Under Armour

Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.7

Cashier Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Under Armour.

I applied online. The next day I was sent an email with regards to attending an info session. My personal interview was two days later. We did two 15-minute interviews and a role play. I was given an offer the next day. It was a quick process since the location is a brand new store that is opening up in the spring.

Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Under Armour.

I filled out an application and then was asked for more information. I then moved on to the digital interview process where I was asked a set of 8 questions and recorded my answers to each using HireVue.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing is overly difficult. They just asked me about my experiences.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Under Armour.

I applied or the position online and I was called a few days later for a group interview at the store, I showed up 15 minutes early but I had to wait a few extra minutes because the manager was running late due to weather. the group interview went well and we were told that we would be contacted by the end of the week to let us know whether or not we got the job. I waited and I was not contacted, I sent a follow up email and I have yet to receive a reply.

Interview Questions
    • pick three words that describe you and out of those three words pick the one that describes you the best and why? Why Under Armour? Why should you get the job? What sports did/do you play?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Under Armour.

The hiring was rather standard. You apply online like most job and then get call back for an interview. The interview was rather simple, very to the point question. The interviewer is very down to earth but straight to the point. Then you hear back in about a week most. Once you get hired you have two weeks of training. Just honestly be yourself and if your an athlete to into fitness the interview will be a breeze.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly can't remember the question I was asked because they were standard.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Under Armour in September 2013.

I applied online and heard back within a few days. Manager was very friendly and invited me for an in person interview. They asked me about school and why I liked UA and what products I liked the most. I was then hired on the spot after meeting with two assistant store managers.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me if I would be able to handle work, school, and a social life.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Under Armour in October 2014.

Filled out an application online and once reviewed got feedback for an online interview about a week later. Completed the online interview consisting of 7 questions asking you fit, culture, etc... Basic high level questions. Within a week or so I received an invitation to interview on campus. Went through a barrage of interviews - I would guess about 9 or 10 interviews that were back to back. Everyone from your future team members to partners. Be prepared to tell them why you are a fit. Received a follow up a week later. The interview was really looking to see if a.) you are who you say you are b.) you fit with the culture and c.) you are comfortable with the tempo in which they are operating.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Standard stuff, but you must be sharp and prepared. The hardest thing was to come off an interview and put yourself back to square one as the next interviewer may be looking for something different of have a different personality. Treat all interviews as a fresh start.   Answer Question

UA Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Under Armour in June 2013.

Interview was very, very relaxed. I knew somebody who worked at UA and asked about a position. A few days later I was called to come in for an interview at the store. I came in WAY overdressed. Me and the branch manager walked around the store, he asked me a few basic questions about myself, and then asked me why I would be a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Everything is pretty much straight-forward and it seemed like the manager was just trying to get a good feel for me. Just come in ready to tell stories about when you have gone above and beyond. Any leadership experience is good experience. Familiarity with the product/sports doesn't hurt either.   Answer Question

Manager Position At Corporate Headquarters Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Under Armour.

Process took 6 weeks. Applied online. Phone interviews with HR then was requested to do online recorded interview where you get 3 practice questions and then you are recorded for 5 questions. You submit this recording via web link and if "they " like what they see/hear you are invited for an in person interview in Baltimore with 7 people from different depts. Each person was more interested in telling me their experience working at UA and asking me what sports I participate in and do I own any products. Meetings were more about them then my background or what I could offer the company in that position. They make it very well known that you will be working long hours and that you should be prepared to do so.

Interview Questions
    • What specific machine stitch type should be used on hem of sports apparel.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

There were several different stages throughout the interview process but they all happened fairly quickly and interviewers/HR correspondents were always friendly and quick to respond, very respectful of the candidate's time. The initial interview is online through a site that allows you to record your answers to unknown questions on your own time . Answers are then reviewed by the hiring committee. The questions are typical interview questions (strengths, why you chose to pursue the job, etc.). It seems a little awkward but this way they can get to know you and its convenient for everyone. The next step is a live interview through the same site with one or a few interviewers. This takes about an hour and in my opinion was more laid back in terms of questions. The interviewers mostly wanted to hear about experience and why you're choosing to pursue that particular position along with a few situation questions. I heard back very quickly after this interview, maybe a day but I'm sure this depends on number of candidates, which order you are in the interview process, hiring timeline, etc. Finally, we make it to the on site interview. I met with several different department/team managers/directors, back to back, each for a brief time. The types of questions and overall vibe were different from person to person. Most were similar to the live online interview, feeling like a casual conversation about your experience, reasons for choosing the job, reasons for choosing Under Armour in general and ultimate career goals. These should be easy by this stage in interviewing as you've probably pondered these questions quite a bit. This stage also includes a skills assessment. Due to confidentiality agreements and general respect for the integrity of the interview process, I'll leave it at that. This was one of my first real interviews so I made some mistakes and while I didn't receive an offer, it was an amazing learning experience!

Interview Questions
    • You have your priorities in order when you get thrown another very important task. What do you do? What are some techniques that you use to deal with this stress?   View Answer

Not Answered Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed with Under Armour and after a lengthy phone interview, I was asked to do a video interview. The video interview is extremely akward as you sit there staring at and talking to yourself in the camera (there is no one on the other end). I dressed professionally, even though I was sitting in my living room, and took my time completing the interview. After that, I never heard back. I sent 3 follow up emails over a period of months, and left a phone message, but my "recruiter" could not be bothered to send a 2-second email response. I spoke to another one of my former co-workers today, and she had the same experience. There is NO reason in this day and age of emailing, texting, etc. that any company should treat a candidate that way, blatantly ignoring them as if they are not a person and not worthy of even a canned email after investing time in the interview process. I am ok with not getting an offer, as I only want to work for companies that deliver quality candidate experiences and the highest level of customer service. Needless to say, I only buy Nike, Adidas or Champion these days!