Under Armour

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
Baltimore, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Under Armour in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was like moving up a chain of command all the way to the top.

Interview Question – What was your greatest athletic memory?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Under Armour.

Interview Details – Overall the UA in-house recruiter I worked with was great and consistently got back to me in a reasonable amount of time and was forthcoming with information.

I applied online and within hours contacted by UA recruiter via email. Standard phone screening w/ HR-recruiter followed. Next, I Skyped with hiring manager. I was then invited to HQ and interviewed with 7-8 people over 5 hrs.

The atmosphere at HQ seemed very chaotic (one interviewer showed up over 20 minutes late to the 30 minute interview, one conducted a meeting with someone else in the middle of my interview). Few looked at my resume prior to meeting with me so much of the time I was repeating the same general elevator pitch of my experience. I was told by one HR person interviewing me that they often like people to come to HQ twice.

I initially got very good feedback from hiring manager and recruiter/HR after my interview and was waiting for next steps. But I was informed about a month later that I wasn't moving on in the process.

Interview Question – Very informal (except for HR). Hardest question was being put on spot to come up with ideas for vague current business issue. More ?'s = What would you accomplish in first 90 days? What do you look for in an employee? How do you deal with difficult people? Are you okay with working 50-60+ hour weeks?   Answer Question

Worked for Under Armour? Contribute to the Community!