Ultimate Software

2.6

Customer Success Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software.

I was contacted by the Talent Acquisition/Recruiter for a vetting interview. During that interview he told me my experience and credentials were pretty much perfect and better than the caliber of resume's he generally sees for this job. In fact, he said I'd be a perfect fit. I received a call to set up an interview with 3 managers.

That interview was awkward and strange. It was clear from the type of questions they asked they had no scope of understanding of my experience. It was clear I was grossly overqualified for the job, however that was not a concern of mine.

Even though I was overqualified, the response back to me was I was not adequately qualified. When I asked for more feedback or if there was some training I could do to become more qualified, I was told this group would never hire me and if any further jobs came up with that specific group, I would not be considered.

I really believe they are a great company and one I would love to work for, however, this experience was not good.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like least about working in an office environment.   View Answer

Integration Consultant - Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ultimate Software in January 2014.

Applied online on Jan 4th, received an email from the hiring manager on the 9th to setup an interview, we scheduled an interview for the 15th. It was more of a casual meeting than an interview, which I enjoyed very much.

Interview Questions

Was considering another offer at the time. Honestly, I regret declining. It's a great company

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software.

I was contacted by a recruiter at Ultimate after submitting a resume online. After a phone conversation with one recruiter I was told that I would be receiving a phone interview from an HR manager to discuss the position in detail and that was set up for about a week later.

When my interview appointment arrived, I received my call right on time, the interview went very well and we discussed the position at length. I filled in some details about my experience and received positive feedback from the HR Manager. I was then asked to complete a power point presentation and write a paper detailing 3-5 times in my career when I showed initiative that had to be completed in under 2 hours.

I locked myself away and completed the assignment on time except that he had an issue opening the file so I had to resend. Two weeks later after sending an email asking for an update, I received a very short emailing saying that I was not moving on. No feedback on the work I completed. I sent a very polite email saying that I was disappointed I wasn't moving on and asked for feedback on my work and if this meant I could not apply for another position.

I understand that not getting feedback is fairly standard (I have received only a few responses to that question in dozens of interviews during my career) but to have put in all that work and not know why I was rejected is frustrating. Was it the work itself? It is a bit strange to ask someone to do that kind of work in such a short amount of time and expect to see your best work. It was unexpected, the deadline was unrealistic and unreasonable, and dependent on many factors other than my abilities to perform the responsibilities of the position. I realize it may have been some psychological testing thing but I have no idea what it could be about.

Interview Questions
    • There were no especially difficult questions, but I was asked to write a paper about 3-5 times in my career I showed initiative and create a power point presentation in two hours or less. The reasoning was not clear and it seemed to be the reason I was not moving forward in the process although I was not given any feedback.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software.

Met at a career fair, was given a remote interview about general OOP. Later flew to HQ, had several more interviews in one day, some of which were informally technical.

Tax Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ultimate Software.

One over the phone interview, and one face to face interview with 2 separate people. Process took a total of 6-8 weeks before offer.

negotiates a little

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ultimate Software in November 2013.

I was asked to participate in a phone screen with one of the HR reps. She asked me mostly about my resume and kept asking what I learned from each experience. Her questions were not exactly clear.

She then described the position and the positive aspects of the company as well as the fact that they almost exclusively hire from MIT and other top tier schools.

HRIS Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ultimate Software in May 2013.

I received a call from an Account Manager at the company after applying on LinkedIn, we chatted for a few and scheduled a time where we could have the first interview. The interview was kind of different from any I have ever experienced as it was one where she asked what I thought about certain things that may happen in the workplace like employee ethics and why I thought the way I did about it, why I answered the question the way I did and also some behavioral questions etc....This was an email from the company (What will I be asked during my interview? Our questions are designed to help us understand who you are as a person and the unique talents and abilities you bring to your position. There will not be any technical questions, so please do not feel that you need to study or prepare. Our best interviewees are willing to express their own point of view and we encourage you to answer the questions in your own way. Some individuals prefer to have a resume available to keep past experiences top of mind, but this is not a necessity. You will be asked questions that you can readily answer off the top of your head pulling from your own experiences and opinions.)

After passing that round, she referred me to a recruiter. The recruiter called and did the same sort of questions and then told me that I would receive an email with a time and date of the in-person interview. I never received anything but then received a call from the same recruiter asking if I was available to interview that day or the next because her email was acting up and she thought she had sent out a confirmation but when she didn't hear from me decided to call, I told her no because I would need time to prepare. She then said that she would setup an interview with the team for the next week. That same day I received an email from the admin assistant with confirmation of the interview...The next week I interviewed with a team of about 8 people:

•Erin Shoemaker, Senior Customer Success Manager - Southeast
    •Stacey Simmons, Customer Success Manager - Midwest
    •Kim Long, Customer Success Manager – Southeast
    •Sheetal Patel, Customer Success Manager – Southeast
    •Marquitta Gillespie, Customer Success Team Lead
    •Todd Beattie, Customer Success Team Lead
    •Tyrone Arucas, Customer Success Manager - Rapid Response (Remote Participant)
    •Jennifer Wohl, Senior Customer Success Manager - West (Remote Participant)

I waited in the lobby about 45 minutes and then finally a lady very poorly dressed came to get me, she brought me into a room and it was just her but everyone else was on the phone. They went through my resume asking me questions regarding it, some were behavioral. The interview did not seem well prepared and organized. After interviewing for about 30 min I was walked out. After the interview I called the recruiter as she requested I should and she did not answer. I called a couple of times, no answer, no call back, no nothing. about 2 months later I received this email:

Greetings,

We regret to inform you that the position for which you applied has been cancelled. Please feel free to apply for other positions here at Ultimate Software. We look forward to your application.

Sincerely,

Talent Management
     The Ultimate Software Group, Inc.

#wasteofmytime #unprofessional #dissapointed

Interview Questions
    • My opinions on things and having to answer the questions at a certain fast pace   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ultimate Software in May 2013.

Very quick hiring process; recruiter called on a Friday and scheduled a phone interview for Monday. Phone interview was behavioral (what does integrity mean to you, questions like that) and was asked to rate my skills in Microsoft Office suite (beginner, intermediate, advanced). The recruiter scheduled an in-person interview for the upcoming Friday at noon and I was offered the position at 3pm

Tier II Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ultimate Software in March 2013.

Process Started very well. The Manager was very pleasant and i could not be more happy on that interview than that day. I had 2 bad interviews, I was about to skip this interview but i didnt. that made my day.!! I wish i had gotten an offer.

Interview Questions
    • none i can think of. The manager was very clear about his expectations.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ultimate Software.

Met recruiter at Career fair, got a phone interview shortly after. Coding test could be taken in C# or my choice, Java. Not the most difficult question. Remoted in to the tester's eclipse environment, was allowed to use google, docs, etc. to simulate how I worked (I didn't ask about this and instead just kinda sat there thinking out loud for a while instead of just checking the docs and doing the solution in like 2 minutes.)

Interview Questions
    • Given an main method which has arraylist initialized with the numbers 1,4,3,2, in that order, which then prints the array (using a combination of iterators and arraylist.get), print the numbers in order. The iterators and Lists were their own class files, which you were allowed to change. Hard to explain, but the solutions pretty obvious when looking at the code   View Answer