Unilever Foodsolutions

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.0

Distributor Development Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever Foodsolutions in April 2014.

The recruiters are professional and do their best to be available when you need them for questions. I asked lots of questions over a phone interview with the hiring manager, they really had no great strategies or category management backing to theories. I thought to go through with an interview face to face. All managers are very unprofessional, could not get a handshake upon initial meeting with the hiring manager. They were also very on time coming into the interview= late. Most of the questions I asked were based on ROI, contracts, promotions for which they really had no great answers. I went through with another interview, the panel. This had to of been the most unprofessional experience I have ever had. No one introduced themselves, had no idea who was who, how long they had been with the company, just their job title. I had to ask for an introduction and they said they could do it later. Never did. They asked the same questions from the first interview. It was like déjà vu with a different group of people. They are not well prepared and I would stay far away from this segment. Other segments seem more appealing.

Deechnician Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Unilever Foodsolutions.

I was hired as part of a group employees to do a migration of Windows XP to Windows 7 and builds.

Interview Questions
    • The setting up of permissions for users to have administrative access permissions log on.   Answer Question

The travel commute distance.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever Foodsolutions in December 2011.

Very bizarre interview. After a phone interview with HR and in person with the hiring manager, I was asked to complete a case study within 12 hours (I was called at home at 7AM with this request) so there would be something to discuss at the next panel interview. The case study was one page and had several errors in it. The HR assistant who sent it over was unable to answer any questions about it and didn't know how to get corrections to the things that were clearly in err.

The panel was with an HR director and hiring manager who were half hour late and seemed very lethargic. They asked for a presentation of the case study and then asked very few questions about it, instead going back to the generic questions answered at the first interview.

The hiring manager described the role as very tactical with all strategic work handled from corporate headquarters in Europe. She did not seem very excited about the job (or hers) though she was very nice.

While I was not offered the position, I would have declined it if I did. Seemed like a very low energy, complacent work environment with not much going on.

Field Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever Foodsolutions.

Simple hiring steps, one to one meeting, no english or ability test. Because the deepest position for ufs. It was shocked for me because i had heard a lot about the how unilever interviews were hard, but i said before, i understood there, Hereke'de wsa not unilever

Interview Questions
    You should go to interview as you know that it was not unilever

Distributor Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever Foodsolutions.

Screened by recruiter. Phone interview. In person interview with hiring manager, Regional Sales Manager, and another employee. Then interview again in front of executive leadership panel.

Interview Questions
    • Given real job problems and you must explain in a presentation format (to a rather large panel) how you would handle them.   View Answers (5)

Associate Finance Management Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever Foodsolutions.

Initial Phone interview with a Finance Manger. I was asked the standard 'tell me about yourself' questions + why Unilever. Then went into a mini case regarding pros/cons of merging 2 divisions at Unilever.
    Second Interview ended up being over the phone for me as well, though that's not typical. This interview was with another Finance Manager + CFO. Standard 'tell me about yourself' questions, + why Unilever. They were more trying to assess fit and likeability. No case in the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    No real negotiations for an internship. The offer is fairly standard.