Unilever

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

3.2

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

Online tests, then an interview with a manager. Interview went great, seemed more like friends chatting, however, there were no questions to sort out candidates at all, more about strengths and weaknesses. I cannot imagine how a manager can make a decision about a candidate based on that questions. Looks like they already found one before me.

Other Interview Reviews for Unilever

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

took online application. the application form consisted of 7 questions that should be answered in maximum of 300 words. Then there was an online aptitude test which included logical test and numerical test. Logical test was quite tricky but numerical test was okay. Then there is a phone interview which last about 15-20 minutes and there is an assessment day. There will be competency-based interview session and some case studies to discuss.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Unilever in November 2014.

Good interview, but sometimes the interviewer was talking too much and not let the candidate speak. general questions, but a lot of focus on Why Unilever and not on personal experience

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

There were an online test, a phone interview and an assessment center. At the assessment center, I went through an interview, a individual case presentation and a group discussion. Interviews mostly involve behavorial questions. It will definitely help if you have your stories ready.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above what was expected of you to help someone.

What is your favourite brand/ campaign?

Answer Question
    • Name your favourite superhero   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever in February 2014.

Attended corporate presentation and networking events prior to dropping resume on school recruiting website. Interviewed two weeks later and received my offer the day of. Very quick turn around time and one of the most interesting/exciting interviews I've ever had. They fed off my previous answers and tailored the interview so they got a good sense of my interesting marketing, my knowledge of the industry and company, and my overall preparation. No case question but they did ask me about trends in the marketplace.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see the future of sustainability going for Unilever?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

As I was a referral, the process was rather easy and quick. After they received my CV, I received a phone call from HR to make an appointment for a telephone interview. During this telephone interview I was asked some basic interview questions: why do you want to work for Unilever? Why did you choose marketing? Why not anything else?. After successfully rounding up the that interview, I was invited for a face-to-face interview. Very chilled and relaxed experience with some basic and out-of-the-box questions.

Interview Questions
    • Which part-time job do you remember the most? And why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Unilever in March 2012.

At a career fair I gave my resume, and was immediately asked to choose from a selection of interview times for a same-day interview. At that time, I met with two individuals (one from HR and one from my field) to for my interview. There were several behavioral questions, but definitely a focus on my past sustainability efforts in various projects/organizations.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself as a big fish in a small pond, or as a small fish in a big pond?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to deal with someone who was not performing in the group.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate - intern rates were assigned based on year in school.

Intern Interview

They basically took you into a room with two people and interviwed with basic behavioural questions. They also had a small case study, 2-3 weeks until they tell you the result.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the most interesting piece of news you have seen about unilever?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The interview i went through was just to know more about me. The intending line manager asked questions about the skills i had and how i was going to be of positive impact in the organization.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever in April 2012.

The process included an initial screening test conducted at the university followed by two interviews. The interviews focused mainly on personal questions with very few technical questions. The first interview was entirely structured around the core competencies that the company looks for and evidence of how the candidate has displayed these qualities.

Interview Questions
    • Being an engineer, why would you like to work for our company where there is relatively little conventional engineering work being done.   Answer Question