Unilever

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Senior Finance Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Unilever in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy and thorough

Interview Question – Why I wanted to work at Unilever   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy and they were responsive

Human Resources Summer Intern Interview

Human Resources Summer Intern
Hammond, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details – It was an easy process. The interviewer was very personable.

Interview Question – What is one of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Front Line Manager Interview

Front Line Manager
Hammond, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in August 2013.

Interview Details – Week 1 - Contact from recruiter regarding position
Week 2 - First phone interview with Unilever recruiter (~45min), first on-site interview (2 hr)
Week 3 - Second on-site interview with site leadership team (2 hr panel interview)
Week 4 -Third on-site interview (2 hr)
Week 5 - Follow-up with Unilever recruiter

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Offer was presented and I was initially given 24 hours to make a decision. I immediately countered with a higher offer. It took approximately one day for review and received a reply where my counter was met. I was given another 24 hours to decide. Negotiation was easy and stress-free.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Material Handler/Machine Operator Interview

Material Handler/Machine Operator
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in January 2013.

Interview Details – My interview was Tuesday January 15, 2013 we were told that we would all be contacted at the latest in the beginning of the following week. By the way my friend also had an interview there to and was contacted through email January 17, 2013 and was told she did not get the position. I hadn't been contacted so January 23, 2013 I called the man I was prompted to see during the interview couldn't get through to him besides his voicemail. I took the initiative to obtain his email address from my friend who was rejected to follow up on my interview since I hadn't been contacted yet. As of today January 25, 2013 I received an email saying thanks for coming to interview at the Chicago, IL Kilbourn location but they decided to offer the opportunities to other candidates and goodluck with my job search. Iwas totally pissed, not for the act that I didn't get the job but for the fact that if I hadn't contacted him through various means the management at unilever wouldn't have bothered to contact me and let me know my status regarding the position. Candidates spent 3 hours of their time waiting around to be interviewed which could've been completed in 1 hr time but the unilever management didn't have the courtesy and respect to follow through or their statements and contact the candidates regarding the job opportunity. It was a waste of time and they didn't give anyone feedback on their interview as stated. Basically if they feel they are going to choose other candidates for the position they could care less whether you're informed of your status.

Interview Question – The interview wasn't difficult the process was just tedious. The interview took 3 hours and it only took 30 minutes (alotted time for skills test) for testing and 30 minutes for the two interviews. Basically we just sat there until they decided to call us and it was only 7 of us.   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Category Manager
Schaumburg, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Unilever in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewers appeard to be unprepared, was rushed from one office to another.
Left feeling a tad bit insulted.

Interview Question – What is your opinion of outsourcing.   View Answer

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Supply Chain Manager
Chicago, IL

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Unilever in January 2009.

Interview Details – I had an interview at my campus. There were two people who take my interview at the same time. The interview for a job in Supply Chain, First of all, my major is not logistics but they still interview. At first they ask me behavior questions and then later on they give me couple cases to read and then ask me how I will make my decision after understanding the case. It was little difficult for me because as i mention my major wasn't logistic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation when you were leader of a group and your group partners are not cooperation with you.   View Answer
  • They give me a case to study and ask about my opinion.   View Answer

Worked for Unilever? Contribute to the Community!