Under Armour Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.6

Associate Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Under Armour.

The process was a little different considering that when I applied it was for a store that was opened yet. I interviewed with the DM and he asked pretty standard questions and made the interview comfortable and personable.

Interview Questions
    I didn't really get to negotiate much and that was my fault, I just really wanted out of my current job. Although I feel as though there is definitely a lot of wiggle room in the company and if you feel like you deserve more it never hurts to ask!

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Under Armour.

Had an initial Hirevue interview (consisted of prerecorded questions and answering them via webcam); felt pretty awkward because I was essentially talking to myself. I thought I blew it but was called back for a Skype interview the next month.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you made a tradeoff between aesthetics and functionality.   Answer Question
    unorganized and slow

Helpdesk Interview

The interview was not an in person interview but was rather a video-recorded interview. There were 5 questions presented and you would take a video recording of yourself answering the question. it was pretty simple but very awkward since you are not really talking to anybody. I would honestly prefer an in-person interview. I thought I did pretty good but I didn't ever get a call back.

Designer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Under Armour.

Long interview process, communicated with many 6 different people that I would potentially work with. Manager was helpful when hiring, was very nice and showed me around campus personally and introduced me to my collegues.

Interview Questions
    • I was not prepared to assess current product lines and pick them apart.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harriman, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harriman, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Under Armour.

A simple interview with mostly HR questions. At the end the interviewee asked me to sell her phone to her.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Under Armour.

Group interview

Interview Questions
    • What was one point in time that you had to do something that broke the rules.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

The "Talent Acquisition Manager" doesn't know how to do her job. Her job is to seek and attract the most qualified candidates yet, as reputable as you may be, she ignores you. HireVue is explained as being an "innovative" tool. You know what's innovative? PICKING UP THE PHONE. Holding qualified candidates at an arms length has put an incredibly bad taste in my mouth. What do you think I'll say when someone asks my opinion of the company? Negative word-of-mouth is a real killer. "Be humble. Say hungry." You're not humble in the least and your hunger is greed.

Not Answered Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed with Under Armour and after a lengthy phone interview, I was asked to do a video interview. The video interview is extremely akward as you sit there staring at and talking to yourself in the camera (there is no one on the other end). I dressed professionally, even though I was sitting in my living room, and took my time completing the interview. After that, I never heard back. I sent 3 follow up emails over a period of months, and left a phone message, but my "recruiter" could not be bothered to send a 2-second email response. I spoke to another one of my former co-workers today, and she had the same experience. There is NO reason in this day and age of emailing, texting, etc. that any company should treat a candidate that way, blatantly ignoring them as if they are not a person and not worthy of even a canned email after investing time in the interview process. I am ok with not getting an offer, as I only want to work for companies that deliver quality candidate experiences and the highest level of customer service. Needless to say, I only buy Nike, Adidas or Champion these days!

Internal Audit Rookie Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Under Armour in February 2011.

I received a quick phone call, was asked a few simple questions and went really smoothly. Was then offered a video conference interview. Spoke to the same man for about half of the video interview and again simple questions and went smoothly. Spoke with two internal audit employees for the second half. I waited about 2 weeks without hearing anything. Emailed and was never responded to. Not very professional.

Interview Questions
    • if we could ask your friends/family for 3 adjectives that describe you what would they say?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edinburgh, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Under Armour in July 2012.

Very informal. I was interviewed in the shoes section of the store. I was seated on a bench and the manager was standing. She didn't have my resume on hand and had to ask me all of my information. I was hired on the spot, with only having to complete a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    I was asked how much experience I have in retail, and then asked what my pay expectations were, and I got what I asked for. I was told I was qualified for the amount I was asking.

Worked for Under Armour? Contribute to the Community!