Umpqua Bank Interview Questions in Portland, OR

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Universal Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Umpqua Bank in June 2014.

I was contacted fairly quick and set up an interview the following day. I arrived about fifteen minutes early and waited until he was ready. I was interviewed by three different people. They had a few sheets of paper stapled together on the table with interview questions to ask, which seemed unorganized and unprofessional. I was asked the same questions multiple times by the different interviewers, which was very repetitive. It seemed rushed and I had a feeling in the end that I didn't get the job. The manager said he would let me know either way the following week, and I was never notified. It would have been nice to know instead of waiting for a call that never happened.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were pretty basic, seeing as they printed them beforehand, probably from an online source. Best/worst customer service experience, mistake you made and how you learned from it, name a time you went above and beyond what was expected, etc.   Answer Question

Mortgage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Umpqua Bank in January 2010.

They make you get interviewed by 3 people before you can be hired. Often times they ask you the same basic questions.

Universal Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took a day - interviewed at Umpqua Bank in January 2010.

Must interview with four people with the company at minimum. Consisted of one-on-one interviews, group interviews, and phone interviews (when from a different location). Ask situational questions that are largely customer service based. The company seems to value the personality of the employee more than the previous skills since they believe that they can train the individual to complete the operational side.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had an angry customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Private Bank Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Umpqua Bank in July 2010.

The job was posted and said that they wanted 10 years of wealth management experience. Then it turned out to be more of an entry level position. I guess they were looking for someone who had been internal or a brokers assistant...? not sure.

Interview Questions

Worked for Umpqua Bank? Contribute to the Community!