Ultimate Software

37 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ultimate Software in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through online - Overall a great experience, the hiring manager was planning to hire someone quickly. The whole process took couple of weeks and then I got the offer letter. More than your skills and knowledge this company mainly look for a cultural fit.

Interview Question – Most of them were behavioral question, I would not call any of it as difficult. Any mistake you have done in the past, how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, accepted as they met my expectation

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
Santa Ana, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Ultimate Software in May 2011.

Interview Details – 4 separate interviews by 4 different members of Ultimate Software. First interview was for a position in which I was applying for. This hiring manager felt I was more suited for another position, and recommended me for a different job than what I was applying for. (Thank goodness for this level of insight, I love the job I was recommended for)

Interview Question – Not applicable. I knew my capabilities well enough, that none of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Business Analyst III Interview

Business Analyst III

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ultimate Software in May 2014.

Interview Details – The process was simple, but time consuming. First was an interview with a technical recruiter. That went well and I was asked to take an exam. It was timed and I was given 90 minutes. It took about a week and a half for them to contact me and say that they would like to continue the process. It then took another week and a half to get the next interview set up. Finally, a week later I got the rejection.

Interview Question – If I was to call your boss, what would they say was your biggest flaw. Then at your current job, what has been your biggest failure.   View Answer

Systems Consultant Interview

Systems Consultant

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Ultimate Software in May 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Phone screen with recruiter discussing the travel and the company benefits.
2. Phone Interview with Consulting Manager (East).
3. Phone Interview with Consulting Manager (Midwest).
4. Phone Interview with Director of Consulting.
5. In-person interview company paid for flight to meet co-work in Newark, NJ.
6. Offered position the following day from the in-person interview.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral questions (Tell me about yourself, greatest strength, weakness, etc.)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I initially accepted after reviewing the offer and the benefits, but then declined because I received a better total compensation and benefits package.

Customer Success Professional Interview

Customer Success Professional

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ultimate Software in April 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was great! I worked with 2 different recruiters regarding 2 different positions. They were both enthusiastic and energetic regarding getting me on-board with Ultimate Software. The recruiter did a preliminary interview, followed by a telephone interview, and a physical interview. I interviewed in the morning, by that afternoon an offer was made. Overall it was a great experience and I feel I made a great choice by joining the company.

Interview Question – I think the most unexpected question was "What do you feel like your greatest contribution in life thus far". It gave me a chance to really think.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told the recruiter what I was looking for in terms of salary requirements, and they exceeded my expectation.

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ultimate Software in May 2013.

Interview Details – Very quick hiring process; recruiter called on a Friday and scheduled a phone interview for Monday. Phone interview was behavioral (what does integrity mean to you, questions like that) and was asked to rate my skills in Microsoft Office suite (beginner, intermediate, advanced). The recruiter scheduled an in-person interview for the upcoming Friday at noon and I was offered the position at 3pm

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview Details – Recruiter interview
Phone interview
Face to face interview

Interview Question – Mostly Behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got more than I asked so accepted without negotiation

Customer Success Professional Interview

Customer Success Professional
Marietta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the Talent Acquisition/Recruiter for a vetting interview. During that interview he told me my experience and credentials were pretty much perfect and better than the caliber of resume's he generally sees for this job. In fact, he said I'd be a perfect fit. I received a call to set up an interview with 3 managers.

That interview was awkward and strange. It was clear from the type of questions they asked they had no scope of understanding of my experience. It was clear I was grossly overqualified for the job, however that was not a concern of mine.

Even though I was overqualified, the response back to me was I was not adequately qualified. When I asked for more feedback or if there was some training I could do to become more qualified, I was told this group would never hire me and if any further jobs came up with that specific group, I would not be considered.

I really believe they are a great company and one I would love to work for, however, this experience was not good.

Interview Question – What do you like least about working in an office environment.   View Answer

Integration Consultant - Temp Interview

Integration Consultant - Temp
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ultimate Software in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online on Jan 4th, received an email from the hiring manager on the 9th to setup an interview, we scheduled an interview for the 15th. It was more of a casual meeting than an interview, which I enjoyed very much.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was considering another offer at the time. Honestly, I regret declining. It's a great company

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied online - interviewed at Ultimate Software in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was asked to participate in a phone screen with one of the HR reps. She asked me mostly about my resume and kept asking what I learned from each experience. Her questions were not exactly clear.

She then described the position and the positive aspects of the company as well as the fact that they almost exclusively hire from MIT and other top tier schools.

Interview Question – Questions about resume   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ultimate Software

Worked for Ultimate Software? Contribute to the Community!