Underground Elephant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.5

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Underground Elephant.

Interview

I applied online specifically for this position and was emailed the next day to come in for an in interview! Awesome! I go in and sit down, waiting for the HR coordinator. Eventually I'm greeted by five other people checking to ensure I've been helped...cool! They're all very friendly. Then I'm greeted by who I believe was the CEO, who very smugly asked me to tell him something smart, before walking away and snickering.

I meet with HR who goes on to tell me the position I've applied for has already been filled. Awesome, why was I brought in? Well, with my sales experience they thought I'd be great for the inside sales position or marketing coordinator position! Oh...interesting...please tell me more about why I should be trying to get your entry level position? Because it pays $15/ hour, which is about a quarter of what I make at my current position? Oh yay lets keep talking about this!! I should have walked out right then and there...I kicked myself for a good hour for wasting my time after this and putting on such a polite and friendly face after experiencing a true bait and switch.

After meeting with 5 other people on the team...yes FIVE for a $28k/ year position, I finally told their VP how much I make and that I felt insulted that I was lied to to come in, especially for a non management position that pays NOTHING. He stated that the position I wanted had not been filled , and that it was in fact still available (only an hour and a half later) but by then I was so insulted anything he was telling me was going in one ear and out the other. HR came back to tell me next steps and it took everything I had not to laugh out loud. I'll need to wait at least a week to find out if I'm going to be offered this fantastic opportunity! Thanks but no thanks. An hour and a half of my life wasted for the "startup" that has such fantastic culture. tother. it clear

Sales and Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Underground Elephant (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interviewer was seemed pretentious and snobby. From the beginning of the interview, he did not seem interested at all and barely gave me the opportunity to speak or prove to a be a good candidate. I was told I was going to meet with multiple people, and the first person to interview pretty much brushed me off and was told that I was not meeting with others.

Marketing Interview

Interview

Submitted my resume, went in a met with the marketing team to interview. Sat down with some of the team at first, and then upper management came in to talk and ask questions. Interview room has a great view of the San Diego skyline which was a little distracting.

Interview Questions

• It was more of a rapid fire questioning, some personal questions, some miscellaneous.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Underground Elephant in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great. Met with several people and was at the location for over an hour. Was even given a tour of the office. The following day they requested some work samples and per my referrals, they had all been contacted.

Unfortunately the positive interview ended there. The company stopped communicating with me. No follow up whatsoever. I had to email them a week after the interview to see if they needed anything else from me. That was the last time I heard from them. The least you can do is email those you have taken the time to interview to inform them that they did not get the position.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Underground Elephant (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Apply through crag list and got an interview 2 days after, got the offer couple hours after my on-site interview.The whole process was fast and smooth, HR was very effective.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Underground Elephant.

Interview

There were a series of interviews, and I was pretty happy with the attention to detail. They gave me a code test, which wasn't that challenging, and I got to meet most of the team. Overall, the office shows well, and they seem to take more relaxed approach than other companies.

Interview Questions

• What job do I want after this one?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Underground Elephant (San Diego, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I met with every C-level executive in the company to get a well-rounded idea of the overarching goals. Each executive met with me personally, as well as in a group setting. Very engaging and motivated team. I got a great sense for the direction of the company as well as the requirements of the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you expand the reach and garner more market share within our industry?   1 Answer

Marketing, General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Underground Elephant (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with potential supervisor and the employee who referred me. More causal and laid back- asking questions about interests/background. We brainstormed and basically created a new position that would work for both the company and myself. It was a non-intimidating experience compared to a lot of interviews.

Online Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Underground Elephant (San Diego, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I was called and asked to come in for an interview. I was dressed well and pretty well qualified, but once I sat down for the interview, the interviewer seemed completely uninterested-- she looked at my resume, asked a question or two and sent me on my way. I felt like my time was completely wasted-- I didn't have an opportunity to sell myself or even mess up.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Underground Elephant (San Diego, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Getting an interview with any company right now can be challenging. I applied online, and received an request to set up an interview within a week. I came in for a one on one interview and then followed that up with a second interview.