Unigen Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Unigen (Fremont, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First is the phone screening from the Staffing Program Specialist. Afterwards, there was a face to face interview with the Product Manager, SVP of Operations, Sr. Director of Product Marketing, and System Qualification Test Engineering Manager. The face to face interview took about 4 hours. Lastly, there was a final interview with the FAE hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• It's common where Unigen and other SSD vendors will use the same controller model (e.g. Marvell 88SS9187) for their SSD product (e.g. 2.5" SATA III SSD). Also, Unigen and other SSD vendors will release new FW (same controller model) at different intervals. There are instances where other SSD vendors will release a new FW version before Unigen. Scenario: A customer is aware of the new FW version (from a different vendor but same SSD controller model) and asks if they can apply the new FW on the Unigen SSD. In addition, the customer has read the release notes and there is a FW fix, which the customer needs. How would reply to the customer? Is this recommended?   Answer Question

Order Management Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Unigen (Fremont, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

interview was scheduled for 4 hours and to meet with HR Manager, Hiring Manager, VP of Finance and Sales Manager. interview with each person was scheduled for an hour, it took about 45 minutes with each individual. Questions including how to coach the team, how to motivate the team, how to discipline unacceptable behavior, what process change did i make.

Interview Questions

• any process change and how the team received it   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unigen (Fremont, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

You will have a preliminary interview with HR, then a phone interview with your immediate supervisor, then a face to face with a group of about four peers. Most of the questions were pretty basic. There were no trick questions like if you sit in a boat on a lake holding a rock and throw the rock overboard, does the water go up or down.

Interview Questions

• It was a design challenge type question...if you were designing x, what would be your approach.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unigen does not provide severance pay and they don't really negotiate on salary or benefits. About the only thing I negotiated was my start date

Senior Program Manager Interview

Interview

The first two interviewers were not even in the same department. I asked questions which they cannot answer.

Technician Interview

Interview

I was hired by my friends mom, it was easy. When I went in, a lady came to talk to me and 5 of my other friends. We were hired as soon as we stepped into the building, it was a case of whether or not we wanted the job, which we obviously did.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could not negotiate, but the hours were flexible. I was allowed to go to work whenever I wanted and leave whenever, but there was a timecard and I was paid minimum wage.

Process Engineer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unigen (Fremont, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview began with a quick chat with a HR. The HR asked basic questions: Tell me a little bit about yourself, what was your most difficult situation and how you handled it, how much salary do you want? There were 4 interviewers: 1 Manager, 3 Engineers. The interview took 2.5 hours. Each interviewer asked different questions. Some asked about my background and work experience. Some tested my technical knowledge.

Sales Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Unigen in June 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with several people (5) but did not interview with anyone from the department.

Interview Questions

• Asked to sell the interviewer to sell him a plain white piece of paper   Answer Question