Under Armour Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.7

Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Under Armour in January 2015.

I Received a link to an online interview.
    You are asked a series of questions and you get some time to prepare to answer and then you get a couple minutes to record your answer using a webcam.
    Admittedly the interview felt a bit weird because you're watching yourself. Also you don't have a person to feed off of, but after a few questions it gets less awkward. After the interview they did reach out to let people know if they were still in the running or not which was really polite of them.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to describe a time when I made a change to help strengthen a team.   Answer Question

Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Under Armour in October 2014.

There was an initial video interview where you record your answers.

Following that I attended a "hiring combine" with about 40 other people. There were 4 sessions you could sign up for.

The interview was very relaxed and we got to meet some higher ups in UA and interview with multiple hiring managers.

It was unlike any interview I have ever had, but it probably ranks #1 as far as interview experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you solved a problem in a unique way?   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Under Armour in July 2014.

I applied online for an Art Director position, and was brought in fairly quickly after a few phone interviews to meet with a panel of 12 people throughout an 8 hour day. A month later, they told me that they were "incredibly impressed" by me, and two different departments thought I would be a good fit for their teams. They left it up to me to decide which department I wanted to continue the conversation with. I decided to continue the process for the original position I applied for online, as it seemed a better fit for my experience and future growth. Over the course of the next 4 months, interviews were cancelled and rescheduled multiple times, with little to minimal notice prior to the cancellations. Communication was difficult to maintain, although every little communication there was proved incredibly positive and encouraging- hence my patience and persistence to stick with it to the end. After multiple follow ups on my end, the team decided I was not the right fit for that particular department at the time, but another department wanted to continue the interview process for yet another position. After a few more interviews within yet another department, and another 2 month waiting period - I informed them of another job offer I was met with a different company - and they stated that they were in no position to make any offers at the moment. TOTAL time invested from start to finish : 8 months and 17 interviews later -- with the final email response being a generic one sentence decline.

All in all, my expectations were incredibly high - and although there were a few incredibly valuable connections I made throughout this process- it is clear that this company is experiencing extreme growing pains.

My advice : be clear and upfront with your specific expectations and expect a lot of investment on your part with little to no regard of your time from their part.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tannersville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tannersville, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Under Armour in March 2015.

Very laid back, very informal. The interviewing manager was very enthusiastic and made me feel at home with my interview. I felt very welcomed just to be there. He was very passionate about his job and tried to make me feel comfortable with possibly working there. He is the main reason I ultimately decided on taking the job. The atmosphere is very nice and I felt from our interview, my skills and passion could help me enhance my skills.

Packer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Under Armour in July 2014.

Very Simple,Easy,Fast,Quick. Not very professional. The Company always seemed to overstaff, and ended up letting go a bunch of people. I Guess it was okay for a first job, would i of done it differently, yes i would of. The Work Area had to AC so it wasnt nice to work in, in the summer.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Under Armour.

The first round of Interview was done via video. There were not so ad because there were practice questions and you were able to start the interview whenever you felt ready. The questions were not bad but be careful with the time. The time limit for each questions were fairly short so I had to cut off a lot.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Under Armour in January 2015.

Short Interview, videos recorded online with fairly simple prompts. Know why you want to work with the company as well as why you will be a good candidate. Know about social media and internet technologies that the company uses.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Under Armour in February 2015.

I had two interviewers, they were intimidating, but overall really nice. I got really nervous when my technical question came up at the end, but besides that I would rate my interview completely fair. My interview was on-site at their new facility in Austin. The office looks amazing. Unfortunately for my interview, the office is under construction still and my interview room got really hot in that small room with the three of us.

Interview Questions
    • Given a set of stock prices, return the profit margin.   Answer Question

MBA Summer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Under Armour.

I did a video recording interview. The entire process lasted less than 30 min. 8 questions, half of them are about team work, which makes me feels that they really put a lot of emphasize on teamwork in the organization. It has been a month but they informed me that they are still under the reviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • In what kind of teams do you think you can work most efficiently ?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Under Armour in January 2015.

A college recruiter came to my school. Soon after I submitted an application and awhile after got selected to do a "hire view". I believe it did pretty well and actually saw a recruiter for UA look at my profile. My application is still pending so I am still waiting for an answer. (I had to click "yes, no, or declined offer" and I believe in speaking things into existence so I selected yes…So here's hoping!)

Interview Questions
    • It was something along the lines of "How has technology benefitted you in a job/task"   View Answer