Under Armour

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Swan Creek, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Under Armour in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, I knew the manager so she contacted me to come in for the interview. Had a group interview with 4 other candidates. All were offered the job on the spot

Interview Question – What sports do you play?
Whats the most exciting thing you've done in your life?
How are you in situations where a customer may not be happy with you? How do you handle it.
  Answer Question

Lancaster, PA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Under Armour.

Interview Details – The initial application is now done online. When I was hired, it was still done on paper, so I can't give a good description of that aspect of the process, but your availability will be important. The next step is a pre-screening phone interview. You will be asked about your availability, customer service background, interest in the company, and your ability to work as a part of a team. After this, there is a group interview and finally a one-on-one interview.

At each of these steps, you will want to show that you are an outgoing, friendly person with a positive attitude. Customer service is the number one priority. Knowing a bit about the history of the company will be helpful. Being familiar with the product will be more helpful.

Interview Question – The interview process was pretty straightforward. If anything, it would be helpful to have an idea of the steps involved in good customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Under Armour.

Interview Details – Group interview

Interview Question – What was one point in time that you had to do something that broke the rules.   Answer Question

Harriman, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Under Armour.

Interview Details – A simple interview with mostly HR questions. At the end the interviewee asked me to sell her phone to her.

Interview Question – Sell me my phone   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Edinburgh, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Under Armour in July 2012.

Interview Details – Very informal. I was interviewed in the shoes section of the store. I was seated on a bench and the manager was standing. She didn't have my resume on hand and had to ask me all of my information. I was hired on the spot, with only having to complete a drug test and background check.

Interview Question – N/a   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked how much experience I have in retail, and then asked what my pay expectations were, and I got what I asked for. I was told I was qualified for the amount I was asking.

Orlando, FL

I interviewed at Under Armour in March 2011.

Interview Details – It began as a group interview process and eventually a one on one interview to confirm wheher you are a potential candidate. Considering they were looking for individuals with college degrees, the questions were pretty basic as far as past qualifications and future desires. It was a part time position during college so the manager understood it wasn't expected to be a long term position with the company.

Interview Question – Provide one example in which you had gone above and beyond to assist a customer   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Natick, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Under Armour in September 2010.

Interview Details – intrviewed with asst manager. was asked typical retail interview questions

Interview Question – what is the hardest experience you've had working in retail   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Under Armour

Worked for Under Armour? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Under Armour Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Under Armour employees and interview candidates.