Underground Elephant

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.0

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Underground Elephant.

There were a series of interviews, and I was pretty happy with the attention to detail. They gave me a code test, which wasn't that challenging, and I got to meet most of the team. Overall, the office shows well, and they seem to take more relaxed approach than other companies.

Online Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Underground Elephant in August 2010.

I was called and asked to come in for an interview. I was dressed well and pretty well qualified, but once I sat down for the interview, the interviewer seemed completely uninterested-- she looked at my resume, asked a question or two and sent me on my way. I felt like my time was completely wasted-- I didn't have an opportunity to sell myself or even mess up.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Underground Elephant in August 2010.

Getting an interview with any company right now can be challenging. I applied online, and received an request to set up an interview within a week. I came in for a one on one interview and then followed that up with a second interview.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Underground Elephant in August 2010.

The interview process went very smoothly. I was immediately introduced to several members of the staff, before even beginning my interview. Once the interview began it was very relaxed. The CEO was really just trying to get to know me as a person, rather then hounding me with your typical interview questions.

Web Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Underground Elephant in February 2010.

I was interviewed by a few different people, and random questions were mixed-in to throw me off my game.

Interview Questions
    • Do chickens eat eggs? And if so, what kind of omelet would you be?   View Answer
    Be ready to answer the same question more than once.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Underground Elephant in January 2012.

I received a call after submitting my resume and scheduled an in-person interview. There was no HR contact, I was interviewed by a sales individual who explained that they wear 'many hats'. The hiring manager was brought in halfway through the interview. The questions and process were fairly typical.

The reason I say this was a negative interview experience is based on the events after the actual in-person interview. After the interview, they called two of my references, multiple times. And then I never heard from them again. I left a voicemail to follow up about the status of the position a few days after I was told they were expecting to make a decision, and received no response. A day or two later, I sent an email to follow up - no response. Over 3 months since the interview and I have never been contacted.

I thought it was extremely unprofessional of them to never follow up, especially when I was given a date that I should expect to hear from them by and also that my references were contacted.

Interview Questions

Worked for Underground Elephant? Contribute to the Community!