Under Armour Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.7

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Under Armour (Baltimore, MD) in March 2008.

Interview

Call from recruiter, breif interview.

Spoke to hiring manager and was offered opportunity to come in for face to face interview.

Came in and interviewed with 5 people from different departments.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Under Armour in May 2010.

Interview

I was first interviewed over the phone for a pre screening then i had a face to face with the District manager, and after that I had a phone interview with the VP of retail. After that I waited for the background check to clear and took a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer, how did you handle it, and what was the result.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Under Armour (Baltimore, MD) in February 2009.

Interview

Interview process was like moving up a chain of command all the way to the top.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Under Armour.

Interview

Several visits to campus. Well hosted and communicated

Interview Questions

• What will you accomplish I your first 100 days   1 Answer

Negotiation

Good discussions. Willing to talk based on my experience but not a lot of negotiation

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bliss, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Under Armour (Fort Bliss, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Being that it's such an innovative company they seek people that can bring strong work ethic and dedication to the team. Positive attitude and the will to win are a must.

Interview Questions

• What is it that you do to elevate your game and how do you plan on making our team stronger?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They find the perfect fit for you right off the jump. Trust that they'll offer what's best for you. The company is great!

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Under Armour (Baltimore, MD) in December 2013.

Interview

First, I had to do the HireVue virtual interview where I video recorded my answers to pretty basic interview questions. That part of the process was actually kind of cool. Then, about a month later, I was contacted by the recruiter for an in-person interview. I received my itinerary for the day which included interviews for 8 hours with 12 different people. They bought me lunch, which I didn't get to eat since I was interrogated the entire time. I was grateful I didn't have to use the bathroom at any point in the day because 1. I was never told where it was if I needed it and 2. I never had a break between interviews.

Despite the extreme difficulty of the interview, I thought it went pretty well. The strangest part was how each interviewer basically told me how to impress the next interviewer. Kind of an odd experience overall. Don't expect the process to move quickly.

Also, I never received anything telling me I didn’t get the job, and the hiring manager ignored my emails. So, overall, not a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Walk step by step through how you would design and distribute a printed newsletter.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Under Armour in January 2015.

Interview

A college recruiter came to my school. Soon after I submitted an application and awhile after got selected to do a "hire view". I believe it did pretty well and actually saw a recruiter for UA look at my profile. My application is still pending so I am still waiting for an answer. (I had to click "yes, no, or declined offer" and I believe in speaking things into existence so I selected yes…So here's hoping!)

Interview Questions

• It was something along the lines of "How has technology benefitted you in a job/task"   1 Answer

Summer League Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Under Armour (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was an automated process with pretty recorded questions via HireVue. The interview itself is not overly difficult, as they give you practice questions to warm up with, however, the practice could give you a false sense of security and make your interview less professional. They seem awfully nice, but they are extremely critical of the interviews and so you should have practiced before you begin the process.

Also it is awkward to speak into a camera when you can see yourself in the peripherals, so practice looking into the Webcam and speaking clearly to simulate you looking directly at the interviewer. Resist the urge to look at yourself or look away too often.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you used technology to accomplish a difficult task.   Answer Question

Assistant Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Under Armour.

Interview

I had a casual talk followed by a first round skype interview which went very well. The back and forth was personable. After receiving an invitation for a face to face interview things went downhill. The HR person I had been expecting was not there, they didn't keep to schedule it was as if no one knew who I was or that they were expected to interview me at all so I was moved from room to room unsure who I was going to see and when.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Under Armour (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a grueling processes, with several levels of interviews. First was getting through the piles of resumes, next was an hour long phone call with the HR recruiter in charge of the department you were looking to get into (Marketing, in this case), then an hour long phone call with current Executive Assistant. If you make that cut, you are asked back to an 8 hour interview on UA's campus. You meet with a new person every 30 minutes, and are usually asked roughly the same questions. A few of the interviewers met with me together, panel style. Once I finished that, I was asked back the very next day (unusual, they were trying to hire very quickly in this case) to meet the executive they wished for me to support. I then spent an hour with him one-on-one. After that, I received a phone call a few days later that I had gotten the job from the HR recruiter I had originally spoken to. The largest part of the interview process was seeing if I was a "culture fit." Being athletic, tall, well-spoken, and young, I was what I later learned "a perfect culture fit." Unfortunately they do a lot of candidate editing based on whether or not you'll fit well, not just personality wise, but aesthetically.

Interview Questions

• How to do you embody the Under Armour lifestyle?   1 Answer