Unified Grocers Interview Questions

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Unified Grocers

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unified Grocers (Commerce, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was first interviewed via phone by someone in HR. It lasted about 30 mins and was really easy, more like a chat with a friend about my job. I was told at that time I was actually qualified for a number of open positions within the department and we discusses which I would prefer!

When I went in for an in person interview, I met with 4 people from the direct department I was applying for. Everyone was super nice and again it felt like having a discussion with colleauges (which we sort or are since I was coming from a grocery purchasing background already).

Interview Questions

• I was asked about forecasting sales, my software experience, my education, and familiarity with the category.   Answer Question

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Unified Grocers (South Seattle, WA) in August 2008.

Interview

Contacted by the HR department who found my resume on Monster or Careerbuilder, not sure. I spoke with the HR person and was scheduled for an interview for a Helpdesk position, when I came into the interview there was another position open for Computer Operator that was a better fit for me and I was offered this position. The hiring manager and I clicked very well and the interview was smooth.

If you get a chance to, ask to meet the people you'd be working with or view the work area, many positions with this company are given to those who seem to fit the best in the team regardless of your experience.

Interview Questions

• Some technical jargon questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't in a position to negotiate, however if you have experience or a degree you can get more money from them.