Ungerboeck Systems International

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ungerboeck Systems International

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO
    Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ungerboeck Systems International in October 2014.

I had to take a short computer test that tested personality and critical thinking skills, then a written coding test that asked you to debug a written computer code, write a program that did a specific task.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ungerboeck Systems International.

I first met with a recruiter at my university's job fair. I was contacted a couple weeks later and was asked to come in for an on-site interview.

This first interview consisted of taking two tests: one short logic/IQ test and one with maybe 8 programming questions. After the tests I discussed my resume with a team lead and a higher-level manager.

A week or so after the first interview, I was asked to return for a second in-person interview. During this interview I met with a second high-level manager and a VP. I was asked a few technical questions (no whiteboard coding or anything like that), but for the most part we all just had a discussion about the company and my past work. At the end of this interview I was offered the job.

I rated this interview "easy" because the interview questions were not as technically complicated as in other interviews I experienced. For me, an "average" interview consists of a technical phone screening followed by an on-site whiteboard coding session. A "difficult" interview involves one or more off-site coding interviews and/or a coding challenge coupled with one or more on-site coding interviews.

P.S. Based on my experience and the experience of a couple friends, if you make it to the second interview you're in the clear so just relax and be friendly.

P.P.S. Also, they all were just very nice people. I think everyone I met asked me if I wanted a water or a coke or something.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was fairly straightforward. Know your databases, polymorphism, recursion, good SE practices, other basic CS concepts.   Answer Question
    Limited negotiation since this was entry level, but definitely some. Seemed like they respected my previous internships and my offer from another company.

Client Services Specialist Interview

Pretty much as you would expect, examples of difficult situations you've encountered and how you worked through them, they also are looking at your work ethic and trying to get a feel for how you'll mesh with customers.

Interview Questions
    • Please give one or more examples of difficult situations you've encountered and how you worked through them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ungerboeck Systems International in May 2009.

Total of 10 rounds. Each round implies a 1:1 interview. this includes one on campus interview

Interview Questions
    • SQL joins, aggreagations etc , Object oriented programming   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all. its like take it or leave it

Implementation Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ungerboeck Systems International.

Initial interview is always a phone interview. Usually not with HR, as it's a one man show on that front. So, be prepared on your very first call. Up front questions are usually around 20 minutes before face to face are scheduled.

On the in person, be prepared to meet with multiple people from the CEO on down. Questions are dependent on position. Project Managers/Implementation people all deal with explaining past experience with projects. Technical people have to explain technical details, even taking quizzes.

They will ask you to play around in their product to see how well you pick it up.

Interview Questions
    • Since it is such a specialized industry, would advise you to read up on the industry. Questions will be how your experience can transfer to their market.   Answer Question
    Nothing much, just salary. Everything is pretty standard.