Ultimate Software Tier II Support Engineer Interview Questions

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Tier II Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

Basically, the hiring manager was also the technical manager. He did a walk-through of the working group and sat me down with a tech lead for a technical knowledge review. Once signed-off on by the tech lead, the hiring/tech manger also did a one-on-one technical knowledge review. He let me know that they would be conducting other interviews and would call back if interested. They called back a couple of days later and made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Know how to do a SQL Trace and explain everything that's happeing in the trace.   1 Answer
  • What is a DPM Server and what does it do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told that I would take $60,000 (no negotiation) and after 3 months it would be increased to $70,000. But then when I got the paperwork, it was stated that there would be a salary review after 6 months not 3... There was also a clause that made a 3 year commitment to stay in the position if hired.