Unilever Assistant Brand Manager Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Unilever.

It was quite easy as they primarily check your enthusiasm and your people skills. There is no such analytical or mathematical tests. Your prior work experience matters.

Interview Questions
You cannot really negotiate as each position level has a salary bracket that needs to start from 80% for a new joiner, unless you are a special talent and I was not in that case.

Other Interview Reviews for Unilever

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Unilever in November 2012.

1:1 Interview (On-Campus), if you do well...

Invitation to Superday in Englewood Cliffs. The night before Superday, the company takes you to dinner. It's pretty relaxed...getting to know the people/company. Important to talk to the employees and learn about the company (employees are eager to share their experience).

The next day there are two 1:1 interviews. I enjoyed both of my interviews, but I've heard different opinions (depends on the interviewer obviously). Just be yourself and, and you'll do great! I would say that they definitely want to challenge you, but that's the fun part!

Lunch.

After the interviews, there is a case scenario. You have about 90 minutes (if I remember correctly) to prepare and present with a team. You're given a product category and a few demographics...then you have to come up with what you want to take to market given the constraints. I was really nervous for this portion, but it's honestly not that bad at all. There are 3-4 Unilever employees that are watching how you work with the team and how you can involve your other group members.

Side note: some people have the case before lunch and the interviews following lunch.

Overall, the interview process is great. They link you up with a "mentor" who is a current employee. I LOVED my mentor because he really motivated me and boosted my moral before my interview! I haven't started as of yet, but HR has been an absolute dream to work with. I am really excited to start this summer!

Interview Questions
    I was happy with the contract/package. I didn't negotiate, but it seemed like a pretty firm offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ

interviewed at Unilever in November 2011.

Great and informative but took about 2 months

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Unilever in December 2009.

i was recruited from Business School. Screened on campus then full day of on- site interviews

Interview Questions
    • packaged goods marketing and why Unilever?   View Answer
    was able to negotiate salary based on other offers

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever in October 2008.

Unilever in a large company so the interview process is slow. Once you apply online an outsourced HR company (not part of Unilever) call you for a phone interview. If you pass that the next step is meeting one on one with your hiring manager.

The questions are typical brand managment questions: make sure you reasearched the brand you are interviewing for, P&L, typical consumer for the brand etc.

Interview Questions
    • Who is the typical consumer for the particular brand you are interviewing for. They go into detail about their brands.   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Unilever in June 2008.

I have been asked questions to expand on my experiences I described in the online application form such as:

Tell me about a situation where you succeeded at bringing people with differing opinions together and achieved consensus

Can you tell me an experience of yours where you believe you showed leadership skills

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me which brand's marketing strategy you like the most and why?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me what your see yourself as weakness   Answer Question

Worked for Unilever? Contribute to the Community!