UniFirst

Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.8

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UniFirst.

If you are interested in the job..... ask for it.
UniFirst is looking for people who want to grow from within not a short stay.

Other Interview Reviews for UniFirst

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florida, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florida, NY

Extensive four step interview process. Phone interview, then with sales manager, then with GM, then Power Point presentation. Study the company, behavioral based questions, and other interview questions and why you would be a candidate for outside sales. The total process took over a month from the phone interview to getting hired. The reason being is that the sales manager works extremely long hours helping his current sales reps which is a good because if you are hired as a sales rep, he will be your boss. So yes the interview process takes awhile but the company is rewarding.

Interview Questions
    • What threw me for a loop was the fact that I had to give a presentation with the sales manager and regional sales manager as part of the interview process. When they first explained it I thought they were joking. But they were not, LOL. Consists of seeking 8-12 businesses who RENT uniforms and documenting their uniform situation and presenting. However, it is a great way to see if you actually want to do the job and if you are a fit for the company. I enjoyed the process and they are definitely the best uniform company when it comes to service in the industry.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UniFirst in March 2009.

I was first contacted for a phone interview. The questions were very basic relating to my sales experience. Two days later I met with the HR manager and aswered a series of behavioral questions. The same day I took a sale app test/ IQ test. One week later I sat with the district manager.

Interview Questions

I received a pharma offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UniFirst in November 2011.

Interviewer expected me to run the interview seemingly, but showed little interest in what I had to say.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UniFirst.

First interview with the sales manager, then do a field exercise where you go around and talk to businesses about their uniform programs, and then report your findings to the company at a seconds and final interview with the branch manager. After reference check, came the job offer. no flexibility on salary negotiations.

Interview Questions
    • if you are good at sales, there are no difficult questions at this interview. All sales related.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, standard corporate salary and benefits package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UniFirst in May 2013.

was contacted after i applied to Unifirst by the sales manager. quick response with an interview shortly thereafter. Sales manager was up front with all details of the career opportunity. Had me do a unique pre-offer presentation to show my level of comittment. Found sales manager to be honest, up front, high expectations, and seemed genuinely interested in my success.

Interview Questions
    • asking me to detail my accomplishments via awards, letters and or accolades. Which I did.   Answer Question
    negotiation was negligable since comp structure is what it is...found it to be very fair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UniFirst.

I had similar experinces to what the people before me have written. They want to know your life story, especially anything that shows your competitive edge, starting with highschool. Hopefully you are not currently employed because they will want to interview you 5 times. They will likely also give you a field exercise or ride along. If you really want the job be persistant they like that. Word of caution though, they will monitor your every move (with consistant phone calls and gps tracking) and expect you to be in the field cold calling from 8am to 5pm. The cold calling schedule isn't bad unless you are good at sales and need to do order write ups, and presentations or proposals. If you need to do things like that it has to come out of your own time. As does anything else you need to do to create an order. Planning for you weekly check in meetings happens on your own time too which includes scheduling your cold call route and writting plans on how you are going to penitrate your large accounts. All in all the employees that work for the branch I was at were either constently in trouble or worked 60+ hours a week. I urge you to talk to any current employee to see what the work conditions are because it becomes hard to apply for other jobs and interview when you work so many hours.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you were like in highschool. I would recommend asking them what they are looking for during the interview and package your anwsers accordingly since that is what their training will tell you to do.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable and complicated as far as comission goes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UniFirst in September 2014.

Was brought in for 3 interviews, including a field exercise. I left early from my current job to show up early and make a good impression. It has been over a week now and i have not hear anything from them, not even an answer to my follow-up emails. These people are hypocrites and do not practice what they preach. Don't waste your time with this 5 step interview process. They clearly have no problem just dumping you in the middle of it.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to come to 4 seperate interviews, this is uniform sales, not the secret service   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UniFirst in May 2012.

The office manager first called me on the phone and screened me with a quick 20 minute interview. He asked about my work history and what I was interested in, going back as far as high school. He then set me up for an interview a few days later. This was a one to one interview at their office. The office was stale but the interview was somewhat grilling. Focused mainly on why I am the best, what drives me to be number one, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in your first month to be better than our current representatives?   Answer Question

compensation was below my desired level.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UniFirst in November 2010.

Phone interview, A hiring manager Interview, Ride along, Branch manager