Umpqua Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2014

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Umpqua Bank in June 2014.

I was contacted fairly quick and set up an interview the following day. I arrived about fifteen minutes early and waited until he was ready. I was interviewed by three different people. They had a few sheets of paper stapled together on the table with interview questions to ask, which seemed unorganized and unprofessional. I was asked the same questions multiple times by the different interviewers, which was very repetitive. It seemed rushed and I had a feeling in the end that I didn't get the job. The manager said he would let me know either way the following week, and I was never notified. It would have been nice to know instead of waiting for a call that never happened.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were pretty basic, seeing as they printed them beforehand, probably from an online source. Best/worst customer service experience, mistake you made and how you learned from it, name a time you went above and beyond what was expected, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Umpqua Bank in May 2014.

I was contacted within a day or two after applying online. The interview was long, they asked many repetitive questions about past experiences and customer service. It lasted almost an hour. The interviewers (2) were great, dealing with the new structure of the interview process, but I was never notified of having reached the next level or not. Even if it's bad news, it's nice to get notice. If you do make it to the next step, you do interview with two more people, and possibly two more after that.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly they ask for many examples about dealing with customers, going beyond expectation, difficult situations, mediating, etc. Just the sheer amount of questions is overwhelming.   Answer Question

Vice President - Commercial Relationship Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Umpqua Bank in March 2014.

The interview process is multi-step. A recruiter first screens you in a detailed phone interview. The next step is an interview with several managers. If you are called back, there is a final interview with a hiring manager. I found out they had hired someone else via an email, which I found surprising. A phone call would have been nice.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Umpqua Bank in July 2011.

5 interviews total, including the first one being a phone interview, one peer interview, and an interview with a credit manager. The people seem friendly, mostly. It depends on the location. Some locations are great, and some are full of sarcastic unfriendly and very unhappy people. This seems to be the case in locations that were acquired predominantly.

Interview Questions
    • Some hiring managers give accounting quizzes meant to see whether or not you can accept criticism of your work, and how responsive you are to being taught.   View Answer
    There is a little bit of room for negotiation, but Umpqua is notoriously stingy with lower level employees.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eureka, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eureka, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Umpqua Bank in April 2010.

The initial interview was with the Human Resource Department to make sure I had the minimum qualification for the position. Next I met the assistant manager (my direct report). My final interview was with the Department Head. HR, called me the next day and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn't doing his/her fair share of the work   View Answer
    It was fair, I negotiated an extra $5K per year.

Assistant Vice President/Commercial Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Umpqua Bank in July 2010.

The process was you interview with five different people from other departments, Senior Management, and maybe a group interview. The want to make sure you would be a perfect fit.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done in your life that you are most pround of?   Answer Question
    N/A

Loan Officer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Umpqua Bank in June 2012.

You must go through 3 interviews with different people in the department. This may be over the phone or in person. The culture is strong, and if you don't fit the culture, you will not succeed and not be hired

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I participated in the phone interview with Umpqua's HR rep. The interview was completely about myself, and had very little to do with the position. During the interview, it was easy to determine that I was either over qualified for the position, or the interviewer had little understanding about the position that was vacant.

Interview Questions
    • All of the interview questions were personal. Ex: "Tell me about yourself".... "Walk me through your resume". The most relevant question that I remember is "Why did you apply for this position?". This was probably the easiest interview that I have ever experienced, almost to the point of being a waste of the HR's time, and my own.   Answer Question

Rover Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salem, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Umpqua Bank in March 2013.

Typically takes four interviews. The first for me was an two on one with the "store" Manager and an associate. The Second was a phone interview. I received an offer the next day and accepted. The whole thing was a bit more involved than that. I interviewed for a job that was being filled by an internal employee, but was given a reference for another job she knew was opening up. A month and a half I was able submit a new application and then was called two weeks later for an interview, a month and half went by and finally got a call asking if I was still interested, I said "yes" and was set up for a phone interview with HR. After that interview HR Called me the next day and offered me the job and if I can start next Monday. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • What are four words that describe you? and When did you go above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    The Rover job is part time which means no more than 29 hrs per week and no benefits. But it's a great foot in the door and you can move up to full time associate within a year... hopefully. $13.00 an hour and I didn't negotiate, take or leave it. I took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Umpqua Bank in August 2012.

Interview process, requires at least 4 interviews before a hiring decision can be made

Interview Questions
    • typical interview questions, behaviroal and situational   Answer Question
    Quick and easy

Worked for Umpqua Bank? Contribute to the Community!