Unilever

255 candidate interviews

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Leatherhead, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in January 2009.

Interview Details – Online application
Telephone interview
Online numerical and verbal tests
Assessment centre (including senior manager/leader interview)

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you managed an end-to-end supply chain   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate if you are a direct entry candidate. No negotiation for graduates.

Intern Interview

Intern
Liverpool, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was hard, having prepared as much as possible. Many, many, competency questions were asked. It lasted about 20 minutes of continuous questions.

Interview Question – "describe a situation where you have had to make a sudden decision, with no support from team members"   Answer Question

Future Leader's Program Interview

Future Leader's Program
Trumbull, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever in November 2012.

Interview Details – Apply onine, online test, phone interview, and the Superday interview. We had dinner with some employees in Unilever one day before the superday. Superday was tough, first a material review followed by an independent presentation, then there was a face-to-face interview. In the afternoon there was an independent material study followed by a group discussion but no presentation.

Interview Question – What is the recent news you know about Unilever   Answer Question

UNILEVER CUSTOMER EXECUTIVE Interview

UNILEVER CUSTOMER EXECUTIVE
Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details – 2 interviews
1 with HR
1 with Top Management

Interview Question – Tell us about a time that there were two different groups of people which are opposed at any subject. You convinced them on "one idea".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO

Category Assistant Interview

Category Assistant
Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details – I came into Unilever through the graduate program. It was not as much an interview as a day of test, tasks and interviews. The day followed this structure:
1. Tests.
2. Group Discussion based on 15 minute pre-read.
3. Individual assessment based on a 20 minute to read a case and present findings.
4. Interview.
5. Psychometric testing.

Negotiation Details – Negotiate if you have grounds to (relevant experience). You probably don't have much to go on if you are a grad. Don't expect the best pay.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Graduate Trainee
Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Unilever in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for the process in December 2012 and have been called for an interview in April 2013. I was welcomed by two people, one from procurement department and the other one from HR department. They asked me questions based on my experiences, such as conflicts, how I handled them, what I learmt from them etc.

Then I was called for the recruitment day in May 2013. We were 6 people, the morning started with a written case interview about handling a production problem and deciding where to open a factory. Then we were given several problems and we discussed which three were the most important ones. After lunch, we were given a short time to study another case and we provided individual presentations as a role player, which was very difficult. At the end, we had individual interviews, where we were provided feedback based on why we were recruited or not.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you faced a situation which was unethical and how you handled it   Answer Question

Unilever Marketing/Customer Development Summer Internship Interview

Unilever Marketing/Customer Development Summer Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details – I applied to the internship through university career services and on-site recruiting. Applicants were notified if they were selected for an interview within 5 days of the application due date, interviews were two days later. Four people were selected for an interview. I was selected for the position and was notified the next day verbally. I was contacted by HR three days later with the formal offer and had a week to accept (deadline seemed flexible).

Interview Questions

Graduate Trainee Interview

Graduate Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in November 2013.

Interview Details – online application, phone interview

Interview Question – what have you done to know more about the FMCG industry?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Unilever in April 2012.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview in february followed by a group interview in the headquarters in Istanbul in March. Each took 45-60 minutes and consisted of behavioral and personality questions. Final round was called "selection board" which you spend the whole day with 5 other candidates solving case problems and giving presentations about a given business case or new product development strategy. Top level managers and HR people will be present to observe your performance.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to combine two different approaches or perspectives to solve a complex problem.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided to go to graduate school abroad.

Shanghai Management Trainee In Customer Development Interview

Shanghai Management Trainee In Customer Development
Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Unilever in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to the Shanghai Management Trainee position online in early September. Two weeks later I was asked to take a logical and numerical online ability test. I passed the test and had a phone interview in early October. I did really well but didn't hear back from the recruiter for two months. I later learned that it took so long because a huge number of people applied to this position but Unilever could only accept a handful of candidates to its on-site interview based in New Jersey.
I went to the on-site interview, or Super Day as they call it, in December. The Super Day consisted of 1) two 45-min interviews with manager/HR/VP, 2) a 60-min group project where candidates were divided into teams to work on a randomly assigned topic and Unilever people observed the group discussion in the room 3) office tour. It was a fantastic experience! I especially enjoyed the group exercise as it was fun and unique and really tested everyone's interpersonal and problem solving skills. The decision was made very quickly and I got a phone call the next day telling me that I was selected to proceed to the next stage which is a Skype interview with the China team. The Skype interview was very casual and they did not try to cut people at this point (I and another girl are the only two left). Two weeks after the Skype interview I got the offer.
The whole process took 3 months but it was very structured and the HRs were quite responsive.

Interview Question – - What is your favorite Unilever brand? Design a marketing campaign for this brand.
- What could you have done better today?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The compensation package was satisfactory.

Worked for Unilever? Contribute to the Community!