UniFirst

Updated Sep 21, 2014

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UniFirst in April 2014.

During the initial interview I was asked about my marital status and children. While I know this is illegal I felt like it set me apart from the kids that apply for what they think is easy money. I didn't object because I felt like if I did I would blow my chances to work here.

Other Interview Reviews for UniFirst

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hummelstown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hummelstown, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at UniFirst in March 2014.

Initially interviewed for and was at first interested in the Outside Sales Representative position, but also had an interest in the Route Sales Representative position (where you get to drive a truck and make deliveries). After a little over one month from the OSR interview, the Sales Manager had the District Service Manager contact me to schedule an interview for the RSR position. Went in on a Wednesday morning and was essentially offered the job right there and then at the conclusion of the interview. Thought it over that day and accepted it via email with the Service Manager the next morning. Very simple process and quite easy to be honest.

Interview Questions
    • None at all - the Service Manager fully explained the position details and requirements to me and answered all of my questions that I had written down.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't any room for any negotiation. Pay is set for RSR employees and goes up over some time with the company. RSR employees do get other perks and opportunities to make more money with the job itself. I was satisfied with the interview and everything all together.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kentwood, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kentwood, MI

I applied online – interviewed at UniFirst in September 2012.

Two phone interviews. One personal interview. Did a ride along. Got hired four months later. I was told I would be working 50 hours a week, and receive monthly and quarterly performance bonus's.

Interview Questions
    • Who's your favorite college football team?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UniFirst in January 2012.

I was first interviewed via telephone than went in for a one-on-one interview with the branch manager. I did have to complete a application on site consisting of work history and eduction history. The interview was quick but very informative. All of my questions were answered and I felt that the interviewer was very upfront about the job and what it requires. I was asked prior to the interview to research employee complaints in Oder to get a grasp of the job and the issues I could expect. I felt that the job is hard and requires alot of door knocking on my behalf and expect to be running around alot. I was also informed that your record keeping is done currently on a Blackberry soon to be switched to a tablet computer, specifically a Samsung Galaxy Tab.
    I think that though this is not a job for those that will not or cannot give 100% to the job and if you do your earnings will reflect that. Routs are protected and broken down by zip code. Given the area where I live that could encompass many miles of driving per day. It's all about commitment and drive. If you can sell and are not just an order taker this is a good job for you. Wish me luck. I am excited about this job and hope I land it. It's just up my ally and I felt that management was honest and supportive.

Route Sales Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at UniFirst in May 2010.

Overall Branch manager who conducted interview was clueless. Never told me about meeting a sales quota only said that i had to be good with people and maintain current customers. Now a year in, it doesnt matter how good you treat the customers or how well they like you, all that matters is selling them more product. He did not explain what i was getting into at all as far as a job description. My advice if you are interviewing for this job is to ask what will be expected of me in order to be succesful.