Ultra Electronics

2.9

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ultra Electronics.

Received phone call from job application site and was brought it for the job interview. Typically this includes someone from management and the heads of possible departments that the candidate would be able to fit into. A verbal battery of questions will be asked of the candidate and a close door meeting will be head after they leave to see if they qualify knowledge-wise and if they can be placed into a department.

Interview Questions
    Phone call, state what you are looking for, and the company will decide what they can give you.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ultra Electronics.

Very informal. There are some standard technical questions but it will depend upon who does the interview. Getting a connection with those conducting the interview is the most important.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to be doing in 5 years?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Barely any actually testing to see if I'm qualified

Interview Questions
    We will offer you $40k a year because we know you live with your parents and need to pay off students loans. "hey at least you are in your field".

Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ultra Electronics in February 2011.

HR sent packet in the mail

To many negative reviews

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ultra Electronics in March 2010.

Three hour Q&A about previous employment and company aspirations.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your boss asked you to do something that you considered unethical?   Answer Question

Associate Engineer/Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ultra Electronics in January 2009.

A few logistical puzzles and general programming background questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it attitude towards newly graduated student.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenford, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ultra Electronics in July 2014.

I was called by a recruiter for the role and they submitted my CV to a consultancy. I was then interviewed by telephone where the interviewer just went through my CV. I arrived at the site to have a face-to-face interview. I couldn't find a parking space and there were no visitors parking. One of the building contractors said I could use his space and I went into the building. The reception staff were extremely rude about me using his empty space and told me I had to move my car. When I asked where I could park they pointed vaguely. After looking around the estate I could not find a parking space so I phoned up the interviewer and told him that I was canceling.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenford, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ultra Electronics in July 2014.

- Original intro through an agent
    - 2 step interview process plus psychometric and numerical and verbal reasoning tests
    - 1st interview explored technical depth - interviewer had good technique and it was a structured interview
    - 2nd interview was poorly structured with 3 senior staff all differing in opinion of the job description and therefore unable to clearly communicate it, it also differed to the job description and title sent to me prior to the interviews.
    - 2nd interview questioning lacked depth and purpose to understand the candidates experience and background, I had to volunteer to state why I wanted the job.
    - My perception was that the interviewers were not experienced in interview technique
    - I came away from the 2nd interview not wanting role
    - lucky because I was not offered position
    - However no feedback provided at all from either first or second interview
    - As others have mentioned parking on site is very difficult

Graduate Electronic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenford, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ultra Electronics in February 2014.

The first stage was a CV and cover letter.

I was called for an phone interview within 2 weeks of applicaitons.

Phone interview had standard competency questions:

Why do you want to work for Ultra

Tell us a time when...

I can't remember the other questions

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were not difficult as such,

This was my first interview so I was nervous and froze at times.

Also it is not a race to answer the question quickly, it is ok if you take a minute or two to think of an well thought out answer!!

Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ultra Electronics in March 2010.

Good process. I was kept informed regularly of the status of my application and interview. I was interviewed by the BU Manager, HR Manager and Senior PM.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had a serious problem on your Project and how you successfully resolved it.   Answer Question