Under Armour

Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.7

Brand Ambassador/REP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Under Armour.

Strangest interview process ever. I initially applied for a REP position, but got an email a month later saying I was to complete a video interview for a Brand Ambassador position. I was confused, but thought, why not? Three weeks later, I got an email saying that they wanted to fly me out to Baltimore to interview me for the Brand Ambassador/REP role (not specifying which one). 20 people flew out and we were all equally as confused, seeing as a large majority of us didn't speak to an actual human being prior to going to Baltimore, and just had completed the video interview. The 2 day trip consisted of a mix and mingle with several senior individuals at Under Armour (which kicked off on a good note seeing as the senior individuals really paid attention to who we were and what our backgrounds where). The next day was a series of panel interviews (usually 1 candidate per 2-3 UA employees), and a group presentation. We were told that we would get a solid yes/no within a week. I was rejected via automated, generic email over 5 weeks later. One of the people they hired from the group has "Band Embassador at Under Armour" as their title on LinkedIn. Another person had no sports, retail, fashion, or customer service experience. Former D1 athletes, retail merchandising majors, and those with team sports backgrounds were not hired. Not sure what they were looking for in this role/roles, but it clearly wasn't individuals with valuable experience and a knowledge of common spelling. The lack of response after being flown out to Baltimore was appalling and extremely unprofessional from a company that myself, and many others, hold to such high standards.

Inventory Control Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Under Armour.

I applied online at the Under Armour website.I then received an e-mail about 2 weeks later asking me if I was still interested in the position. After replied I "yes", I received a phone call the same day about setting up an on-site interview. I went to the interview, and checked my email when I got back home saying that they needed a Background check and Drug Screen in order for me to start work.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer working with a team or alone.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Under Armour.

Had an initial Hirevue interview (consisted of prerecorded questions and answering them via webcam); felt pretty awkward because I was essentially talking to myself. I thought I blew it but was called back for a Skype interview the next month.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you made a tradeoff between aesthetics and functionality.   Answer Question
    unorganized and slow

Helpdesk Interview

The interview was not an in person interview but was rather a video-recorded interview. There were 5 questions presented and you would take a video recording of yourself answering the question. it was pretty simple but very awkward since you are not really talking to anybody. I would honestly prefer an in-person interview. I thought I did pretty good but I didn't ever get a call back.

ASM Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Under Armour.

Contacted on LinkedIn twice. after that, I had 2 phone interviews only. One with mith SM and 2nd with DM. SM called me pretty mch 5 mins after 2nd interview to offer me the position and i accepted.

Interview Questions
    • pretty basic. Strengths, Opps and coaching style. Situational questions requiring STAR answers. Tell me about a time you coached someone. Tell me how you have a coaching conversation. Tell me about a time you helped someone improve performance, etc.   View Answer
    Told them I know the salary range but I make way more and have great experience. They met me in the middle. Pretty fair I;d say.

Executive Level Position Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Under Armour in May 2014.

I've been contacted by UA more than once in regards to a position. Apparently the same role has turned over multiple times in a few short years. On both occasions, multiple people reached out to me the same week to schedule a call. On the first occasion, I was told I make too much and then they moved on. On the next occasion, someone called me fifteen minutes late for the interview, we had a 10 minutes conversation, they said the would follow up and months later they still hadn't. I have colleagues that have also interviewed at UA. They all complain about lack of communication and timing whether they were hired or not.

Interview Questions
    • It's obvious they don't have a standard process for vetting candidates at a senior level. Neither time were they equipped to ask me anything relevant other than comp history.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Under Armour.

Very detailed. You need to show passion and a large interest in the brand

Interview Questions
    • You need to really network in order to succeed within the company and support the company values   Answer Question
    Easy, but you really need to be flexible on training locations

N/A Interview

The "Talent Acquisition Manager" doesn't know how to do her job. Her job is to seek and attract the most qualified candidates yet, as reputable as you may be, she ignores you. HireVue is explained as being an "innovative" tool. You know what's innovative? PICKING UP THE PHONE. Holding qualified candidates at an arms length has put an incredibly bad taste in my mouth. What do you think I'll say when someone asks my opinion of the company? Negative word-of-mouth is a real killer. "Be humble. Say hungry." You're not humble in the least and your hunger is greed.

Women's Design Rookie Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Under Armour.

I applied online, received an email that I got a "virtual" interview. I think they weren't very stingy with the interview offers because the two other people I know who applied also got an interview. But the actual interview was pre-recorded, so you could do it on your own time and UA could watch it on their own time. The problem was that it was really hard to sit and talk to yourself to answer a question. You don't realize how much you rely on the other person's conversational ques to keep you talking cohesively. I kind of didn't know when to stop. So the questions weren't actually hard, it was just the awkward delivery that made it tricky.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you were a part of a team and how you overcame a challenge.   Answer Question

Innovation Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Under Armour in April 2014.

I first had to do a video type interview with prerecorded questions. It seemed like they had a lot of candidates do this. Then I had a second follow up phone interview/conversation which was more so learning about the company than traditional interview questions