Uncle Julio's Hacienda Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Uncle Julio's Hacienda

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda.

Did application at 10p got a call at 3p next day for interview for the day after. Went at 2:30 got told come back for another interview following day. Hopefully I get this!

It was pretty easy

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda in August 2014.

Went in and talked to The General Manager, he seemed a bit desparate so I was a bit apprehensive to apply. That was a sign to me that it was not worth it.

Interview Questions

Not a good company to work for

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda.

pretty chill and accepting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda in August 2013.

Found the job on Cragslist, applied, got a call the next day to come in for an interview. Hired on the spot within 10 minutes. Very easy, maybe because it was a new store that opens in October 2013. It was fairly easy, and the lady was very cool, me and my sister got the job there so we will both be serving!

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, just told her what days I wanted off and she was fine with that

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda.

The interview process is pretty draining. The GM is really nice though and he will talk a lot so it's not too gruling on the questions. All the managers are really nice but might seem a little intimidating at first, but that will soon pass once you get to know them personally.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? - very broad and was kind of caught off gaurd by this simple ?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda in February 2013.

Applied online and was called in a day after for an interview. The process was really easy and quick. I talked with the assistant manager who was very friendly and nice. She hired me at the spot.
    While working there I noticed how other people get the job. They apply online and then they come in the restaurant asking to talk to a manager. So they do a follow up and introduce themselves . If the manager likes you they ll take your name and you ll get a call back from the gm.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions.tell me about yourself ?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda in July 2012.

Applied as a walk-in. They liked seeing that I had a resume but interviewed from the application that I filled out. (By the way, I tried to just drop off my resume and was kindly told that they like to sit down with every applicant after a "yes, we're hiring" and you've filled out an application)

Waited an hour before talking to manager during what looked like a slow period (245 pm or so) but the hostess was very kind. The bartender even offered me a beverage. I think his name was Dominick. That's when I realized this might be a place where people look out for each other.

The interviewer, whom I guess was a manager, looked rushed and irritated that they had to sit down with me--but when we started actually talking, he/she was very delightful (I guess there was a bit of back-of -the-house stress at the time)

I wanted to boast about my experience but I was quickly silenced by their distaste and concern regarding "years of experience" which means I have "bad habits". I took this to mean that hey appreciate experience, but you must be teachable since their training is extensive. He/she continued on about what their concept is all about and what they expect from their employees. Basically, they asked very little about me--I barely talked except to acknowledge my understanding of certain ideas.

By the end, about 15 minutes, I motivated. I was ready to start movin' and groovin'- and learning everything I could about Tex-Mex and Uncle Julio's. I think they noticed this, took note of it, and told me to wait.

The General manager came back instead, shook my hand, and asked me a few more personality/work ethic type questions and I was hired on the spot.

Funny how they just wanted me to know who they were and I ended up getting what I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • A guest says mentions that-after browsing through the menu-this place seems overpriced. Even though you know little about us, what do you think you might say in that situation?   View Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda in April 2011.

I went into the interview not really expecting to get it but, surprisingly I got the job. I was interviewed with one other girl and the general manager asked the basic personal questions and then asked why I wanted the job. It was my first job and the manager was very accepting of it and I ended up getting the job.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda in August 2009.

applied for a job in person at the bar, and received a call from the floor manager a week later to interview. Met with him and then the General Manager - another 2 times. the GM only could sit in 10 minute increments. It was a pleasant process, but irritating.

Interview Questions
    • “Why Should I hire you to take care of my guests instead of somebody else?"   View Answer
    Training starts next week.