Unilever Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on their website back in February for several positions. Several days later I received some emails rejecting some of the positions I applied. Then in mid April I received an email from HR asking for a phone screen. I scheduled for the next Monday. The interview was mostly behavioral. She asked me why I applied and went through my resume, mainly my projects. The interview was quite short.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Typical on campus interview. We went over my resume and was asked about leadership... "tell me about a time", etc. A lot of behavioral questions. Very few questions about the company and the actual position. One question was technical, asking about what I did to understand marketing and how I would contribute, but other than that it was all about leadership and examples of taking initiative.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision in a short period of time.   Answer Question

Consumer Science Research Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Unilever in March 2015.

Interview

Very informal over the phone, spoke with 4 people who conducted the interview. Asked largely about my background and experiences with research and how I might be able to apply that research in R&D. Walk-through of my resume.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever (Fayetteville, AR) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with them at the career fair, filled out a profile on their iPads, as well as handed in an application. Got a call for an interview 3 days later. Was very laid back, the group interviewers were very professional and not so aggressive or intimidating. Was a great experience. Definitely nothing to be worried about if you have researched the company.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you were in a difficult situation and had to act quickly   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

The interview was conducted by two employees. It was more like a conversation rather than an interview. Very straightforward questions. The interview questions were more focused on leadership and what I can bring to the organization. I was not even a supply chain major but still received an offer. Amazing turn around. Got an offer a few days after interviewing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Interview

I met with them through university and went to their information session and career fair booth. they contacted me a week later to have an interview the next day. the interview was with the same guy from the information session so I had already made a connection. Really easy behavioral questions emphasize your leadership roles and ask lots of questions

Interview Questions

• what is your most influential item on your resume and why   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Interview

2 rounds of Interview:
    1st - with a recruiter; she will ask about your background; give information on Unilever and hiring process.
    2nd - with hiring manager and another person in the team

Overall, the questions asked by the recruiter were harder than the hiring manager.
    The hiring manager was very laid back and made you feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• 1) why are looking for another job?
      2) what is your greatest strength?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate the salary but wouldn't budge, so I negotiated my vacation days

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Human resource will make the initial contact to set up an phone interview (phone screen interview) within a few days you will be notified if you have been selected for the next interview round. The 2nd and last interview will be one on one with the hiring manager. The interview is more of a conversation and the hiring manager wants to understand if you are a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about yourself
      -What do you believe an employer owes an employee
      -Tell me about a time you received criticism from a team member
      -Tell me about one of your weaknesses
      -Tell me about a time u had to use financial data to make a decision
      -why do you want to work for us

Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes long and was mainly behavioral. I was also asked to critique a few advertisements. The interviewer was very nice, but it seemed like they really wanted succinct and direct answers since the interview was so short. I did not receive an offer from them.

Marketing & Customer Development Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever (Berkeley, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I initially qualified for this interview because of being a finalist in their national UniGAME competition. I was contacted by 1 recruiter and interviewed by 2 brand managers from different brands. Since I'm in California, this was over Skype. They were very friendly, nice, and asked challenging (but good) questions!

Interview Questions

• What is a marketing campaign you admire and why?   1 Answer