Underground Elephant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.5

Sales and Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Underground Elephant (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interviewer was seemed pretentious and snobby. From the beginning of the interview, he did not seem interested at all and barely gave me the opportunity to speak or prove to a be a good candidate. I was told I was going to meet with multiple people, and the first person to interview pretty much brushed me off and was told that I was not meeting with others.

Marketing Interview

Interview

Submitted my resume, went in a met with the marketing team to interview. Sat down with some of the team at first, and then upper management came in to talk and ask questions. Interview room has a great view of the San Diego skyline which was a little distracting.

Interview Questions

• It was more of a rapid fire questioning, some personal questions, some miscellaneous.   Answer Question

Sales/CS Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Underground Elephant in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great. Met with several people and was at the location for over an hour. Was even given a tour of the office. The following day they requested some work samples and per my referrals, they had all been contacted.

Unfortunately the positive interview ended there. The company stopped communicating with me. No follow up whatsoever. I had to email them a week after the interview to see if they needed anything else from me. That was the last time I heard from them. The least you can do is email those you have taken the time to interview to inform them that they did not get the position.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Underground Elephant (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Apply through crag list and got an interview 2 days after, got the offer couple hours after my on-site interview.The whole process was fast and smooth, HR was very effective.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Underground Elephant.

Interview

There were a series of interviews, and I was pretty happy with the attention to detail. They gave me a code test, which wasn't that challenging, and I got to meet most of the team. Overall, the office shows well, and they seem to take more relaxed approach than other companies.

Interview Questions

• What job do I want after this one?   1 Answer

Online Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Underground Elephant (San Diego, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I was called and asked to come in for an interview. I was dressed well and pretty well qualified, but once I sat down for the interview, the interviewer seemed completely uninterested-- she looked at my resume, asked a question or two and sent me on my way. I felt like my time was completely wasted-- I didn't have an opportunity to sell myself or even mess up.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Underground Elephant (San Diego, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Getting an interview with any company right now can be challenging. I applied online, and received an request to set up an interview within a week. I came in for a one on one interview and then followed that up with a second interview.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Underground Elephant (San Diego, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. I was immediately introduced to several members of the staff, before even beginning my interview. Once the interview began it was very relaxed. The CEO was really just trying to get to know me as a person, rather then hounding me with your typical interview questions.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Underground Elephant in February 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by a few different people, and random questions were mixed-in to throw me off my game.

Interview Questions

• Do chickens eat eggs? And if so, what kind of omelet would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be ready to answer the same question more than once.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Underground Elephant in January 2012.

Interview

I received a call after submitting my resume and scheduled an in-person interview. There was no HR contact, I was interviewed by a sales individual who explained that they wear 'many hats'. The hiring manager was brought in halfway through the interview. The questions and process were fairly typical.

The reason I say this was a negative interview experience is based on the events after the actual in-person interview. After the interview, they called two of my references, multiple times. And then I never heard from them again. I left a voicemail to follow up about the status of the position a few days after I was told they were expecting to make a decision, and received no response. A day or two later, I sent an email to follow up - no response. Over 3 months since the interview and I have never been contacted.

I thought it was extremely unprofessional of them to never follow up, especially when I was given a date that I should expect to hear from them by and also that my references were contacted.