Unilever

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

3.1

Marketing Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes long and was mainly behavioral. I was also asked to critique a few advertisements. The interviewer was very nice, but it seemed like they really wanted succinct and direct answers since the interview was so short. I did not receive an offer from them.

Unilever Future Leaders Programmer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Interview on university campus after meeting at job fair, then follow up interview at Unilever HQ in New Jersey. New Jersey "Super Day" consisted of a group exercise and three one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were tough, such as "describe the supply chain at your current job" even if you don't work in the supply chain department.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Standard good interview with the hiring manager, experiences, skills, etc. The problem was when HR called me a week after and told me to call them back, they did not pick up the phone. So I was waiting for hours with false hope only for them to tell me I didn't get it. Then they called a week later to tell me again I didn't get it... an email would be just fine, please.

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

After having completed an online application full of documents and details, I have been contacted the day after by a HR employee asking to set a phone interview for the day after. Almost one hour of phone interview to assess some personal skills and to ask me situational questions and "which was a situation where you have proved that..."
    They told me that I could write them for any kind of questions also after the interview, and that the results would be available in 3 weeks

Marketing and Customer Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Unilever.

on campus recruitment process - took around 6 days to get an offer after having an on-campus interview.Questions were almost entirely behavioral and all straightforward. They asked about my life on campus, interests, interests in Unilever and in marketing, heavy on asking what questions I had about the company and position, when I have had a difficult time working with others and overcome it, and interviewers were funny and down to earth.

no negotiation

Unilever Future Leaders Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Unilever.

Worst interview I've ever had with any company during the university recruiting season. I made past the first round of on-campus interviews and was invited to do a Skype interview with someone from the company. The recruiter called me a few days later saying that I moved on for the superday at the office. That same night, about an hour later, she called again saying that it was a mistake and that I was actually on the "waitlist." She apologized and PROMISED that she would let me know the next day whether or not I had moved on... except it's been two months now and I still haven't heard a single word from them - not even a rejection.

If the HR is any representation of the company then I would rather not work at Unilever.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make an executive decision quickly.   Answer Question

Unilever Future Leaders Programmer -- Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Unilever.

Unilever got my name through Enactus, a social entrepreneurship organization that I am a part of and Unilever is a big sponsor for. They asked for an initial Skype interview and a week later I found out that I advanced to the next (final) round. That was Super Day, a competitive interviewing day at headquarters, in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. They flew me out there and the first day was a dinner and casual conversation with Unilever directors and leaders in the program currently. The next day was a group activity and 3 back to back interviews, with the last one being a case study question. The two earlier interviews were behavioral based. It was a high caliber group of people they brought in, about 25 of us, but they had no quota of spots to fill -- they could extend as many offers as they wanted.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was the case study. I was not a supply chain or engineering major (the rest of the group was), and so I wasn't used to thinking like that. The case was essentially a situation where your company wasn't able to meet demand and you weren't given enough information. You had to just ask probing questions to your interviewer to figure out what had happened and then suggest what you would do to improve processes.   Answer Question

Marketing/Customer Development Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Unilever.

Recruiter was very on top of scheduling initial interview. HR took longer to respond as it got closer to the notification date. Overall, HR department was very helpful and kind throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much all behavioral. Interviewer mentioned "buyer's reaction" or a term similar to that at one point.   Answer Question

Marketing and Customer DevelopmentProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Unilever in November 2014.

Attended information session at university I attend and then applied on my college career site with my resume and cover letter. I also applied on the Unilever website. The interview was so laid back and really easy. Very conversational and they only asked me about 3 main questions and it felt like most of the time they opened up for me to ask them questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your favorite brands and why? What classes have you enjoyed at college?   Answer Question

Marketing and Customer Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever in November 2014.

I applied online in late October. In mid November, I was emailed about setting up an interview. Because the position is for the Cincinnati location and I live in Cleveland, the interview was via Google Hangouts. I was interviewed by a member of the Customer Development team as well as a member of the Marketing team. Questions were standard, interviewers were friendly and the process went smoothly!

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the relationship is between marketing and sales?   Answer Question
    Their pay is high enough that I didn't feel the need to negotiate.