Unilever Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

3.1

SME Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

applied through school, first round was behavioral and skill test, after that was called to corporate office where the second round happened, they declared I was hired and gave the offer letter right away.

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Interview process was very straight forward with no curve balls or anything. The recruiters were very easy to talk to and made the whole process very smooth. Most of the questions they asked were about my resume, past work experience and behavioral based questions. They also asked a few questions based on basic supply chain knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • If you were president of the school, what three things would you do to make it better?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

After the online application, there was a telephone interview, then an assessment center followed by a final one-to-one interview. The assessment center is basically a group of interviews (about 8-10 people) sitting together discussing a business case. The case I encountered was a new product launch.

Interview Questions
    • The assessment center may be the most difficult step for Unilever interviews.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

They basically took you into a room with two people and interviwed with basic behavioural questions. They also had a small case study, 2-3 weeks until they tell you the result.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the most interesting piece of news you have seen about unilever?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

HR Screen, Phone interview with hiring manager and in person interview with four sr. managers across various business units. Very situational based questions.... tell me about a time. They also asked questions about the total company portfolio, which was challenging to prepare against a wide array of brands

Interview Questions
    I should have negotiated more on the base salary.

Category Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever.

A couple phone interviews with manager and HR people, as well as a final in person interview
    Most managers are nice and they want to get information on your experiences and business issues you've solved or been exposed - pretty normal process, nothing too hard or stressful
    HR isn't very good, they don't always answer all your questions and can some times misguide you

Interview Questions
    • Explain a business issue and how you solved in detailed - show samples of your work   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation, salary has little to no wiggle room - but vacation is more negotiable. Some relocation is also negotiable

Transportation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever in September 2014.

The entire process took approximately 4 weeks. I was initially contacted by an HR rep for a phone screen. I was then asked to come in person for an interview with the hiring team leader. The interview took approximately 1 hour, and the manager of the group was present as well. I thought the interview went very well; I answered all the questions and it seemed as though we were on the same page. I was very disappointed to learn after two weeks of waiting that I was not offered the position. HR did not follow up with me; I left the HR contact a voicemail and followed up three days later with an email to which I finally received a response.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a difficult situation where you had to call out a person/organization for failing to deliver what was promised.   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

I applied online and process took three days for telephone interview
    HR phone call ( to check interests in this position only and available dates for technical phone interview)
    Hiring manager phone call ( to know about background)
    On site interview : Presentation( based on my previous project works) and one to one interview

Manufacturing Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

One on campus interview with two interviewers. Interview was behavioral and lasted about 30 minutes. I was contacted after the interview with an offer letter containing the internship location and salary.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with conflict on your team.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Human Resources Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

2 rounds of interviews