Unilever Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Interview

Campus interview, then site visit with multiple interviews. Great people, Give you gift bag with an array of their products. Nice headquarters. Interview was of moderate difficulty. Good overall response.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Unilever

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Unilever (Ithaca, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Future Leaders Program through campus recruiting. I went to a 4-round campus interview, where they asked mostly standard questions (walk me through your resume, tell me about a time you had to work in a group, etc.) followed by specific questions asking about the company (What's your favorite Unilever brand? What have you heard in the news about sustainability, etc.) and my interest in Consumer Packaged Goods. A lot of the questions were based on how I could work in groups and lead project-based teams, which made sense considering the focus on promoting interns to their rotational program. I received an offer the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one on site interview. Starts off at the recruitment stage Phone interviews last a good half hour and will ask general questions about your past work experience. Next two interviews are more technical and see how you would handle tasks and scenarios. The phone interviews will be one on one but the in person had a panel of current team members. Everyone was polite and professional.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve issues with coworkers.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

They basically took you into a room with two people and interviwed with basic behavioural questions. They also had a small case study, 2-3 weeks until they tell you the result.

Interview Questions

• Whats the most interesting piece of news you have seen about unilever?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever in February 2014.

Interview

Attended corporate presentation and networking events prior to dropping resume on school recruiting website. Interviewed two weeks later and received my offer the day of. Very quick turn around time and one of the most interesting/exciting interviews I've ever had. They fed off my previous answers and tailored the interview so they got a good sense of my interesting marketing, my knowledge of the industry and company, and my overall preparation. No case question but they did ask me about trends in the marketplace.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see the future of sustainability going for Unilever?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Campus- very standard- no submission of official transcript

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever in March 2013.

Interview

Basic behavioral interview

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about one of your favorite brands   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

I dropped my resume at my university career fair. I was contacted fairly quickly to set up an interview. When I arrived, I had fill out a form with my basic information as well as location preference. I was interviewed by one person. For interns, this is the only interview you will have before being notified. You will be notified whether you are offered or not. The interview was simple, only 5 behavioral type questions with a Q/A at the end. It was short, sweet but very efficient. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very simple. I think the hardest was, "tell me about a time you had to step up because someone else was lacking."   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were lenient about when I wanted to accept the offer. The Englewood office offers interns corporate housing or a housing stipend plus the salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

At a career fair I gave my resume, and was immediately asked to choose from a selection of interview times for a same-day interview. At that time, I met with two individuals (one from HR and one from my field) to for my interview. There were several behavioral questions, but definitely a focus on my past sustainability efforts in various projects/organizations.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself as a big fish in a small pond, or as a small fish in a big pond?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to deal with someone who was not performing in the group.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate - intern rates were assigned based on year in school.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Detroit, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

They gave an on campus interview which was pretty good. The interview wasn't too stressful and they followed up well. The questions were fair and the interviewer did a good job asking them. They picked a good location to do the interview and the lighting was very good. They did an overall good job on the interview.