UniFirst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2015

2.9

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UniFirst (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

You meet one-on-one with a sales manager. You will be asked many personal and "interview" questions. Your original answer will not suffice so be prepared to have multiple answers to the same question. Many assumptions based on your resume are made so make sure your resume isn't vague in any sense of the word. It may take as long as an hour and a half and you won't be doing most of the talking. In my experience, the sales position I was applying for was described multiple times as a dark, heart-wrenching role but that its a great place to work. Also in my experience, I was told that a lot of money and time would be wasted on me (the exact amount actually) because I was thought to not have the desire to sell uniforms. As a recent college graduate with no experience, I felt uncomfortable because I was told what kind of person I was and I had nothing to back myself up because real life experience was needed to explain my work ethic. I had to delve into my personal life which made me even more uncomfortable because I ran out of things to say. When you ask about the culture, be prepared for an short answer like, "Well, I have a ping pong table in my office?" Within an hour, I was hurting to get out of the room. If you just care about making money and don't expect to enjoy your workplace, this would work for you. Also, don't expect to actually make any money until you've been with the company for at least 6 months.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions: tell me about a time..., give me an example of when..... There will be about 25 of these. Even though this is a sales position, the fact that you are motivated by money does nothing for the interviewer, they wants to hear that you love selling uniforms and will stay with his company until you croak.   1 Answer

I didn't get a good vibe and wasn't prepared to commit a decade to this company.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UniFirst (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview pretty easy, then there is an in person interview if you do well they will tell you to go out and do a survey of businesses and then make a presentation. This is a little strange but if you want the job you have to do it. Then a follow up interview w the manager gm and regional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

Filled out application online. Got called in for an in person interview via Plant Manager. He went over the position in detailed. Asked if i would interested. I asked several questions at the end of the interview. Not to mention I drove over 2 1/2 hours for interview. I was told I would be contacted within a week of him making a decision. Waste of time

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Norfolk, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very easy and relaxing one on one interview basic interview questions first interview was just to see if I was fit for the job. The second interview was more of a situation and answer interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had a upset customer and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

Pretty extensive process, but moved fairly quickly. Submitted my resume and was then contacted by the assistant sales manager the next day to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview he booked me for a face to face interview. After that I was asked to prepare a presentation and had to come back to meet with the sales manager the following week. After meeting with the sales manager I was scheduled to do a ride along with a tenured sales rep. Then came in the day after that to listen to a call block and had to do a mock cold call to the entire sales team on speaker phone. Finally had a phone interview with the regional sales manager and then was given an offer.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Landover, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

This was a very long interview process, BUT ITS WORTH IT. I had a phone screening about a week after I applied, the following week I had a face-face with the sales manager and sales supervisor. After that I was given two assignments to complete and do power points on the field survey I did (go to 10 different businesses and ask them about their uniforms) and packet that they gave me to read about how to become a top seller there. Once I reported that I completed the assignments I had another interview with the regional sales manager and had to bring in at least 3 references. After that all that was left was a drug screen and background check. It seems like a long process but it really does prepare you for the job. You do jump through a lot of hoops but in that industry they need to know who's serious about the position and about excelling at the job and you need to know if you can handle the job.

Interview Questions

• I see that you're a telemarketer have you ever experienced face-to-face sales?   1 Answer
    • Give me five things that you want me to remember about you   Answer Question
    • give me an example of how you were at the workplace, had to do with over adversity, and overcame it   Answer Question
    • what kind of car do you drive?   1 Answer
    • You've been at your job for over five years what's making you look for a new opportunity?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no need to negotiate they gave me a handsome base salary and with the commission, bonuses, vehicle allowance, cell phone allowance, and BENEFITS I know that I'll be able to make a lot more than I was.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

First had a phone screening, then was brought in for a face to face. Had another face to face then was asked to do a field exercise and presentation. Had a video interview with management at other location then another interview with Branch Manager. Overall a total of 7 interviews. Not too difficult, basic questions

Interview Questions

• "If you could be any animal what would you be and why"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at UniFirst (Allentown, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone screening with Sales Manager Interview Face to Face with Sales Manager Interview Face to Face with Branch Manager Interview either F/F or VidCon with Regional Sales Manager -Present to him a full presentation of how you will be successful at UniFirst Fill out Application, Background Check, Drug Test, Physical Exam Then I was sent the offer to letter. Process for me took a week.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions on scenarios, wanted to learn how you dealt with good and rough situations in past positions.   Answer Question

GM Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

Thorough process, that made sure that both myself and the company were a good fit for each other. Open dialog between both parties and it was very open and honest. consisted of 2 interviews with two levels of management which in my case was followed up with the job offer.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

Piliminary interview, then meet the Sales Manager for another interview, if you make it past the sales manager you have a good chance. You then will have a panel interview with the regional sales manager and then take an assesement to determine if you Got the Suff for sales. Then you wait for about a week. Its a good 2 week process minimum

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They give you your job offer and say these are the terms if you choose to accept them. They are fair enough terms nothing shady.