Ultimate Software Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL).

Interview

- Background and experience screening with HR
- 2 technical interviews by phone and online coding tests
- On-site 5 round interview with several teams and various number of people. These varied from being very technical whiteboard type interviews, to more verbal and experience oriented interviews.

Interview Questions

• - A lot of object oriented programming questions.
    - A lot of full stack domain knowledge questions (REST, APIs, JSON, html, css, javascript, frameworks, etc)
    - Problem solving questions such as ordering algorithms and sorting algorithms, and time complexity questions.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ultimate Software

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

The process is painfully slow. I applied online and got a call next day from one of their recruiters. We scheduled a code test for the next week and she got back to me with a good feedback next day and told me to expect a second round of interviews. Didn't hear from them for a month, then schedule a phone interview which was more to review some of my background with a team lead. An onsite round of interviews was scheduled 2 weeks after this. I had 4 onsite interviews and tour of their headquarters, which is not quite Google but it is a great collaborative and creative environment. It was one very technical interview with some oop concept questions, whiteboard algorithms and different questions about what the output of a specific would be. The other 3 interviews, was one with the director of the department that was more personality, and 2 group interviews one with the team leads and another one with the integration managers, both a combination of technical, personality and experience, mostly questions about past experiences.

Interview Questions

• I didn't feel any question was very hard. I would say the hardest part was the code test. They give you a console application with the main method complete and tell you what they expect back when it runs. You have to create all of the classes for it. They are looking for you to use your oop concepts. I was just nervous between the time and having someone watching me code every single line.   Answer Question

The company culture is great and I would recommend it to anyone. But we couldn't reach an agreement, since their offer wouldn't cover my cost of living increase, since I was relocating and their relocation package is not great. I was upset at the fact that we were just $5,000 away from each other and they didn't wanted to increase the offer. Especially since what I was asking for is within their glassdoor salary range and the salary range for the area. That was my only negative about the process, otherwise if in the future if they come back with a better offer I would take it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in December 2010.

Interview

Talked to the recruiter on the phone for about 1/2 hour before setting up and on-site. The on-site interview consisted of a skill test and 3 group interviews. Not a bad way to get to meet a lot of potential co-workers but it also didn't allow much of a chance to get to know anyone or styles.

After that day I had to wait a little long for the results.

Interview Questions

• No specific question was especially harder but I had a group interview with 6 people at once.   1 Answer