UniFirst Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at UniFirst in July 2011.

About 6 very intense interviews, and a power point presentation. Takes about 4 weeks to get hired on. Will have a background check and drug test

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember. You can google interview questions and they are just about all asked.   Answer Question
    there was a little negotiation

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at UniFirst.

Initial phone interview was very brief. I was asked to tell them a little about myself and my work experience. After a quick conversation, I was asked if I was willing to get 8-12 company's to complete a 6 question survey about their business. This is a great trial by fire vetting task, you know right away if cold calling business to business sales is what you want to do for a living. Great company to work for from what I understand, just not me.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UniFirst in November 2013.

Applied online. Received email from hiring manager and then a phone interview with the Sales Manager. First interview was a long and thorough interview lasting more than one hour. Manager asked multiple questions ranging from "give me a time when you experienced a challenge.." to "walk me through your resume from college."

Interview Questions
    • "If you were in a foot race and you kept getting beat over and over again, what would you do?"   View Answer
    Set offer...base + commission

Sales Interview

You will meet the Sales Manager and Branch Manager. They will string you along until they fire someone. Then they will rush you in to a drug test and "training" which at first is just BS videos about the dead founder and anti union vids.

One salary fits all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marysville, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, WA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UniFirst.

I had similar experinces to what the people before me have written. They want to know your life story, especially anything that shows your competitive edge, starting with highschool. Hopefully you are not currently employed because they will want to interview you 5 times. They will likely also give you a field exercise or ride along. If you really want the job be persistant they like that. Word of caution though, they will monitor your every move (with consistant phone calls and gps tracking) and expect you to be in the field cold calling from 8am to 5pm. The cold calling schedule isn't bad unless you are good at sales and need to do order write ups, and presentations or proposals. If you need to do things like that it has to come out of your own time. As does anything else you need to do to create an order. Planning for you weekly check in meetings happens on your own time too which includes scheduling your cold call route and writting plans on how you are going to penitrate your large accounts. All in all the employees that work for the branch I was at were either constently in trouble or worked 60+ hours a week. I urge you to talk to any current employee to see what the work conditions are because it becomes hard to apply for other jobs and interview when you work so many hours.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you were like in highschool. I would recommend asking them what they are looking for during the interview and package your anwsers accordingly since that is what their training will tell you to do.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable and complicated as far as comission goes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at UniFirst in May 2013.

was contacted after i applied to Unifirst by the sales manager. quick response with an interview shortly thereafter. Sales manager was up front with all details of the career opportunity. Had me do a unique pre-offer presentation to show my level of comittment. Found sales manager to be honest, up front, high expectations, and seemed genuinely interested in my success.

Interview Questions
    • asking me to detail my accomplishments via awards, letters and or accolades. Which I did.   Answer Question
    negotiation was negligable since comp structure is what it is...found it to be very fair

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at UniFirst.

Had a total of 3 interviews, first was a phone interview with department supervisor, then another in person with department supervisor, then with Dept Manager and VP of Marketing. The people were very nice and the interviews were casual and easy-going. At the beginning of the third interview, the VP, who obviously did not review my resume beforehand, says, "Wow, you come from _____? That's a long commute for minimum wage." It pretty much went down hill from there. No matter what I said to diffuse the matter, he could not get his head around the distance issue.

To top it off, I had a two hour drive to get to the interview and had to take a "test" after each interview. A test! Seriously?? I've been in the business almost as long as the supervisor as been alive!

After a month of emails and interviews, I never heard back… not even a rejection letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed online - interviewed at UniFirst.

Be aggressive and email the sales manager almost to the point of annoyance. On the first interview you will be asked leading questions to find out how you handle indifference like "name a time you disagreed with your boss? And what happened?" on the final interview you will have to regurgitate there sales process in a road to the presidents club presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of leading question to find out of your a team player or not   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kentwood, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kentwood, MI

I interviewed online - interviewed at UniFirst in September 2012.

Two phone interviews. One personal interview. Did a ride along. Got hired four months later. I was told I would be working 50 hours a week, and receive monthly and quarterly performance bonus's.

Interview Questions
    • Who's your favorite college football team?   View Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UniFirst.

Brief phone interview followed by an in person interview with a SM then a phone interview with a RSM then another brief in-person interview at which they offered the position