Under Armour

49 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

N/A Interview

Interviewed at Under Armour

Interview Details – The "Talent Acquisition Manager" doesn't know how to do her job. Her job is to seek and attract the most qualified candidates yet, as reputable as you may be, she ignores you. HireVue is explained as being an "innovative" tool. You know what's innovative? PICKING UP THE PHONE. Holding qualified candidates at an arms length has put an incredibly bad taste in my mouth. What do you think I'll say when someone asks my opinion of the company? Negative word-of-mouth is a real killer. "Be humble. Say hungry." You're not humble in the least and your hunger is greed.

Store Manager Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Under Armour.

Interview Details – Very detailed. You need to show passion and a large interest in the brand

Interview Question – You need to really network in order to succeed within the company and support the company values   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy, but you really need to be flexible on training locations

Women's Design Rookie Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Under Armour.

Interview Details – I applied online, received an email that I got a "virtual" interview. I think they weren't very stingy with the interview offers because the two other people I know who applied also got an interview. But the actual interview was pre-recorded, so you could do it on your own time and UA could watch it on their own time. The problem was that it was really hard to sit and talk to yourself to answer a question. You don't realize how much you rely on the other person's conversational ques to keep you talking cohesively. I kind of didn't know when to stop. So the questions weren't actually hard, it was just the awkward delivery that made it tricky.

Interview Question – Talk about a time you were a part of a team and how you overcame a challenge.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Under Armour in December 2013.

Interview Details – First, I had to do the HireVue virtual interview where I video recorded my answers to pretty basic interview questions. That part of the process was actually kind of cool. Then, about a month later, I was contacted by the recruiter for an in-person interview. I received my itinerary for the day which included interviews for 8 hours with 12 different people. They bought me lunch, which I didn't get to eat since I was interrogated the entire time. I was grateful I didn't have to use the bathroom at any point in the day because 1. I was never told where it was if I needed it and 2. I never had a break between interviews.

Despite the extreme difficulty of the interview, I thought it went pretty well. The strangest part was how each interviewer basically told me how to impress the next interviewer. Kind of an odd experience overall. Don't expect the process to move quickly.

Also, I never received anything telling me I didn’t get the job, and the hiring manager ignored my emails. So, overall, not a pleasant experience.

Interview Question – Walk step by step through how you would design and distribute a printed newsletter.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Swan Creek, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Under Armour in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, I knew the manager so she contacted me to come in for the interview. Had a group interview with 4 other candidates. All were offered the job on the spot

Interview Question – What sports do you play?
Whats the most exciting thing you've done in your life?
How are you in situations where a customer may not be happy with you? How do you handle it.
  Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Jackson, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Under Armour in January 2013.

Interview Details – The process was extremely efficient and controlled. Overall it was an enjoyable experience I interviewed with a peer, District Manager and Regional VP. In total it took a little under three weeks. The thing I took away most from all the interviews was everyone I spoke to was honest about the company and the store as well as the potential for future opportunities.

Interview Question – All very basic questions about leadership style and experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation required. Initial offer was fair.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Manager Interview

Associate Manager
Burbank, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Under Armour in September 2013.

Interview Details – I went into the Job fair so I didn't have very much of an interview. I sat down and talked with the store manager and district manager and they were both very nice. They wanted to get to know me, what my work experiences were, and my life long aspirations.

Interview Question – Didn't really have any, didn't even feel like an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations were provided, you got the starting costs

Assistant Designer Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Under Armour in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was invited to interview at the Baltimore HQ after I e-mailed my materials to someone directly. (I had received contact information after a long while of stalking my alumni database for new employer entries) The first interview went very well. Everyone seemed very enthusiastic to be there and excited to meet with me. I had to take a test after a day of interviews and worried that my lunch-deprived brain didn't do so well. I received another e-mail from HR a month later that invited me back to meet with some more people. It seemed that the interviewers consistently wondered if I should be interested in a different position at the company and even introduced me to another team--seemingly ignoring my actual interest in the position I was interviewing for.

This time, I found myself easily flustered and did not answer questions to the best of my ability. I will definitely continue to apply for positions with the company as I have really only heard great things from friends that work there and am hoping that maybe the interviewers were onto something when they told me I need to be on another team there.

Interview Question – Where else have you been applying for jobs?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Baltimore, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Under Armour in December 2013.

Interview Details – Used HireVue on demand video interview. 8 questions. One was multiple choice regarding whether willing to relocate. Pretty straight forward. Why do you want to work for Under Armour? Tell us about your current position. Do you accept risk? What have you done that was challenging? What did you do to change someone's opinion of something?

Interview Question – What did you do to change someone's opinion of something?   Answer Question

SAP SD Analyst Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Under Armour.

Interview Details – Got a video interview to answer 6 questions about my experience and the job. Did not go past this stage. Believe they selected other candidates.

Interview Question – Did not get there.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Under Armour

Worked for Under Armour? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Under Armour interview questions and advice. All 49 interview reviews posted anonymously by Under Armour employees and interview candidates.