Umpqua Bank Interview Questions in Portland, OR

Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed first with manager, who then called in other Associates one at a time - the whole thing took an hour and 45 minutes! There was some repeat questioning doing it that way, but it was kind of nice to get to talk to people individually, to get more of a sense of how they would be to work with. It took forever to get to the second interview, with the area manager. That interview took about 45 minutes and was quite pleasant. No really difficult questions in either interview, mostly standard behavioral questions and open-ended "tell us about your resume." They mostly want to know what kind of person you are - they can teach banking, but they need to know your personality is going to be a good fit for the branch and the culture overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when... You had to make a decision on your own on an important matter, and how you dealt with that... You had to deal with a difficult customer... you had a goal you wanted to reach, and how you achieved it.... Also: How do you deal with mistakes? What are three words your (former) coworkers would use to describe you at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted fairly quick and set up an interview the following day. I arrived about fifteen minutes early and waited until he was ready. I was interviewed by three different people. They had a few sheets of paper stapled together on the table with interview questions to ask, which seemed unorganized and unprofessional. I was asked the same questions multiple times by the different interviewers, which was very repetitive. It seemed rushed and I had a feeling in the end that I didn't get the job. The manager said he would let me know either way the following week, and I was never notified. It would have been nice to know instead of waiting for a call that never happened.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were pretty basic, seeing as they printed them beforehand, probably from an online source. Best/worst customer service experience, mistake you made and how you learned from it, name a time you went above and beyond what was expected, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in May 2011.

Interview

Received 2 phone calls asking for general information. 1 in-person interview with the team. The group interview was intimidating but mainly asked questions to see general interest in the industry and to determine fit.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you provided leadership Give an example of an obstacle that you had to overcome What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Private Bank Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in July 2010.

Interview

The job was posted and said that they wanted 10 years of wealth management experience. Then it turned out to be more of an entry level position. I guess they were looking for someone who had been internal or a brokers assistant...? not sure.

Mortgage Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in January 2010.

Interview

They make you get interviewed by 3 people before you can be hired. Often times they ask you the same basic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in January 2010.

Interview

Must interview with four people with the company at minimum. Consisted of one-on-one interviews, group interviews, and phone interviews (when from a different location). Ask situational questions that are largely customer service based. The company seems to value the personality of the employee more than the previous skills since they believe that they can train the individual to complete the operational side.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had an angry customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question