Unilever Assistant Brand Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

1:1 Interview (On-Campus), if you do well... Invitation to Superday in Englewood Cliffs. The night before Superday, the company takes you to dinner. It's pretty relaxed...getting to know the people/company. Important to talk to the employees and learn about the company (employees are eager to share their experience). The next day there are two 1:1 interviews. I enjoyed both of my interviews, but I've heard different opinions (depends on the interviewer obviously). Just be yourself and, and you'll do great! I would say that they definitely want to challenge you, but that's the fun part! Lunch. After the interviews, there is a case scenario. You have about 90 minutes (if I remember correctly) to prepare and present with a team. You're given a product category and a few demographics...then you have to come up with what you want to take to market given the constraints. I was really nervous for this portion, but it's honestly not that bad at all. There are 3-4 Unilever employees that are watching how you work with the team and how you can involve your other group members. Side note: some people have the case before lunch and the interviews following lunch. Overall, the interview process is great. They link you up with a "mentor" who is a current employee. I LOVED my mentor because he really motivated me and boosted my moral before my interview! I haven't started as of yet, but HR has been an absolute dream to work with. I am really excited to start this summer!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was happy with the contract/package. I didn't negotiate, but it seemed like a pretty firm offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Unilever

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

Great and informative but took about 2 months

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Unilever (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

i was recruited from Business School. Screened on campus then full day of on- site interviews

Interview Questions

• packaged goods marketing and why Unilever?   1 Answer

Negotiation

was able to negotiate salary based on other offers

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Unilever (Nairobi (Kenya)) in February 2015.

Interview

Full day process that begun with a case study that you prepare and present to the panel, Group works, and one on one interviews. there was also a quick fire session, in which candidates pick a topic from a box and have 5mins to discuss whatever issue is presented.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Interview

Very simple interview process. Applied through a recruiter and got an interview call the next day. Got the job in 2 days. Basic STAR type questions with the Marketing Director and VP. No negotiation on the salary but it was a fair salary anyway.

Interview Questions

• Why Unilever? Why Marketing? Key marketing positioning questions on their brands   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was very simple. Based on prior experience and results delivered there. Also was quizzed on what I want to do in the future. It happened in a cafe so that was a relief.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

It was quite easy as they primarily check your enthusiasm and your people skills. There is no such analytical or mathematical tests. Your prior work experience matters.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You cannot really negotiate as each position level has a salary bracket that needs to start from 80% for a new joiner, unless you are a special talent and I was not in that case.