Umpqua Bank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

2.9

Construction Dispersal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Tigard, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

Department manager called me and I scheduled the interview a few days out. Panel interview, three supervisor level and one would be peer. Interview was casual, and by the end very conversational.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Kirkland, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Typical. Conference room, multiple participants, mix of personal and business related questions. A little disingenuous regarding the actual scope of the job. Pleasant and engaging. Adequate time to respond and ask questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed first with manager, who then called in other Associates one at a time - the whole thing took an hour and 45 minutes! There was some repeat questioning doing it that way, but it was kind of nice to get to talk to people individually, to get more of a sense of how they would be to work with. It took forever to get to the second interview, with the area manager. That interview took about 45 minutes and was quite pleasant. No really difficult questions in either interview, mostly standard behavioral questions and open-ended "tell us about your resume." They mostly want to know what kind of person you are - they can teach banking, but they need to know your personality is going to be a good fit for the branch and the culture overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when... You had to make a decision on your own on an important matter, and how you dealt with that... You had to deal with a difficult customer... you had a goal you wanted to reach, and how you achieved it.... Also: How do you deal with mistakes? What are three words your (former) coworkers would use to describe you at work?   Answer Question

Universal Associate II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank.

Interview

I had 3 interviews, plus Recruitor phone interview. Not overly impressed. Area mgr. seemed more like a teen trying to impress me. We had previous employer in common. I found out he embellished his career abit. I later found out he didn't want to hire me. But the mgr. liked me. I was asked abt selling and cold calling. I would be expected to go out. No problems. I'm a very experienced banker. Was not impressed they had a co- worker interview me also.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I took an offer lower than my previous position.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted fairly quick and set up an interview the following day. I arrived about fifteen minutes early and waited until he was ready. I was interviewed by three different people. They had a few sheets of paper stapled together on the table with interview questions to ask, which seemed unorganized and unprofessional. I was asked the same questions multiple times by the different interviewers, which was very repetitive. It seemed rushed and I had a feeling in the end that I didn't get the job. The manager said he would let me know either way the following week, and I was never notified. It would have been nice to know instead of waiting for a call that never happened.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were pretty basic, seeing as they printed them beforehand, probably from an online source. Best/worst customer service experience, mistake you made and how you learned from it, name a time you went above and beyond what was expected, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Spokane, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted within a day or two after applying online. The interview was long, they asked many repetitive questions about past experiences and customer service. It lasted almost an hour. The interviewers (2) were great, dealing with the new structure of the interview process, but I was never notified of having reached the next level or not. Even if it's bad news, it's nice to get notice. If you do make it to the next step, you do interview with two more people, and possibly two more after that.

Interview Questions

• Mostly they ask for many examples about dealing with customers, going beyond expectation, difficult situations, mediating, etc. Just the sheer amount of questions is overwhelming.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process is multi-step. A recruiter first screens you in a detailed phone interview. The next step is an interview with several managers. If you are called back, there is a final interview with a hiring manager. I found out they had hired someone else via an email, which I found surprising. A phone call would have been nice.

Universal Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Tacoma, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

You must interview in front of 4 people, whether it be 2 and 2 or like me.. One interview em with my manager, a phone interview, and then another interview with 2 other managers. They called me 2 days after I applied, I had one interview he first day and all my interviews were done within 5 days of me applying but then I couldn't start for 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, they gave me what I asked for

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Interview

I participated in the phone interview with Umpqua's HR rep. The interview was completely about myself, and had very little to do with the position. During the interview, it was easy to determine that I was either over qualified for the position, or the interviewer had little understanding about the position that was vacant.

Interview Questions

• All of the interview questions were personal. Ex: "Tell me about yourself".... "Walk me through your resume". The most relevant question that I remember is "Why did you apply for this position?". This was probably the easiest interview that I have ever experienced, almost to the point of being a waste of the HR's time, and my own.   Answer Question

Universal Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank.

Interview

Multi-stage interviewing process. Interview with store manager, district manager, Lead Associate, etc. Very lengthy but mostly because interviewing process is also a sales pitch for culture.

Interview Questions

• Questions are pretty generic but it is helpful to read CEO's book   Answer Question

Negotiation

Dependent on employment referral. If you are referred by another manager, that manager can negotiate on your behalf. Otherwise you will be told there is no negotiation, and salaries are determined by policy (untrue)