Unilever

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.1

Supply Chain Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Unilever.

The interview was conducted by two employees. It was more like a conversation rather than an interview. Very straightforward questions. The interview questions were more focused on leadership and what I can bring to the organization. I was not even a supply chain major but still received an offer. Amazing turn around. Got an offer a few days after interviewing.

Customer Development and Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

I met with them through university and went to their information session and career fair booth. they contacted me a week later to have an interview the next day. the interview was with the same guy from the information session so I had already made a connection. Really easy behavioral questions emphasize your leadership roles and ask lots of questions

Interview Questions
    • what is your most influential item on your resume and why   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

2 rounds of Interview:
    1st - with a recruiter; she will ask about your background; give information on Unilever and hiring process.
    2nd - with hiring manager and another person in the team

Overall, the questions asked by the recruiter were harder than the hiring manager.
    The hiring manager was very laid back and made you feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • 1) why are looking for another job?
      2) what is your greatest strength?

Answer Question
    Tried to negotiate the salary but wouldn't budge, so I negotiated my vacation days

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever in February 2015.

Human resource will make the initial contact to set up an phone interview (phone screen interview) within a few days you will be notified if you have been selected for the next interview round. The 2nd and last interview will be one on one with the hiring manager. The interview is more of a conversation and the hiring manager wants to understand if you are a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions
    • -Tell me about yourself
      -What do you believe an employer owes an employee
      -Tell me about a time you received criticism from a team member
      -Tell me about one of your weaknesses
      -Tell me about a time u had to use financial data to make a decision
      -why do you want to work for us

Marketing Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes long and was mainly behavioral. I was also asked to critique a few advertisements. The interviewer was very nice, but it seemed like they really wanted succinct and direct answers since the interview was so short. I did not receive an offer from them.

Associate Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Unilever.

One phone interview and then on site three. I only made it to the first round. the seconf round i encountered a very difficult interviewer who was aggressive in his questioning. I was asked many technical questions but had a problem with HR. I was very nervous and green which i think contributed to me not making it.

Unilever Future Leaders Programmer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Interview on university campus after meeting at job fair, then follow up interview at Unilever HQ in New Jersey. New Jersey "Super Day" consisted of a group exercise and three one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were tough, such as "describe the supply chain at your current job" even if you don't work in the supply chain department.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Standard good interview with the hiring manager, experiences, skills, etc. The problem was when HR called me a week after and told me to call them back, they did not pick up the phone. So I was waiting for hours with false hope only for them to tell me I didn't get it. Then they called a week later to tell me again I didn't get it... an email would be just fine, please.

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

After having completed an online application full of documents and details, I have been contacted the day after by a HR employee asking to set a phone interview for the day after. Almost one hour of phone interview to assess some personal skills and to ask me situational questions and "which was a situation where you have proved that..."
    They told me that I could write them for any kind of questions also after the interview, and that the results would be available in 3 weeks

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever in December 2014.

Got called by a HR after 1 week of application submission. She scheduled 2 face to face interviews and 2 phone interviews with the managers/director. I had a good experience interviewing with the managers. They were all very friendly and easy to talk to. And the HR was very organized and efficient in the way of scheduling the all interviews and responsive to all my emails. However, at the end, they told me they decided to pursue an internal candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What is a product you would like to make now?
      How did you handle a situation when you had a conflict with someone.