Ultimate Software Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015
Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.6

Customer Success Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Ultimate Software in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 1 phone interview and 2 on site interviews, both average in length. Nothing out of the ordinary, mostly behavioral questions. I did have a written logic test which if I had known about probably would have prepared for, not that there really was a way to prepare. The process moved very quickly. I think the most important thing about the interview process is to be honest and be yourself. USG seems very keen on finding the right fit and is more concerned with your personality and attitude than a long list of technical skills. Misrepresenting yourself will only hurt you.

Interview Questions

• I was more surprised by what was NOT asked; given the appeal of this company I expected more questions regarding the company itself, such as it's products, history, etc. I took the time to read the annual report (115 pages) I found online and while I found it interesting it did not directly help me prepare for the interview. Do know why you want to work for USG, and I recommend a genuine answer reflective of personal commitment and beliefs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None; they offer a very fair compensation package and I believe 1/60 of those that land an interview actually get an offer so I recommend taking it.

Senior Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

interviewed at Ultimate Software (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview first. I was told at that time a face to face interview would take place. I then had the face to face interview with a recruiter and then one of the payroll manager. After 2 days I sent a "thank you" to the recruiter via email. I didn't have the payroll manager's information. Three days after the interview I called the recruiter and left a voice mail asking for a status of the position. I didn't get a call back. I then sent an email. The next week I received an email saying another candidate was chosen.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what would I do if one of my team members wasn't getting the job done.   1 Answer

Software Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software (Champaign, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Found them at a career fair, went to a dinner with the recruiters afterwards, got a technical remote test, it was on Java stuff so I wasn't too familiar with it all, didn't get a call back. The question was about class inheritance and sorting an array using the 'super' keyword and list functions.

Interview Questions

• Same as everyone else, sort the array in Java using a super class.   Answer Question

Engineering Talent Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

My resume was given to a friends neighbor, then i was contacted the next day via phone. I am not from south Florida, so I did about 3 more interviews via phone before coming onsite for interviews. I completed a 2 hour test that included Word and Powerpoint. I did the onsite interviews about 2 weeks later, then I was given an offer a couple days after that.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions as this was not a technical role. Just mainly about experience and my skills.   Answer Question

Systems Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software in May 2014.

Interview

1. Phone screen with recruiter discussing the travel and the company benefits.
    2. Phone Interview with Consulting Manager (East).
    3. Phone Interview with Consulting Manager (Midwest).
    4. Phone Interview with Director of Consulting.
    5. In-person interview company paid for flight to meet co-work in Newark, NJ.
    6. Offered position the following day from the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions (Tell me about yourself, greatest strength, weakness, etc.)   Answer Question

I initially accepted after reviewing the offer and the benefits, but then declined because I received a better total compensation and benefits package.

Business Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software in May 2014.

Interview

The process was simple, but time consuming. First was an interview with a technical recruiter. That went well and I was asked to take an exam. It was timed and I was given 90 minutes. It took about a week and a half for them to contact me and say that they would like to continue the process. It then took another week and a half to get the next interview set up. Finally, a week later I got the rejection.

Interview Questions

• If I was to call your boss, what would they say was your biggest flaw. Then at your current job, what has been your biggest failure.   1 Answer

Customer Success Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software in April 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was great! I worked with 2 different recruiters regarding 2 different positions. They were both enthusiastic and energetic regarding getting me on-board with Ultimate Software. The recruiter did a preliminary interview, followed by a telephone interview, and a physical interview. I interviewed in the morning, by that afternoon an offer was made. Overall it was a great experience and I feel I made a great choice by joining the company.

Interview Questions

• I think the most unexpected question was "What do you feel like your greatest contribution in life thus far". It gave me a chance to really think.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told the recruiter what I was looking for in terms of salary requirements, and they exceeded my expectation.

Customer Success Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software (Marietta, GA).

Interview

I was contacted by the Talent Acquisition/Recruiter for a vetting interview. During that interview he told me my experience and credentials were pretty much perfect and better than the caliber of resume's he generally sees for this job. In fact, he said I'd be a perfect fit. I received a call to set up an interview with 3 managers.

That interview was awkward and strange. It was clear from the type of questions they asked they had no scope of understanding of my experience. It was clear I was grossly overqualified for the job, however that was not a concern of mine.

Even though I was overqualified, the response back to me was I was not adequately qualified. When I asked for more feedback or if there was some training I could do to become more qualified, I was told this group would never hire me and if any further jobs came up with that specific group, I would not be considered.

I really believe they are a great company and one I would love to work for, however, this experience was not good.

Interview Questions

• What do you like least about working in an office environment.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Recruiter interview
    Phone interview
    Face to face interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got more than I asked so accepted without negotiation

Integration Consultant - Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online on Jan 4th, received an email from the hiring manager on the 9th to setup an interview, we scheduled an interview for the 15th. It was more of a casual meeting than an interview, which I enjoyed very much.

Interview Questions

Was considering another offer at the time. Honestly, I regret declining. It's a great company