Under Armour

Average Difficulty
60 candidate interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Under Armour in November 2013.

Interview Details – Completed application process online. Received confirmation email that my application had been received and would be reviewed. Was contacted via telephone by HR business partner to complete an initial phone screening. Upon successfully completing phone screening, attended an in-person interview with senior member of store management. Invited to attend a follow up interview with additional members of senior management. Attended an information session with current managers and applicants.

Brand Ambassador/REP Interview

Brand Ambassador/REP
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Under Armour.

Interview Details – Strangest interview process ever. I initially applied for a REP position, but got an email a month later saying I was to complete a video interview for a Brand Ambassador position. I was confused, but thought, why not? Three weeks later, I got an email saying that they wanted to fly me out to Baltimore to interview me for the Brand Ambassador/REP role (not specifying which one). 20 people flew out and we were all equally as confused, seeing as a large majority of us didn't speak to an actual human being prior to going to Baltimore, and just had completed the video interview. The 2 day trip consisted of a mix and mingle with several senior individuals at Under Armour (which kicked off on a good note seeing as the senior individuals really paid attention to who we were and what our backgrounds where). The next day was a series of panel interviews (usually 1 candidate per 2-3 UA employees), and a group presentation. We were told that we would get a solid yes/no within a week. I was rejected via automated, generic email over 5 weeks later. One of the people they hired from the group has "Band Embassador at Under Armour" as their title on LinkedIn. Another person had no sports, retail, fashion, or customer service experience. Former D1 athletes, retail merchandising majors, and those with team sports backgrounds were not hired. Not sure what they were looking for in this role/roles, but it clearly wasn't individuals with valuable experience and a knowledge of common spelling. The lack of response after being flown out to Baltimore was appalling and extremely unprofessional from a company that myself, and many others, hold to such high standards.

Interview Question – The interview questions were standard and very easy.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Under Armour in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very innovative video hire process! It is a little uncomfortable but I like the opportunity for them to see me and hear me before they decide yea or nay!

Interview Question – What is my perception of a challenge?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Get what you're worth up front, but do your homework and know the going rates for your area.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inventory Control Interview

Inventory Control

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Under Armour.

Interview Details – I applied online at the Under Armour website.I then received an e-mail about 2 weeks later asking me if I was still interested in the position. After replied I "yes", I received a phone call the same day about setting up an on-site interview. I went to the interview, and checked my email when I got back home saying that they needed a Background check and Drug Screen in order for me to start work.

Interview Question – Do you prefer working with a team or alone.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Under Armour in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied in mid-November of 2013, and I didn't get a call until early December- so the initial communication process took a couple of weeks. I got a call from the hiring manager, and she wanted to set up an interview but I was in college out of town at the time and hadn't come home for break yet. So she suggested we go a phone interview the next week. When we did the interview she asked me three simple questions and hired me on the spot, without even meeting me. After that it took 3 weeks for me to even begin working because it took quite some time to get my employee numbers in to begin work. Overall it was a very easy process- just took some time.

Interview Question – Where have you had the best customer service experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation with my pay or anything like that. My manager just told me what was going to happen- and I listened and agreed. But they were very generous with the pay- especially as a seasonal associate among a large team of workers. I graciously took $8.50/hour, no questions asked.

Helpdesk Interview

Helpdesk

Interviewed at Under Armour

Interview Details – The interview was not an in person interview but was rather a video-recorded interview. There were 5 questions presented and you would take a video recording of yourself answering the question. it was pretty simple but very awkward since you are not really talking to anybody. I would honestly prefer an in-person interview. I thought I did pretty good but I didn't ever get a call back.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Under Armour?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Under Armour in March 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted resume via website. Had a phone interview with talent acquisition manager which led to phone interview with hiring manager which then led to on-site interview. On-site seemed to go well, but never heard back one way or the other even after 3 - 4 e-mails asking about where the process was.

Interview Question – Explain how active noise cancellation works.   View Answer

Executive Level Position Interview

Executive Level Position

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Under Armour in May 2014.

Interview Details – I've been contacted by UA more than once in regards to a position. Apparently the same role has turned over multiple times in a few short years. On both occasions, multiple people reached out to me the same week to schedule a call. On the first occasion, I was told I make too much and then they moved on. On the next occasion, someone called me fifteen minutes late for the interview, we had a 10 minutes conversation, they said the would follow up and months later they still hadn't. I have colleagues that have also interviewed at UA. They all complain about lack of communication and timing whether they were hired or not.

Interview Question – It's obvious they don't have a standard process for vetting candidates at a senior level. Neither time were they equipped to ask me anything relevant other than comp history.   Answer Question

ASM Interview

ASM

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Under Armour.

Interview Details – Contacted on LinkedIn twice. after that, I had 2 phone interviews only. One with mith SM and 2nd with DM. SM called me pretty mch 5 mins after 2nd interview to offer me the position and i accepted.

Interview Question – pretty basic. Strengths, Opps and coaching style. Situational questions requiring STAR answers. Tell me about a time you coached someone. Tell me how you have a coaching conversation. Tell me about a time you helped someone improve performance, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Told them I know the salary range but I make way more and have great experience. They met me in the middle. Pretty fair I;d say.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Under Armour.

Interview Details – Had an initial Hirevue interview (consisted of prerecorded questions and answering them via webcam); felt pretty awkward because I was essentially talking to myself. I thought I blew it but was called back for a Skype interview the next month.

Interview Question – Describe a time you made a tradeoff between aesthetics and functionality.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – unorganized and slow

Worked for Under Armour? Contribute to the Community!