Under Armour Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.6

N/A Interview

The "Talent Acquisition Manager" doesn't know how to do her job. Her job is to seek and attract the most qualified candidates yet, as reputable as you may be, she ignores you. HireVue is explained as being an "innovative" tool. You know what's innovative? PICKING UP THE PHONE. Holding qualified candidates at an arms length has put an incredibly bad taste in my mouth. What do you think I'll say when someone asks my opinion of the company? Negative word-of-mouth is a real killer. "Be humble. Say hungry." You're not humble in the least and your hunger is greed.

Innovation Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Under Armour in April 2014.

I first had to do a video type interview with prerecorded questions. It seemed like they had a lot of candidates do this. Then I had a second follow up phone interview/conversation which was more so learning about the company than traditional interview questions

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Under Armour in March 2014.

Submitted resume via website. Had a phone interview with talent acquisition manager which led to phone interview with hiring manager which then led to on-site interview. On-site seemed to go well, but never heard back one way or the other even after 3 - 4 e-mails asking about where the process was.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how active noise cancellation works.   View Answer

SAP SD Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Under Armour.

Got a video interview to answer 6 questions about my experience and the job. Did not go past this stage. Believe they selected other candidates.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Under Armour.

Management interviews usually consists of a 2 to 3 step process. Usually you're first interview with the store manager for that location and then move on to either a phone interview or face to face interview with the DM for that district. Higher level management with then have an interview with the regional director. Big fan of brand appropriate people, don't have to be athletic but at least look the part. Come to the interview wearing UA apparel.

Interview Questions
    • They usually ask why you want to work at Under Armour?   View Answer
    There's a little wiggle room for negotiation but not much.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Under Armour in December 2013.

Used HireVue on demand video interview. 8 questions. One was multiple choice regarding whether willing to relocate. Pretty straight forward. Why do you want to work for Under Armour? Tell us about your current position. Do you accept risk? What have you done that was challenging? What did you do to change someone's opinion of something?

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to change someone's opinion of something?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Under Armour in December 2013.

First, I had to do the HireVue virtual interview where I video recorded my answers to pretty basic interview questions. That part of the process was actually kind of cool. Then, about a month later, I was contacted by the recruiter for an in-person interview. I received my itinerary for the day which included interviews for 8 hours with 12 different people. They bought me lunch, which I didn't get to eat since I was interrogated the entire time. I was grateful I didn't have to use the bathroom at any point in the day because 1. I was never told where it was if I needed it and 2. I never had a break between interviews.

Despite the extreme difficulty of the interview, I thought it went pretty well. The strangest part was how each interviewer basically told me how to impress the next interviewer. Kind of an odd experience overall. Don't expect the process to move quickly.

Also, I never received anything telling me I didn’t get the job, and the hiring manager ignored my emails. So, overall, not a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Walk step by step through how you would design and distribute a printed newsletter.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Under Armour in December 2013.

Applied in mid-November of 2013, and I didn't get a call until early December- so the initial communication process took a couple of weeks. I got a call from the hiring manager, and she wanted to set up an interview but I was in college out of town at the time and hadn't come home for break yet. So she suggested we go a phone interview the next week. When we did the interview she asked me three simple questions and hired me on the spot, without even meeting me. After that it took 3 weeks for me to even begin working because it took quite some time to get my employee numbers in to begin work. Overall it was a very easy process- just took some time.

Interview Questions
    • Where have you had the best customer service experience?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation with my pay or anything like that. My manager just told me what was going to happen- and I listened and agreed. But they were very generous with the pay- especially as a seasonal associate among a large team of workers. I graciously took $8.50/hour, no questions asked.

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Under Armour in December 2013.

I was invited to interview at the Baltimore HQ after I e-mailed my materials to someone directly. (I had received contact information after a long while of stalking my alumni database for new employer entries) The first interview went very well. Everyone seemed very enthusiastic to be there and excited to meet with me. I had to take a test after a day of interviews and worried that my lunch-deprived brain didn't do so well. I received another e-mail from HR a month later that invited me back to meet with some more people. It seemed that the interviewers consistently wondered if I should be interested in a different position at the company and even introduced me to another team--seemingly ignoring my actual interest in the position I was interviewing for.

This time, I found myself easily flustered and did not answer questions to the best of my ability. I will definitely continue to apply for positions with the company as I have really only heard great things from friends that work there and am hoping that maybe the interviewers were onto something when they told me I need to be on another team there.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Under Armour in November 2013.

Completed application process online. Received confirmation email that my application had been received and would be reviewed. Was contacted via telephone by HR business partner to complete an initial phone screening. Upon successfully completing phone screening, attended an in-person interview with senior member of store management. Invited to attend a follow up interview with additional members of senior management. Attended an information session with current managers and applicants.