Unilever

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

3.1

Marketing and Customer Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Unilever.

on campus recruitment process - took around 6 days to get an offer after having an on-campus interview.Questions were almost entirely behavioral and all straightforward. They asked about my life on campus, interests, interests in Unilever and in marketing, heavy on asking what questions I had about the company and position, when I have had a difficult time working with others and overcome it, and interviewers were funny and down to earth.

no negotiation

Unilever Future Leaders Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Unilever.

Worst interview I've ever had with any company during the university recruiting season. I made past the first round of on-campus interviews and was invited to do a Skype interview with someone from the company. The recruiter called me a few days later saying that I moved on for the superday at the office. That same night, about an hour later, she called again saying that it was a mistake and that I was actually on the "waitlist." She apologized and PROMISED that she would let me know the next day whether or not I had moved on... except it's been two months now and I still haven't heard a single word from them - not even a rejection.

If the HR is any representation of the company then I would rather not work at Unilever.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make an executive decision quickly.   Answer Question

Unilever Future Leaders Programmer -- Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Unilever.

Unilever got my name through Enactus, a social entrepreneurship organization that I am a part of and Unilever is a big sponsor for. They asked for an initial Skype interview and a week later I found out that I advanced to the next (final) round. That was Super Day, a competitive interviewing day at headquarters, in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. They flew me out there and the first day was a dinner and casual conversation with Unilever directors and leaders in the program currently. The next day was a group activity and 3 back to back interviews, with the last one being a case study question. The two earlier interviews were behavioral based. It was a high caliber group of people they brought in, about 25 of us, but they had no quota of spots to fill -- they could extend as many offers as they wanted.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was the case study. I was not a supply chain or engineering major (the rest of the group was), and so I wasn't used to thinking like that. The case was essentially a situation where your company wasn't able to meet demand and you weren't given enough information. You had to just ask probing questions to your interviewer to figure out what had happened and then suggest what you would do to improve processes.   Answer Question

Marketing/Customer Development Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Unilever.

Recruiter was very on top of scheduling initial interview. HR took longer to respond as it got closer to the notification date. Overall, HR department was very helpful and kind throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much all behavioral. Interviewer mentioned "buyer's reaction" or a term similar to that at one point.   Answer Question

Marketing and Customer DevelopmentProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Unilever in November 2014.

Attended information session at university I attend and then applied on my college career site with my resume and cover letter. I also applied on the Unilever website. The interview was so laid back and really easy. Very conversational and they only asked me about 3 main questions and it felt like most of the time they opened up for me to ask them questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your favorite brands and why? What classes have you enjoyed at college?   Answer Question

Marketing and Customer Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever in November 2014.

I applied online in late October. In mid November, I was emailed about setting up an interview. Because the position is for the Cincinnati location and I live in Cleveland, the interview was via Google Hangouts. I was interviewed by a member of the Customer Development team as well as a member of the Marketing team. Questions were standard, interviewers were friendly and the process went smoothly!

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the relationship is between marketing and sales?   Answer Question
    Their pay is high enough that I didn't feel the need to negotiate.

SME Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

applied through school, first round was behavioral and skill test, after that was called to corporate office where the second round happened, they declared I was hired and gave the offer letter right away.

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Interview process was very straight forward with no curve balls or anything. The recruiters were very easy to talk to and made the whole process very smooth. Most of the questions they asked were about my resume, past work experience and behavioral based questions. They also asked a few questions based on basic supply chain knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • If you were president of the school, what three things would you do to make it better?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

After the online application, there was a telephone interview, then an assessment center followed by a final one-to-one interview. The assessment center is basically a group of interviews (about 8-10 people) sitting together discussing a business case. The case I encountered was a new product launch.

Interview Questions
    • The assessment center may be the most difficult step for Unilever interviews.   Answer Question

Unilever Future Leaders Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Unilever in October 2014.

I met Unilever representatives on campus at my university career fair. I also attended a leadership event on campus with one of the Vice Presidents of customer development at the company which I found very helpful and interesting to get to learn about the company. I applied to the position through their website and my campus recruiting job website. I was given a 1st round interview and I was told only 2 people were being selected to go to the final super day interview. The interview was an average behavioral based interview that lasted about 30 minutes. I heard back the same week via e-mail that I would not be invited to the super day interview.