Uncle Julio's Hacienda Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2015

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Uncle Julio's Hacienda

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Woodbridge, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was pretty easy, that just asked simple questions. I walked in and sat at a table for a while waiting for them to call me to be interviewed. Then, during the interview process the manager asked me some questions about why I wanted to work there and about my life (college, where I went to high school etc.) Then I was offered the job on the spot and made an appointment to fill out my necessary paperwork.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in to the Plymouth meeting location and happened to know the bartender from a previous job I worked. I met the GM and we talked for a bit and I go in Thursday to fill out my paperwork. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Woodbridge, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with an office manager a week or so after filling out an online application. I was asked some pretty standard interview questions, like "Tell me about a difficult customer you've dealt with in the past". I think the interview was a formality, and the real process was the week of training.

Interview Questions

• How did you like the (previous line of work) industry?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda.

Interview

Did application at 10p got a call at 3p next day for interview for the day after. Went at 2:30 got told come back for another interview following day. Hopefully I get this!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was pretty easy

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda in August 2014.

Interview

Went in and talked to The General Manager, he seemed a bit desparate so I was a bit apprehensive to apply. That was a sign to me that it was not worth it.

Interview Questions

Not a good company to work for

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda.

Interview

pretty chill and accepting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Orland Park, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Found the job on Cragslist, applied, got a call the next day to come in for an interview. Hired on the spot within 10 minutes. Very easy, maybe because it was a new store that opens in October 2013. It was fairly easy, and the lady was very cool, me and my sister got the job there so we will both be serving!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, just told her what days I wanted off and she was fine with that

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda.

Interview

The interview process is pretty draining. The GM is really nice though and he will talk a lot so it's not too gruling on the questions. All the managers are really nice but might seem a little intimidating at first, but that will soon pass once you get to know them personally.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? - very broad and was kind of caught off gaurd by this simple ?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Boca Raton, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was called in a day after for an interview. The process was really easy and quick. I talked with the assistant manager who was very friendly and nice. She hired me at the spot.
    While working there I noticed how other people get the job. They apply online and then they come in the restaurant asking to talk to a manager. So they do a follow up and introduce themselves . If the manager likes you they ll take your name and you ll get a call back from the gm.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions.tell me about yourself ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Atlanta, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied as a walk-in. They liked seeing that I had a resume but interviewed from the application that I filled out. (By the way, I tried to just drop off my resume and was kindly told that they like to sit down with every applicant after a "yes, we're hiring" and you've filled out an application)

Waited an hour before talking to manager during what looked like a slow period (245 pm or so) but the hostess was very kind. The bartender even offered me a beverage. I think his name was Dominick. That's when I realized this might be a place where people look out for each other.

The interviewer, whom I guess was a manager, looked rushed and irritated that they had to sit down with me--but when we started actually talking, he/she was very delightful (I guess there was a bit of back-of -the-house stress at the time)

I wanted to boast about my experience but I was quickly silenced by their distaste and concern regarding "years of experience" which means I have "bad habits". I took this to mean that hey appreciate experience, but you must be teachable since their training is extensive. He/she continued on about what their concept is all about and what they expect from their employees. Basically, they asked very little about me--I barely talked except to acknowledge my understanding of certain ideas.

By the end, about 15 minutes, I motivated. I was ready to start movin' and groovin'- and learning everything I could about Tex-Mex and Uncle Julio's. I think they noticed this, took note of it, and told me to wait.

The General manager came back instead, shook my hand, and asked me a few more personality/work ethic type questions and I was hired on the spot.

Funny how they just wanted me to know who they were and I ended up getting what I wanted.

Interview Questions

• A guest says mentions that-after browsing through the menu-this place seems overpriced. Even though you know little about us, what do you think you might say in that situation?   1 Answer