Under Armour Interview Questions

2.6

Not Answered Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed with Under Armour and after a lengthy phone interview, I was asked to do a video interview. The video interview is extremely akward as you sit there staring at and talking to yourself in the camera (there is no one on the other end). I dressed professionally, even though I was sitting in my living room, and took my time completing the interview. After that, I never heard back. I sent 3 follow up emails over a period of months, and left a phone message, but my "recruiter" could not be bothered to send a 2-second email response. I spoke to another one of my former co-workers today, and she had the same experience. There is NO reason in this day and age of emailing, texting, etc. that any company should treat a candidate that way, blatantly ignoring them as if they are not a person and not worthy of even a canned email after investing time in the interview process. I am ok with not getting an offer, as I only want to work for companies that deliver quality candidate experiences and the highest level of customer service. Needless to say, I only buy Nike, Adidas or Champion these days!

Lead BA Interview

I had a phone screen, then a hire vue interview. I was told that the manager wanted to meet with me for a panel interview. The recruiter ask for times and days and availability which I provided. I followed up twice after that the recruiter never got back with me. Highly unprofessional.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Under Armour in November 2013.

Completed application process online. Received confirmation email that my application had been received and would be reviewed. Was contacted via telephone by HR business partner to complete an initial phone screening. Upon successfully completing phone screening, attended an in-person interview with senior member of store management. Invited to attend a follow up interview with additional members of senior management. Attended an information session with current managers and applicants.

Brand Ambassador/REP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Under Armour.

Strangest interview process ever. I initially applied for a REP position, but got an email a month later saying I was to complete a video interview for a Brand Ambassador position. I was confused, but thought, why not? Three weeks later, I got an email saying that they wanted to fly me out to Baltimore to interview me for the Brand Ambassador/REP role (not specifying which one). 20 people flew out and we were all equally as confused, seeing as a large majority of us didn't speak to an actual human being prior to going to Baltimore, and just had completed the video interview. The 2 day trip consisted of a mix and mingle with several senior individuals at Under Armour (which kicked off on a good note seeing as the senior individuals really paid attention to who we were and what our backgrounds where). The next day was a series of panel interviews (usually 1 candidate per 2-3 UA employees), and a group presentation. We were told that we would get a solid yes/no within a week. I was rejected via automated, generic email over 5 weeks later. One of the people they hired from the group has "Band Embassador at Under Armour" as their title on LinkedIn. Another person had no sports, retail, fashion, or customer service experience. Former D1 athletes, retail merchandising majors, and those with team sports backgrounds were not hired. Not sure what they were looking for in this role/roles, but it clearly wasn't individuals with valuable experience and a knowledge of common spelling. The lack of response after being flown out to Baltimore was appalling and extremely unprofessional from a company that myself, and many others, hold to such high standards.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Under Armour in August 2013.

Very innovative video hire process! It is a little uncomfortable but I like the opportunity for them to see me and hear me before they decide yea or nay!

Interview Questions
    Get what you're worth up front, but do your homework and know the going rates for your area.

Inventory Control Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Under Armour.

I applied online at the Under Armour website.I then received an e-mail about 2 weeks later asking me if I was still interested in the position. After replied I "yes", I received a phone call the same day about setting up an on-site interview. I went to the interview, and checked my email when I got back home saying that they needed a Background check and Drug Screen in order for me to start work.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer working with a team or alone.   View Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Under Armour in December 2013.

Applied in mid-November of 2013, and I didn't get a call until early December- so the initial communication process took a couple of weeks. I got a call from the hiring manager, and she wanted to set up an interview but I was in college out of town at the time and hadn't come home for break yet. So she suggested we go a phone interview the next week. When we did the interview she asked me three simple questions and hired me on the spot, without even meeting me. After that it took 3 weeks for me to even begin working because it took quite some time to get my employee numbers in to begin work. Overall it was a very easy process- just took some time.

Interview Questions
    • Where have you had the best customer service experience?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation with my pay or anything like that. My manager just told me what was going to happen- and I listened and agreed. But they were very generous with the pay- especially as a seasonal associate among a large team of workers. I graciously took $8.50/hour, no questions asked.

Executive Level Position Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Under Armour in May 2014.

I've been contacted by UA more than once in regards to a position. Apparently the same role has turned over multiple times in a few short years. On both occasions, multiple people reached out to me the same week to schedule a call. On the first occasion, I was told I make too much and then they moved on. On the next occasion, someone called me fifteen minutes late for the interview, we had a 10 minutes conversation, they said the would follow up and months later they still hadn't. I have colleagues that have also interviewed at UA. They all complain about lack of communication and timing whether they were hired or not.

Interview Questions
    • It's obvious they don't have a standard process for vetting candidates at a senior level. Neither time were they equipped to ask me anything relevant other than comp history.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Under Armour in March 2014.

Submitted resume via website. Had a phone interview with talent acquisition manager which led to phone interview with hiring manager which then led to on-site interview. On-site seemed to go well, but never heard back one way or the other even after 3 - 4 e-mails asking about where the process was.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how active noise cancellation works.   View Answer

Helpdesk Interview

The interview was not an in person interview but was rather a video-recorded interview. There were 5 questions presented and you would take a video recording of yourself answering the question. it was pretty simple but very awkward since you are not really talking to anybody. I would honestly prefer an in-person interview. I thought I did pretty good but I didn't ever get a call back.

Interview Questions

Worked for Under Armour? Contribute to the Community!