Unilever Demand Planner and Supply Chain Analyst Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Demand Planner and Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaffhausen (Switzerland)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaffhausen (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever in May 2011.

Interviewed for 2 different positions: Demand Planner and Supply Chain Analyst.

In both cases the interview was conducted by 2 people and in both cases they adopted a ‘Good Cop, Bad Cop’ interview style. ie One was friendly and asked the easy questions, and the other was unresponsive and asked the more difficult questions.
The interview consisted of standard interview questions on strengths/weaknesses/working in a team and then some introductory textbook questions on Finance. The questions were not exploratory at all, and did not really reveal the candidates ability to think logically, nor did the questions explore what accomplishments the candidate has so far achieved.
The interviews were also not interactive at all and an open discussion never really took place.
Very little feedback was given for the answers provided.
The order of questions in both interviews and their content were both random and disorganised and gave me the impression that Unilever in Schaffhausen (unlike P&G) does not really know what kind of candidate it is looking for. For example in one interview we started a case study that the interviewer decided to abandon, as he got too mixed up in the facts that he himself had provided.
Unilever also delayed over 5 weeks to get back to me with an answer.
Based on both interviews, the people I met during the day and the impressions I got, Unilever Schaffhausen seems like a very chaotic working environment. All in all, quite a negative interview experience, which alienates potential candidates.
A word of advice for Unilever would be to take the example of P&G, I recently interviewed with them in Geneva, and it was a very organised, orderly and positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your strengths, weaknesses, ability to work in a team, ability to work with other nationalities and cultures.   Answer Question
  • Explain IRR, NPV, DCF, Some Balance Sheet Ratios.
    (Introductory questions in Finance)
    Give some examples of financial analysis that you have done.
      Answer Question