Consulting Manager (Midwest).
    4. Phone Interview with Director of Consulting.
    5. In-person interview company paid for flight to meet co-work in Newark, NJ.
    6. Offered position the following day from the in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral questions (Tell me about yourself, greatest strength, weakness, etc.)   Answer Question

I initially accepted after reviewing the offer and the benefits, but then declined because I received a better total compensation and benefits package.

Customer Success Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ultimate Software in April 2014.

The hiring process was great! I worked with 2 different recruiters regarding 2 different positions. They were both enthusiastic and energetic regarding getting me on-board with Ultimate Software. The recruiter did a preliminary interview, followed by a telephone interview, and a physical interview. I interviewed in the morning, by that afternoon an offer was made. Overall it was a great experience and I feel I made a great choice by joining the company.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most unexpected question was "What do you feel like your greatest contribution in life thus far". It gave me a chance to really think.   Answer Question
    I told the recruiter what I was looking for in terms of salary requirements, and they exceeded my expectation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ultimate Software in May 2013.

Very quick hiring process; recruiter called on a Friday and scheduled a phone interview for Monday. Phone interview was behavioral (what does integrity mean to you, questions like that) and was asked to rate my skills in Microsoft Office suite (beginner, intermediate, advanced). The recruiter scheduled an in-person interview for the upcoming Friday at noon and I was offered the position at 3pm

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Recruiter interview
    Phone interview
    Face to face interview

Interview Questions
    I got more than I asked so accepted without negotiation

Customer Success Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ultimate Software.

I was contacted by the Talent Acquisition/Recruiter for a vetting interview. During that interview he told me my experience and credentials were pretty much perfect and better than the caliber of resume's he generally sees for this job. In fact, he said I'd be a perfect fit. I received a call to set up an interview with 3 managers.

That interview was awkward and strange. It was clear from the type of questions they asked they had no scope of understanding of my experience. It was clear I was grossly overqualified for the job, however that was not a concern of mine.

Even though I was overqualified, the response back to me was I was not adequately qualified. When I asked for more feedback or if there was some training I could do to become more qualified, I was told this group would never hire me and if any further jobs came up with that specific group, I would not be considered.

I really believe they are a great company and one I would love to work for, however, this experience was not good.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like least about working in an office environment.   View Answer

Integration Consultant - Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ultimate Software in January 2014.

Applied online on Jan 4th, received an email from the hiring manager on the 9th to setup an interview, we scheduled an interview for the 15th. It was more of a casual meeting than an interview, which I enjoyed very much.

Interview Questions

Was considering another offer at the time. Honestly, I regret declining. It's a great company

Worked for Ultimate Software? Contribute to the Community!