UniFirst Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.8

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UniFirst (Buffalo, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Was brought in for 3 interviews, including a field exercise. I left early from my current job to show up early and make a good impression. It has been over a week now and i have not hear anything from them, not even an answer to my follow-up emails. These people are hypocrites and do not practice what they preach. Don't waste your time with this 5 step interview process. They clearly have no problem just dumping you in the middle of it.

Interview Questions

• Being asked to come to 4 seperate interviews, this is uniform sales, not the secret service   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UniFirst

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

I received a call from the sales manager. He asked the "so tell me a little bit about yourself". I was then given the choice for an official "Skype" or face to face interview. I chose a the face to face interview

Interview Questions

• There were not any unexpected or difficult questions. However, I felt like the person interviewing me was talking me out of the position. The interview lasted for more than one hour. I have not heard back from them.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UniFirst (Marysville, WA).

Interview

I had similar experinces to what the people before me have written. They want to know your life story, especially anything that shows your competitive edge, starting with highschool. Hopefully you are not currently employed because they will want to interview you 5 times. They will likely also give you a field exercise or ride along. If you really want the job be persistant they like that. Word of caution though, they will monitor your every move (with consistant phone calls and gps tracking) and expect you to be in the field cold calling from 8am to 5pm. The cold calling schedule isn't bad unless you are good at sales and need to do order write ups, and presentations or proposals. If you need to do things like that it has to come out of your own time. As does anything else you need to do to create an order. Planning for you weekly check in meetings happens on your own time too which includes scheduling your cold call route and writting plans on how you are going to penitrate your large accounts. All in all the employees that work for the branch I was at were either constently in trouble or worked 60+ hours a week. I urge you to talk to any current employee to see what the work conditions are because it becomes hard to apply for other jobs and interview when you work so many hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you were like in highschool. I would recommend asking them what they are looking for during the interview and package your anwsers accordingly since that is what their training will tell you to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable and complicated as far as comission goes.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UniFirst (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

was contacted after i applied to Unifirst by the sales manager. quick response with an interview shortly thereafter. Sales manager was up front with all details of the career opportunity. Had me do a unique pre-offer presentation to show my level of comittment. Found sales manager to be honest, up front, high expectations, and seemed genuinely interested in my success.

Interview Questions

• asking me to detail my accomplishments via awards, letters and or accolades. Which I did.   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiation was negligable since comp structure is what it is...found it to be very fair

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Submitted application to Sales manager's email. Called back a week later to set up a time for a phone interview. 15-20 mins conversation phone interview asked questions such as what's your ideal type of position, what do you know about UniFirst, Why do you want to work here, do you know what this position entails and what interest you about sales?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry or upset customer?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Extensive four step interview process. Phone interview, then with sales manager, then with GM, then Power Point presentation. Study the company, behavioral based questions, and other interview questions and why you would be a candidate for outside sales. The total process took over a month from the phone interview to getting hired. The reason being is that the sales manager works extremely long hours helping his current sales reps which is a good because if you are hired as a sales rep, he will be your boss. So yes the interview process takes awhile but the company is rewarding.

Interview Questions

• What threw me for a loop was the fact that I had to give a presentation with the sales manager and regional sales manager as part of the interview process. When they first explained it I thought they were joking. But they were not, LOL. Consists of seeking 8-12 businesses who RENT uniforms and documenting their uniform situation and presenting. However, it is a great way to see if you actually want to do the job and if you are a fit for the company. I enjoyed the process and they are definitely the best uniform company when it comes to service in the industry.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UniFirst (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewer expected me to run the interview seemingly, but showed little interest in what I had to say.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UniFirst (Lynchburg, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was easy. The branch manager had the IQ of a turnip. There were three interviews: the first with the sales manager, the second with the branch manager and the third with the regional sales manager.
    Try to close the interview with each by asking for the job and closing the deal, especially with the regional sales manager.

Interview Questions

• Branch manager asked many personal questions that I'm pretty sure were illegal for him to ask.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They do not negotiate. Pay is low and the corporate moral is awful. The training program for sales is good. Get trained and look for other jobs.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UniFirst (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First interview with the sales manager, then do a field exercise where you go around and talk to businesses about their uniform programs, and then report your findings to the company at a seconds and final interview with the branch manager. After reference check, came the job offer. no flexibility on salary negotiations.

Interview Questions

• if you are good at sales, there are no difficult questions at this interview. All sales related.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, standard corporate salary and benefits package.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

If you are interested in the job..... ask for it.
    UniFirst is looking for people who want to grow from within not a short stay.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want toi be in sales.   1 Answer