Underwriters Laboratories Interview Questions in Melville, NY

Updated Apr 15, 2015

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Underwriters Laboratories (Melville, NY).

Interview

I was first contacted by the HR manager after she reviewed my resume from the college career fair. I had a quick over the phone interview with her, then I was invited in for an in person interview. I interviewed with the HR manager, hiring manager and two Staff Engineers.Nothing technical, all personality questions, to see how I would fit with the team. They asked if I was a Yankee or Met fan, if I could read an electrical schematic, if I am willing to travel and travel via airplane (they had a few people who couldn't travel regularly and wouldn't by plane). After meeting with everyone and being shown the building, they asked if this was a place I could see myself working at. Two days later I received an offer, which I accepted.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Underwriters Laboratories (Melville, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Asked about previous experience, knowledge of circuit, language code, soldering skills and some typical question every employer ask their candidate. Meet with 3 different manager from 3 different departments. They will se where best I fit in if I get the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Very basic question, they rate it on a number scale 1 being the lowest and 4 being the highest.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Underwriters Laboratories (Melville, NY) in May 2008.

Interview

They have changed it since I was hired. Now there is a test, which I hear is more economics based than engineering based, an interview with HR and then the Engineering Leaders of the group that has an open rec.

Interview Questions

• Are you a Yankee Fan or Met Fan?   2 Answers

Negotiation

They offered one salary and I accepted, this was my first job out of college. Didn't really have anyone bidding for me.