Ultimate Software

Average Difficulty
37 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview Details – Met at a career fair, was given a remote interview about general OOP. Later flew to HQ, had several more interviews in one day, some of which were informally technical.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter at Ultimate after submitting a resume online. After a phone conversation with one recruiter I was told that I would be receiving a phone interview from an HR manager to discuss the position in detail and that was set up for about a week later.

When my interview appointment arrived, I received my call right on time, the interview went very well and we discussed the position at length. I filled in some details about my experience and received positive feedback from the HR Manager. I was then asked to complete a power point presentation and write a paper detailing 3-5 times in my career when I showed initiative that had to be completed in under 2 hours.

I locked myself away and completed the assignment on time except that he had an issue opening the file so I had to resend. Two weeks later after sending an email asking for an update, I received a very short emailing saying that I was not moving on. No feedback on the work I completed. I sent a very polite email saying that I was disappointed I wasn't moving on and asked for feedback on my work and if this meant I could not apply for another position.

I understand that not getting feedback is fairly standard (I have received only a few responses to that question in dozens of interviews during my career) but to have put in all that work and not know why I was rejected is frustrating. Was it the work itself? It is a bit strange to ask someone to do that kind of work in such a short amount of time and expect to see your best work. It was unexpected, the deadline was unrealistic and unreasonable, and dependent on many factors other than my abilities to perform the responsibilities of the position. I realize it may have been some psychological testing thing but I have no idea what it could be about.

Interview Question – There were no especially difficult questions, but I was asked to write a paper about 3-5 times in my career I showed initiative and create a power point presentation in two hours or less. The reasoning was not clear and it seemed to be the reason I was not moving forward in the process although I was not given any feedback.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Weston, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ultimate Software in November 2012.

Interview Details – easy question to solve onsite interview

Interview Question – nothing really hard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negation

Tax Interview

Tax

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview Details – One over the phone interview, and one face to face interview with 2 separate people. Process took a total of 6-8 weeks before offer.

Interview Question – Why do u think u have not found work yet?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiates a little

Business Process Analyst I Interview

Business Process Analyst I
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Ultimate Software in February 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is lengthy. I interviewed 4 times including with the Director/Sr VP and it took over a month.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of situational questions, all pretty standard. What would you do to get information from someone? How do you handle conflict?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Get as much as you can up front, because raises are not guaranteed. Also no bonuses.

HRIS Position Interview

HRIS Position
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ultimate Software in May 2013.

Interview Details – I received a call from an Account Manager at the company after applying on LinkedIn, we chatted for a few and scheduled a time where we could have the first interview. The interview was kind of different from any I have ever experienced as it was one where she asked what I thought about certain things that may happen in the workplace like employee ethics and why I thought the way I did about it, why I answered the question the way I did and also some behavioral questions etc....This was an email from the company (What will I be asked during my interview? Our questions are designed to help us understand who you are as a person and the unique talents and abilities you bring to your position. There will not be any technical questions, so please do not feel that you need to study or prepare. Our best interviewees are willing to express their own point of view and we encourage you to answer the questions in your own way. Some individuals prefer to have a resume available to keep past experiences top of mind, but this is not a necessity. You will be asked questions that you can readily answer off the top of your head pulling from your own experiences and opinions.)

After passing that round, she referred me to a recruiter. The recruiter called and did the same sort of questions and then told me that I would receive an email with a time and date of the in-person interview. I never received anything but then received a call from the same recruiter asking if I was available to interview that day or the next because her email was acting up and she thought she had sent out a confirmation but when she didn't hear from me decided to call, I told her no because I would need time to prepare. She then said that she would setup an interview with the team for the next week. That same day I received an email from the admin assistant with confirmation of the interview...The next week I interviewed with a team of about 8 people:

•Erin Shoemaker, Senior Customer Success Manager - Southeast
•Stacey Simmons, Customer Success Manager - Midwest
•Kim Long, Customer Success Manager – Southeast
•Sheetal Patel, Customer Success Manager – Southeast
•Marquitta Gillespie, Customer Success Team Lead
•Todd Beattie, Customer Success Team Lead
•Tyrone Arucas, Customer Success Manager - Rapid Response (Remote Participant)
•Jennifer Wohl, Senior Customer Success Manager - West (Remote Participant)

I waited in the lobby about 45 minutes and then finally a lady very poorly dressed came to get me, she brought me into a room and it was just her but everyone else was on the phone. They went through my resume asking me questions regarding it, some were behavioral. The interview did not seem well prepared and organized. After interviewing for about 30 min I was walked out. After the interview I called the recruiter as she requested I should and she did not answer. I called a couple of times, no answer, no call back, no nothing. about 2 months later I received this email:

Greetings,

We regret to inform you that the position for which you applied has been cancelled. Please feel free to apply for other positions here at Ultimate Software. We look forward to your application.

Sincerely,

Talent Management
 The Ultimate Software Group, Inc.

#wasteofmytime #unprofessional #dissapointed

Interview Question – My opinions on things and having to answer the questions at a certain fast pace   Answer Question

Account Manager - Workplace Interview

Account Manager - Workplace

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ultimate Software in April 2011.

Interview Details – In this order: Phone interview with contract in-house recruiter, in-person interview with two Customer Success Managers, phone interview with Rapid Response Team Manager, Offer. Be prepared for behavioral questions about how you handle customer/client issues, how well you work under pressure, and how well you work on a team. Be sure to ask a lot of questions about the environment, employee morale and expectations for work from home days so that you know what to expect and don't have any surprises.

Interview Question – Standard interview behavioral questions. No particular questions stand out as difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't much wiggle room on the salary because they like to bring you in mid-range so that there is room to give you raises as you earn them. Plus, Ultimate Software was paying 100% of employee healthcare, including family, and that added about another $10k in compensation.

Very Easy Interview

Tier II Technical Support Interview

Tier II Technical Support
Weston, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ultimate Software in March 2013.

Interview Details – Process Started very well. The Manager was very pleasant and i could not be more happy on that interview than that day. I had 2 bad interviews, I was about to skip this interview but i didnt. that made my day.!! I wish i had gotten an offer.

Interview Question – none i can think of. The manager was very clear about his expectations.   View Answer

Customer Success Professional Interview

Customer Success Professional
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ultimate Software in June 2012.

Interview Details – They did a phone interview and just gathered some base information. Then they had a group/panel interview with all the managers of the department I was applying for.

The interview was pretty typical. Some questions:
Why are you leaving your current job?
Give us situations where you had to display customer service when a customer/client was not happy?
Where do you see yourself going?
What do you know about our business and the position? (Make sure you read up on this. I think it impressed them I knew so much).
What is your philosophy about customer service?

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult. They asked a situation in which I had to display superior customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They wouldn't negotiate. They had a set rate and wouldn't budge.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview Details – Met recruiter at Career fair, got a phone interview shortly after. Coding test could be taken in C# or my choice, Java. Not the most difficult question. Remoted in to the tester's eclipse environment, was allowed to use google, docs, etc. to simulate how I worked (I didn't ask about this and instead just kinda sat there thinking out loud for a while instead of just checking the docs and doing the solution in like 2 minutes.)

Interview Question – Given an main method which has arraylist initialized with the numbers 1,4,3,2, in that order, which then prints the array (using a combination of iterators and arraylist.get), print the numbers in order. The iterators and Lists were their own class files, which you were allowed to change. Hard to explain, but the solutions pretty obvious when looking at the code   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ultimate Software