Ultimate Software

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Tier II Support Engineer Interview

Weston, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ultimate Software in November 2011.

Interview Details – Basically, the hiring manager was also the technical manager. He did a walk-through of the working group and sat me down with a tech lead for a technical knowledge review. Once signed-off on by the tech lead, the hiring/tech manger also did a one-on-one technical knowledge review. He let me know that they would be conducting other interviews and would call back if interested. They called back a couple of days later and made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Know how to do a SQL Trace and explain everything that's happeing in the trace.   View Answer
  • What is a DPM Server and what does it do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told that I would take $60,000 (no negotiation) and after 3 months it would be increased to $70,000. But then when I got the paperwork, it was stated that there would be a salary review after 6 months not 3... There was also a clause that made a 3 year commitment to stay in the position if hired.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Ultimate Software

Worked for Ultimate Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ultimate Software Tier II Support Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Ultimate Software employees and interview candidates.