Ultimate Software

Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.7

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ultimate Software in September 2008.

We basically talked 2 to 1, the interview was my first and needless to say I was unprepared because they asked a lot of different programming based questions. A lot of which I knew but I couldn't quite explain it since I don't know the terms all too well, it was pertinent that this was to be reviewed prior to the interview. They also asked about what I knew about the company and I basically cited info I read online which they knew exactly where it came from...funny sorta. They also asked why did I see myself as a good person for the company. Interview lasted 30 minutes. NOTE: My rating is really off since it has been my only interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software in December 2010.

Talked to the recruiter on the phone for about 1/2 hour before setting up and on-site. The on-site interview consisted of a skill test and 3 group interviews. Not a bad way to get to meet a lot of potential co-workers but it also didn't allow much of a chance to get to know anyone or styles.

After that day I had to wait a little long for the results.

Interview Questions
    • No specific question was especially harder but I had a group interview with 6 people at once.   View Answer

Virtual Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software in August 2011.

Recruiter called for a 1/2 phone screen then 2 days later a phone interview with the hiring manager. Within 1 week a face-to-face was scheduled. This consisted of a training demonstration in front of about 10 managers and other trainers. This was followed by a panel interview and then one-on-one interviews with members of the team. I am currently waiting to hear back to see if they will be offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • What experience and/or knowledge makes you the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ultimate Software in August 2012.

The interview process consist of 3 separate interviews. The first interview is a phone interview with a manager. It was an overview of my experience and some simple .NET questions. The second interview was an in person interview that consisted of two separate tests. The first test was a C# test. The interviewer sat me in front of a laptop running visual studio and asked me to solve an issue with a small console app he had written. The second test was a whiteboard session with a lead developer. He asked me several questions about SQL. The final part of the interview was a walk through of the facility (very impressive I may add) and a history of the company.

Interview Questions
    • I won't put anything too specific but the expectations are high...you must know C# and SQL in and out   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software in October 2012.

Applied through online - Overall a great experience, the hiring manager was planning to hire someone quickly. The whole process took couple of weeks and then I got the offer letter. More than your skills and knowledge this company mainly look for a cultural fit.

Interview Questions
    • Most of them were behavioral question, I would not call any of it as difficult. Any mistake you have done in the past, how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, accepted as they met my expectation

Engineering Talent Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software in June 2014.

My resume was given to a friends neighbor, then i was contacted the next day via phone. I am not from south Florida, so I did about 3 more interviews via phone before coming onsite for interviews. I completed a 2 hour test that included Word and Powerpoint. I did the onsite interviews about 2 weeks later, then I was given an offer a couple days after that.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions as this was not a technical role. Just mainly about experience and my skills.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ultimate Software.

The process is painfully slow. I applied online and got a call next day from one of their recruiters. We scheduled a code test for the next week and she got back to me with a good feedback next day and told me to expect a second round of interviews. Didn't hear from them for a month, then schedule a phone interview which was more to review some of my background with a team lead. An onsite round of interviews was scheduled 2 weeks after this. I had 4 onsite interviews and tour of their headquarters, which is not quite Google but it is a great collaborative and creative environment. It was one very technical interview with some oop concept questions, whiteboard algorithms and different questions about what the output of a specific would be. The other 3 interviews, was one with the director of the department that was more personality, and 2 group interviews one with the team leads and another one with the integration managers, both a combination of technical, personality and experience, mostly questions about past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel any question was very hard. I would say the hardest part was the code test. They give you a console application with the main method complete and tell you what they expect back when it runs. You have to create all of the classes for it. They are looking for you to use your oop concepts. I was just nervous between the time and having someone watching me code every single line.   Answer Question

The company culture is great and I would recommend it to anyone. But we couldn't reach an agreement, since their offer wouldn't cover my cost of living increase, since I was relocating and their relocation package is not great. I was upset at the fact that we were just $5,000 away from each other and they didn't wanted to increase the offer. Especially since what I was asking for is within their glassdoor salary range and the salary range for the area. That was my only negative about the process, otherwise if in the future if they come back with a better offer I would take it.

Customer Success Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Ultimate Software in October 2014.

Interview process consisted of 1 phone interview and 2 on site interviews, both average in length. Nothing out of the ordinary, mostly behavioral questions. I did have a written logic test which if I had known about probably would have prepared for, not that there really was a way to prepare. The process moved very quickly. I think the most important thing about the interview process is to be honest and be yourself. USG seems very keen on finding the right fit and is more concerned with your personality and attitude than a long list of technical skills. Misrepresenting yourself will only hurt you.

Interview Questions
    • I was more surprised by what was NOT asked; given the appeal of this company I expected more questions regarding the company itself, such as it's products, history, etc. I took the time to read the annual report (115 pages) I found online and while I found it interesting it did not directly help me prepare for the interview. Do know why you want to work for USG, and I recommend a genuine answer reflective of personal commitment and beliefs.   Answer Question
    None; they offer a very fair compensation package and I believe 1/60 of those that land an interview actually get an offer so I recommend taking it.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ultimate Software in November 2013.

I was asked to participate in a phone screen with one of the HR reps. She asked me mostly about my resume and kept asking what I learned from each experience. Her questions were not exactly clear.

She then described the position and the positive aspects of the company as well as the fact that they almost exclusively hire from MIT and other top tier schools.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software in June 2012.

First did a phone interview then interviewed in person. Almost all technical interviews covering a lot of cs topics. There were whiteboard questions testing questions and general cs questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was taken by surprise by a relatively easy question about inheritance but with a small trick that made it difficult.   Answer Question